The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Richie's Life In the Fat Lane (Discuss All Days Here)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:28 am 
Novice

Dude, I live in Apple Hill...it's apple madness.

Videos are inspiring and awe-inspiring. that is quite some progressive weight loss.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:54 am 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
Where I live, there are quite some places where they grow fruits like apples. We have them here a lot, and well yeah... I never really looked up stuff about apples. But now I've heard the things Richie said in his vid... Well I guess I'll just try to eat an apple a day lol. If we own apples then lol. And even if not, if I REALLY want an apple, I could just go to the (however you call it, it's a shop where they mainly sell fruits and greens). It's very nearby, I would probarly be back home after 5 minutes or something LOL.

As for day 11, first off, 13 pounds!!! Great going Richie! Also, that you only lose fat in that diet is pretty awesome. And 4 inches!!! That indeed is a very big difference. And about the sizes, that could indeed be true LOL. But yeah, I'm not the one to judge, since I live in west europe lol. Also, about that you get used to eating less, well I didn't really know that, yet it didn't surprise me either. Yet I think it's good to know lol.

As for day 12, first of all... Congrantulations with your birthday!... Hang on a second, did you say December 5th?... ROFL!!! That's the EXACT day of a certain holiday we celebrate here!!! XD Anyways, also great going with losing 14 pounds already! And well when you hit that wall, well I'm pretty sure it won't stop you lol. And I'm really looking forward towards the special guest lol... Oh dangit just realised that I'm out for this weekend... Without internet... DANGIT... Then I'll have to wait until sunday afternoon to get to watching it....... MRER...... But... Ah... Well... Things like these happen... I guess......... But it's still mrer.

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:52 am 
Commentator

StupidMarioFanChar wrote:
And even if not, if I REALLY want an apple, I could just go to the (however you call it, it's a shop where they mainly sell fruits and greens).

We call that a "grocery." Though at this point, my bet is even most English speaking persons don't know that word. You could also be referring to a "farmer's market" but that's kind of specific. A farmer's market it where the people who grow the fruit and vegetables sell them themselves.

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:24 pm 
Commentator

Richie, as you are an apple fan I ask you: what is your favorite kind of apple? Just curious.

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:26 am 
Commentator

I was totally going to ask that Juse but got so caught in my monologue to do so XD So yeah Richie whats your favorite apple we all want to know? Hard to tell off hand which kind you keep holding up in front of the screen. (Youd have to be nearly insane to memorize ALL of the apples)

Day 13-
Qoute of the day! Well would you look at that from your own channel comes...
"We brought you an apple! Two apples? Three Apples? Caramel apple? Apple Juice? Apple pie? Apple Mac Book? Apple martin?...Apple martini?"

Who would of thought APPLE humor could be this good? XD Hmm that does beg the question though why if Yoshi eats so many apples is he so fat? (not the actor who plays him the actual Yoshi from the games) Hmm must be all that random eating...

*RANT TIME!*

So after watching this video I decided to do some research on the connections between weight loss and apple eating. It seems not only can apples help make you lose the pounds around your belly but they also reduce your cholestoral(sp) and make you have less risk of getting diabetes! All that and they taste SO SWEET!
There is nothing like biting into one and feeling those delicious juices flow throughout your mouth. Mmm making me hungry excuse me I think Im going to go get one of my own!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:25 am 
Commentator

Well, it looks like a red delicious.

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:08 am 
Freelancer

That was cool where we got Dr. X to guest in Day 14! Interesting tips from him!

I have never been over weight or under weight. Just the weakest in the class.

My question: Dr. X, what would you suggest for people that are underweight and weakest in the class?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:38 am 
Novice

Well, Richie inspires me to eat healthier food now and to drink more often. I can't go on a professional diet like him, but I can a lot of stuff by myself. I am not overweight, but I know I don't live very healthy. I'm gonna change it now. Richie, you are my biggest inspiration!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:39 pm 
Commentator

We are Richie's legions! :lol: I liked the interview with Dr. X alot. He sounds very reasonable and very professional. But there's still a sense of fun and intrigue around the fact that he doesn't want to reveal his identity.

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:17 pm 
Commentator

Day 14- The interview was well done and I am glad to hear the facts from a professional. I trust you Richie but to be honest its just good to hear it from someone who knows. ;) Halfway there almost!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:26 pm 
Intermediate

The biologist in Plasticmanticor returns!

In a previous statement, I had said that most of the early weight lost is water.

This is supported by Doctor X's statement to reduce sodium intake, because reducing sodium reduces water retention, and thus increases loss of weight.
I believe I had mentioned that myself...

This was also seemingly rebuked by the statement by Doctor X to increase the water drunk. Now, the reader who really doesn't care about this might be asking "Hey, if most of the weight lost is water, how can drinking more water be beneficial to the diet?"
This can be explained quite easily.
As Richie had mentioned the "wall", a similar effect happens.
As the body suffers from dehydration, it makes the decision to retain as much water as possible. Its a matter of self-preservation. However, by keeping properly hydrated, the body is more willing to release water, and the net loss is greater by increased hydration than it is by decreased hydration.

*the biologist retreats to his little corner, and the SMB fan comes out*

Hooray Richie! We're all rooting for you. Although, it appears that an apple a day doesn't quite keep the doctor away...

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:16 am 
Novice

well done interview.

While this is all really good information, I can't say that I haven't heard it before. But that's just my nutritional literacy kicking in. But that's not to say that this is not welcome. It continues to be extremely motivating and entertaining. Thanks a lot.

I guess we are kind of a legion. That could be potentially dangerous.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:55 am 
Commentator

Day 15

Amazing progress, Richie!! You deserve a high five or a hug. Sadly, neither of which I can give you.

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:20 am 
Commentator

Day 15- No comment
Day 16- Wow! Its so good to see Matt and Chris supporting Richie like the good friends they are. (Still havent figured out whether Julian really cares about it or not) Matts comment seemed appropriate for him. As for Chris as his "best friend" I can see where hes coming from with "we love grumpy Richie but its good to have energetic Richie" after all they see eachother alot XD I dont eat chip dip so yeah....good tips though!

P.S. Ive started to eat more apples...man I forgot how delicious they are...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:49 pm 
Commentator

Day 16

I'm so glad to see Richie's friends being so supportive! I know how much that can mean when you're aiming for a goal. And I can certainly tell Richie's losing weight. He looks much healthier and happier. Heh heh heh, grumpy Richie. My big brother is like that so I can certainly understand Chris. :lol:

The hydrogenated oils is something that my Dad has been aware of for a long time. We've been very careful to avoid it as long as I can remember, just like aspartame. A major food that has hydrogenated oil is margarine so my family only uses real butter.

Keep up the good work, Richie!

EDIT::::

Day 17

Cooking with Richie and Chris! Sounds yummy! Lemme get paper and pencil and write this recipe down. I'm really glad to see Chris with Richie again. It must be a real help to have such great friends being so supportive.

^Thanks ML!^

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next