The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Skit: I lost 50 lbs with a Pokewalker
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:08 am 
Commentator

It's amazing what the Pokéwalker can (and can't) do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2zBRt-VRvU

I give this 10/10 fat people.

Discuss! At least work those hand muscles you lazy bum!

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

Post subject: Re: Skit: I lost 50 lbs with a Pokewalker
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:42 am 
Cast Member: Ash

As in the same case with Pac-Man: The Yellow Knight, this video was written, directed, filmed and edited by yours truly.

Been wanting to film this for a while but we've been caught up in the National Park Adventure stuff so we had to postpone filming till a few days ago when we had a break.

Special thanks to Julian for bearing the 105 degree heat in a fat suit! What a trooper! :-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:22 am 
Freelancer

Thios made me crack up esp at the end when the Golbat only raises up one level

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:35 am 
Newcomer

Julian ran pretty fast for a fat guy :lol:
4/5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:48 am 
Commentator

When the pokémon theme drifted in for a second, "I wanna be the very best," when he was considering, I laughed. I don't know why but the pokémon theme song is just straight-up funny. Anyway, amazing cinematography and an amusing concept that was very well done. Also, kudos to Julian for handling the heat.

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:25 am 
Commentator

I loved the part where Julian randomly stops running to talk to that girl (was that a random girl I couldnt tell) "Aww you gave me a berry."This brings me back to the old Sega days when Dreamcast first came out with the game Sonic Adventure and you could carry your own Chao(Sp?) in your pocket. If you did it right you could trade items (like berries) and they were SOOoooo cute! I havent had the chance to get Heart Gold yet but it looks as if its worth it so maybe Ill give it a try!

The little device also reminded me of those random Tamagotchi toys from back in the 90s(remember those?) with the cute little animal (or in this case pokemon) inside that you could play with (or in this case train) while on the run :) I can only hope that the battery power on this thing is much better than that of the old devices.

All that being said the likeliness of kids actually using the thing is probably little...to none. Most kids will probably ignore the device altogether or like Julian get frustrated after the first use.

One last thing Dane you did an AWESOME job at editing this I love the fade effect in the middle where the pokemon title appears. its not easy doing all that layering :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:48 am 
Freelancer

Lol and roflmao! I too was like WTF when the pokemon level goes up 1.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

I enjoyed everything about this skit except the title: I lost 50 lbs with a Pokewalker. Before I started watching it I knew exactly what was going to happen. A better title imo would be "How I lost 50 pounds" "Pokewalker: The key to fitness" "What Happens when you give a fat guy a Pokewalker" "Pokemon VS Obesity" or anything like that. I even think the video's description was a better title than the actual one.

In the future you might want to make the video's title not be as obvious or parallel to the movie. It's a title, not a summary. Other than that, like I said, lotsa laughs.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:56 pm 
Cast Member: Snake

Thanks for making an awesome video Daney! ^^

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:06 pm 

AdminAdam wrote:
I enjoyed everything about this skit except the title: I lost 50 lbs with a Pokewalker. Before I started watching it I knew exactly what was going to happen. A better title imo would be "How I lost 50 pounds" "Pokewalker: The key to fitness" "What Happens when you give a fat guy a Pokewalker" "Pokemon VS Obesity" or anything like that. I even think the video's description was a better title than the actual one.

In the future you might want to make the video's title not be as obvious or parallel to the movie. It's a title, not a summary. Other than that, like I said, lotsa laughs.

I guess I named it that for two reasons: 1) Couldn't think of a better title. And 2) I was going for a viral title. If there's one thing Chris has taught me it's that if the title gets people's attention it will become viral quite fast. So I was only giving away the plot so that people would be curious and watch it. Actually, I really like all of the titles you came up with Adam, but unfortunately there's no going back. I totally agree though, for a video you want to surprise your fans with, you should name it something vague. This video however would probably be an exception simply because I wanted the entire Pokemon community to see it and not just the Richalvarez fans.

In fact, if you type the word "Pokewalker" into the YouTube search our video is the second one from the top. So I'm hoping to wrangle some new viewers and new subscribers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:00 am 
Commentator

Quote:
Actually, I really like all of the titles you came up with Adam, but unfortunately there's no going back. I totally agree though, for a video you want to surprise your fans with, you should name it something vague. This video however would probably be an exception simply because I wanted the entire Pokemon community to see it and not just the Richalvarez fans.

In fact, if you type the word "Pokewalker" into the YouTube search our video is the second one from the top. So I'm hoping to wrangle some new viewers and new subscribers.

I dont mean to sound rude or anything but there is a way you can change the video title. (Feel free to correct me if Im wrong on this or ignore me if you already know this information)
First go to "My videos" section. Click on the video title and the video will pop up. Above it are a series of tabs including "Edit video" click on that and a screen will come up where you can change the title and description of the video. Im pretty sure Adams titles will get you just as many views but thats only if you want to change it. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:48 am 
Novice

Immediately prior to the Pokewalker's release, I was discussing almost the same concept for a video with my friend. But I was think more of a "rocky II" feel of it (music wise).

But, needless to say, I am glad you guys made it because, in actuality, I never would have.

Awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:12 pm 

WhiteMage79 wrote:
I dont mean to sound rude or anything but there is a way you can change the video title. (Feel free to correct me if Im wrong on this or ignore me if you already know this information)
First go to "My videos" section. Click on the video title and the video will pop up. Above it are a series of tabs including "Edit video" click on that and a screen will come up where you can change the title and description of the video. Im pretty sure Adams titles will get you just as many views but thats only if you want to change it. :)

Haha, yes... I know exactly how to change the title of the YouTube video. But what I was referring to was the fact that I put the title directly in the beginning and the end of the video. In bright red. It takes up the entire screen. Twice. So yeah. Not able to change that without reuploading it. Not that it matters, I never thought it was a terrible title.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm 
Novice

I'm going to be honest here. Ever since you stopped making Stupid Mario Brothers, I've been worried that the quality of your movies has been in decline (not you in particular, Dane, but the entire channel's). I've never been a huge fan of Youtube News -Not because it isn't well made, but because I'm just not in to the topic-of-the-day style humor- and I was none to thrilled by the advertisements. For a time, I was seriously considering unsubscribing. Your recent videos, however, particularly this one and Pac-man: The Yellow Knight, have shown me that you don't need Stupid Mario Brothers to carry the channel. You're still capable of making awesome movies, and I shouldn't have thought otherwise.

I do have two bits of criticism for the Pokewalker movie, however. First, Julian is using a "stupid" voice throughout most of the video, however when he stops to talk to the girl, he uses his regular voice. Second, I thought having a small clip of the Pokemon song play when Julian was having his realization took some of the humor out of the song playing during the run. Overall, though, I thought it was an excellent movie.

And I actually thought the title was fine. Having it as "I lost 50 lbs with a Pokewalker" made it seem like it was parodying those advertisements where they have someone saying "I lost X pounds with (Product)."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:44 am 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
I liked it. I got a little surprised becouse of the end, becouse I tought that when Julian would get his Pokéwalker out, he'd see that the batterie had run out of energy. ( And, that means that you lost your pokémon FOREVER. ) 8/10.

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.