The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Season 1 compared to 2 & 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:32 pm 
Newcomer

in the first series it was sooooo different

but now in the further series' they are completly different

has n e 1 noticed this especialy in ep 5 lol

Post subject: Re: Season 1 compared to 2 & 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:11 pm 
Landsman

I noticed and applaud the StMB team for the change. As they had said in one of their vlogs they cleaned it up a bit as they realized how many younger fans/followers they were haveing. Which from a parents p.o.v. is awsome in my book. I especially liked it when they posted the warning for the excessive blood use in season 3 ep 44. It's goin to be really intereasting to see what hygenics and mystery they have in store for us.
lol

Image Image

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Skype id theoriginallunacatz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:56 pm 
Newcomer

I like the amount of plot in season 2 and 3, but miss the random comedy from season one.

There is a formula for a great compromise:

Plot+Humor+Brock=a hardcore show!!!!

Last edited by OMGMajorRager on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:52 pm 
Newcomer

I noticed that too. It used to be "We're not going back to the Mushroom Kingdom. Hey Luigi, want to go race go-karts? Okey dokey!"

Now it's all this stuff about Merlin and the darkness...which is still pretty good, but they need to keep doing funny episodes unrelated to plot, like Johnny Mushroom and the Kingdoms.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:33 pm 
Commentator

Plot, in my opinion, is what makes people come back for more. You can still have a plot ridden, dark story and still have humor. Look at Diseny's adaptaion of Hunchback; it is the darkest Diseny film to date; had a good plot. BUT it is STILL hilarious!
and i agree with Sabertooth1000000000, humour+plot+BROCK=hardcore show!

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:52 pm 
Newcomer

Lady Juse wrote:
Plot, in my opinion, is what makes people come back for more. You can still have a plot ridden, dark story and still have humor. Look at Diseny's adaptaion of Hunchback; it is the darkest Diseny film to date; had a good plot. BUT it is STILL hilarious!
and i agree with Sabertooth1000000000, humour+plot+BROCK=hardcore show!

Actually i said that, but w/e

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:43 pm 
Newcomer

Season 1 had more humor and the storyline wasn't so "dramatic". While in seasons 2 and 3 it was a lot more focus on story and thats good. 2&3 had the biggest "laughing hard" moments.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:00 pm 
Intermediate

season 2 was the beset in my opinion. I loved the story, and the occasional laugh. Season 1's humor was a bit childish and season 3 spent too much time dawdling around preparing for the final battle, when so much more plot could have been added. I felt the jokes were forced and deliberate.

Gosh, that sounds horrible....Don't get me wrong I enjoyed all three seasons, however I didn't enjoy 1 and 3 as much as I did 2.

Message me anytime!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:51 pm 
Forum Gamer

Lady Juse wrote:
Look at Diseny's adaptaion of Hunchback; it is the darkest Diseny film to date; had a good plot. BUT it is STILL hilarious!

Just a note, the Disney version of Hunchback was accually watered down a bit. In the original book, Esmerelda is hanged, and Quasimodo dies of starvation embracing her corpse.

Anyway, back on topic, I love seasons 1 and 2 the best. The comedy in season was my kind of humor, while season 2's funny moments seemed even funnier next to all the serious. Season 3... Was pretty much all filler. There was really no substance to it. It was the mehest season.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:32 pm 
Newcomer

Season 1 was the most funny one but season 2 and 3 had drama and more of a point. I do miss the season though because of all the silly things they did.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:33 pm 
Landsman

Season 1: LOL :lol:

Season 2: LOL :lol: , woah, there's a plot now :)

Season 3: :| OK, a little thick for my taste, and why is Merlin a character in a Mario Series?

The Movie Act I: LOL :lol: , they still have it!!

The Movie Act II: Can't Wait

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:03 am 
Novice

Overall, I think season 1 is the best, but I realize that the show would probably not have survived if Wario and Waluigi were still trying to get the Mario Bros. back for Bowser. The first act in the movie was a nice change of pace from the plot-driven second and third season, though.

I think it would be best if the show remained plot-based, but occasionally they would do stand-alone episodes that had no real bearing on the season's progress. But with only 15 episodes a season, there's probably not time for that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:43 am 
Creator

I often ask myself whether or not the change was necessary. I certainly thought so at the time, so i think that from my perpective i did what i needed to do. It was more about, "We have a popular series, should we continue with it?" "yes, we should" "But because it would get boring from an actor/ writers point of of view, to keep doing silly comedy, we should add darker elements to keep it interesting."

So in the end it was

1. Keep doing Mario and change it a tad, or

2. Don't do it at all. Do something else.

We are now at that point again where we need to make a decision. Ultimately we have decided to end the show, as we all have our own side projects we want to do. Dane with Random Prod, Chris with his College Studies, Matt with his acting Career, and me with my independent films. It's impossible to keep a show as Complicated as "Stupid Mario" going when we are all super busy. But we will still make the occasional Youtube News, and Super Mario news. So look for those. Also, expect some kind of big film from us next summer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:24 am 
Middling

Richalvarez wrote:
I often ask myself whether or not the change was necessary. I certainly thought so at the time, so i think that from my perpective i did what i needed to do. It was more about, "We have a popular series, should we continue with it?" "yes, we should" "But because it would get boring from an actor/ writers point of of view, to keep doing silly comedy, we should add darker elements to keep it interesting."

So in the end it was

1. Keep doing Mario and change it a tad, or

2. Don't do it at all. Do something else.

We are now at that point again where we need to make a decision. Ultimately we have decided to end the show, as we all have our own side projects we want to do. Dane with Random Prod, Chris with his College Studies, Matt with his acting Career, and me with my independent films. It's impossible to keep a show as Complicated as "Stupid Mario" going when we are all super busy. But we will still make the occasional Youtube News, and Super Mario news. So look for those. Also, expect some kind of big film from us next summer.

Have you ever thought of doing a very simplistic season 5? (no effects, not alot of characters, not alot of plot) and by that i mean, whenever you have free time, and uploading whenever instead of a schedule?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:37 am 
Newcomer

I agree Season 1 is definitely the best. It's been true so many times, when you don't really have a budget or big special effects to work with, you have to rely sorely on creativity. Once something gets a little bigger, the freshness of the first season, movie, art, etc, is lost.

However I've enjoyed Seasons 2 and 3 as well. And I understand where Rich is coming from saying that if they just remade Season 1, it would get old really fast. All of the great TV shows (The Simpsons, Family Guy, Seinfeld) evolved over time. Thus is the same with SMB. And the special effects are worth the time put in.

That being said, I was very happy to see a "Back to basics" with SMB The Movie ACT 1: "Hey Luigi, wanna make a Stupid Mario Bros movie?" "Okie dokie!"