The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Short Film: This Happens Now
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:54 pm 
Commentator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HF4PH9_G_Q&feature=sub

I give this 10/10 Backstabing Friends. As much as I love comedy, I also like to see videos like these as well.

Oh, side note for Adam, or Rich since he's posting the videos, I won't be online Friday or Saturday (unless something goes wrong with the event I'm going to, in which I'll be very depressed for a few days.), so if a video goes up one of those two days, either it goes up on sunday, or someone else may need to post the thread.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

Post subject: Re: Project Richard Video: This Happens Now
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:42 am 
Creator

On the video:
This was an experiment video, it was meant as a test for my ability to make a film and to see how I work with actors. I know the plot is somewhat cliche and overdone, but that wasn't the point, the point was what I would do with it. And also to test my ability to make a drama. I know I can do better, but this was just practice.

To THO:
I'll post the treads.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:18 am 
Forum Gamer

Chris plays the Jerkface quite well, and since it is an expirement, I will not rate it. Good job anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:28 am 
Creator

Goombowser wrote:
Chris plays the Jerkface quite well, and since it is an expirement, I will not rate it. Good job anyways.

I do want constructive comments.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:29 am 
Commentator

Richalvarez wrote:
I do want constructive comments.

I really liked this video on a whole different level than anything you've ever done before Richie. I actually am a fan of more serious videos and have a leaning toward drama myself.

As for comments, my main problem was with the first scene where the characters, supposedly very good friends, were interacting. There was a lack of naturalness in the interactions. One thing is the body language. They both had their arms crossed which is a way of communicating discomfort and closing oneself off. Also, it looked like Chris was avoiding looking directly into Christian's eyes. (I could be wrong. It might have just been the camera angle.) Lastly, the camera angles were very confined, keeping a tight medium shot on both actors. To capture the relaxed atmosphere and to emphasize the openness and trust in their friendship, I may have used some wider angles.

The things I really liked was the sequence were Steve was struggling with his emotions in his bed room. A very nice use of dialectical montage that really made me feel for him. Also, the use of camera angles outside the movie theater, when he saw John with Kelsey (sp?). The fact that you didn't show their faces right away was brilliant. It was just the right balance of not treating the audience is an idiot, like they didn't get what had happened right away, and at the same time making sure that they did actually get it. And the use of the camera angles created some very nice physical and emotional depth, emphasizing the sudden distance between Steve and his friends.

Richie, you really have my respect as a filmmaker and I really look forward to seeing more of your more serious films. :D

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:59 pm 
Middling

it was good, different than the other videos you make!! im like drama stuff (it must me being a totally drama queen and all)!! dont get me wrong i like funny stuff too!! i like how it is different than other stuff you have filmed. im like the chick who loves action and drama videos more, well i like comdey too.

it really good, and i think there should be more drama ones. but it is just what i think, other people would disagree, saying that im crazy for not liking comdey, i do. but drama and stuff like that is what i like the most.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:33 pm 
Role Player

Dang.. I knew that you were a good drama director, but I never knew that you could actually capture the audience's attention and keep them them wondering through the whole thing. The Opening scene was a nice touch to tell the story of what's going on. Nobody would never expect what was to come. Some people might, because a lot of people have gone through this, but still this was very nicely done, Rich.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:27 pm 
Creator

Wow great feedback guys, thanks a ton!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:29 pm 
Freelancer

wow, big change from the norm. good work! although, I like the stupid mario bros. thing most, but I guess its because I'm a very action/ comedy oriented guy. I personally like fights over somebody just getting shot and killed like that. but that's me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:34 pm 
Mediate

I find this to be a very good show of your skills as a drama director.
I only suggest that you and or your fellows study other humans. Study their body language and how they react in certain situations. Put that information together to help create a more real looking emotions. If one is thinking about making a move to further a relationship they are usually a bit jittery due to excitement. Thoughtful lip biting, inability to sit still, some displays of insecurity perhaps, eyebrow placement. I'm not entirely sure about those since I have advised my friends against coming to me for romantic help, but when they did my mind recorded their displays of emotion and filed them away in a drawer.
I could be wrong though since I am rather jaded. I still suggest studying real-life emotions and body language to better yourself Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:15 am 
Landsman

A drama i think i can finally watch its more of an action than a love drama thanks richie alot i can actually watch this i hope you make more.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:56 am 
Fan Girl

Location: In this Forum.Like to go to my tent over there, drink hot chocolate and eat cookies?
As Aisling and LinnieFish already mentioned the acting was uneasy.
I don´t had the feeling they meaned what they do or say.
Maybe it was just because they aren´t used do to other things like Parodys I mean in randumb stuff and StMB they are really professional.

Well and about the short movie itself:
Yeah, god job. The pespectives and the dialogs are really well chosen. It was really much like in a real T.V show and not just like "Hey, guys I got an Idea. Wanna film it? :awesome: "

I must go now watch some (music-)videos on Youtube with sad love music or story because thanks to that video I´m in the mood for it. :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:01 pm 
Tyro

It was fairly dark and a bit depressing. I liked it, I felt sorry for the dumped boyfriend, but I didn't want him to take the action with the gun. Very well done.

Post subject: Re: Short Film: This Happens Now
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:31 am 
Role Player

Rich you are actually a great drama director but my one complaintis the camera angles. I wonder about the ending so that makes it good.
10/10 mystery endings