The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 72
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:55 am 
Co-Creator

Mario searches for the Master Sword, while Luigi prepares for the next big battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HgcRzSqlsk

Your thoughts, comments, suggestions, critiques and feedback are encouraged like always!

Enjoy!

PS: If you haven't seen it yet, check out our newest update video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjBWoPJwFiY

Post subject: Re: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 72
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:30 am 
Freelancer

Glad to see some major development Zubashi and Gangles finally have something to do even if they're dealing with stupid ninjas im guessing this causes their downfall (Laughs go to Gangle's random Japanese), DK and Yoshi are out I'm sad.., oh and Merlin after lots of foreshadowing and mention finally returns. With so much to deal with I guess the final three eps are longer.

Ken and Ryu's fun in the park was hilarious childly fun WITH SLIDES and SMILES but what about the whole Tamari plot that broke them up is that going to be fixed or forgotten? Ness taking a shower didn't seem that important but then again with him off the border the ninjas could sneak in at the time. Waluigi's badass boast was the best part I was cracking up so hard when he falls back.

10/10 Laundry mistakes

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:21 am 
Creator

JRPictures wrote:
Glad to see some major development Zubashi and Gangles finally have something to do even if they're dealing with stupid ninjas im guessing this causes their downfall (Laughs go to Gangle's random Japanese), DK and Yoshi are out I'm sad.., oh and Merlin after lots of foreshadowing and mention finally returns. With so much to deal with I guess the final three eps are longer.

Ken and Ryu's fun in the park was hilarious childly fun WITH SLIDES and SMILES but what about the whole Tamari plot that broke them up is that going to be fixed or forgotten? Ness taking a shower didn't seem that important but then again with him off the border the ninjas could sneak in at the time. Waluigi's badass boast was the best part I was cracking up so hard when he falls back.

10/10 Laundry mistakes

ehh I was going to include a sub plot about Tamari in this season, but i didn't feel like it went with the rest of the season, so i left it out. Ken and Ryu are getting over their differences without mention of it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:35 am 
Commentator

I'm still saving my full review until the end of the season, but I will say that this is probably one of the top episodes of the season. I'll put down some quick thoughts here.

I'm assuming the music Mario was following was a reference to Ocarina of Time's Lost Woods, right? (Unless I'm forgetting something from Link to the Past, which admittedly I need to complete, but I don't recall needing to follow music to get to the master sword.) Anyway, very nice reference.

The Zubashi/Gangles thing is exactly the kind of thing I wished happened more in Season 5. While I know you guys wanted to set up a spin-off show (which I'm still encouraging you give a try if you want to), for the situation you've set up for Season 5, this is exactly what I wished those two had been doing through-out the season. Interacting with the other ninjas and playing off their lazy/goofy attitude with Zubashi's more serious/easily angered attitude.

The effect for Decious knocking out DK and Yoshi (or "killing them", either/or.) was a very cool modification of the usual fireballs thrown by the plumbers. Nicely done! (Also, Chris, you did a great job this episode as Decious. Nicely Done!)

I love seeing Doug back as Waluigi, and I get you only have so much time with him so you can't have him running around like the other characters all the time, but the Narc joke is starting to get played out. Last season's version of these scenes worked a little bit better considering that the gags relied did not just rely on one character, and wasn't just the same joke over and over again. (Like how Mario and Wario were playing cards with the knocked-out Waluigi, Wario reading him a story, ect.). I feel like we don't need to show him again until after the Decious battle when we know he'll be back to normal.

The Ken/Ryu thing is similar to my complaint about Zubashi/Gangles. Again, it feels like characters are just waiting around for the plot to get to a specific point before doing stuff. One thing I'm curious about is if the plot point from season 4 with Tamari will be brought back up. Since Ken and Ryu were allowed to do whatever they wanted until the battle occurred, why not look for Tamari like Ryu suggested back in his battle with Ken in the conclusion of Season 4? Or at least bring this up and have them talk things out to give proper resolution to that plot point. I know that this show is half comedy, and I'm not suggesting that the show should be completely plot and serious. But it seems like some characters could have been doing other things than they currently are doing.
EDIT: Seems while I was making this post, you responded to this. That's a shame that we didn't get to see that. I know Ken and Ryu are getting along, but I wish Ken and Ryu would have at least talked out their problems more before Ken forgave Ryu.

Yeah, I'm surprised Mario thought he had a chance to get the Master Sword out of it's holding place. I know times are desperate, and that was the only thing that could kill Ganon, but I feel like Mario should have thought this through more (I'll talk more about how I feel about Mario's plot in my full season review later.)

Is Merlin in the Dark Realm with link? Is that how Decious was able to defeat him? If so, that's brilliant! No wonder Wario knew he was alive, it makes perfect sense. Decious was too evenly matched with Merlin, and if he couldn't be defeated, why not deal with him the same way they did with Link? Bravo if that's the case, Rich. (Although that does bring up the question of how he could communicate from the dark realm, but let's wait to see if I'm right.)

This definitely looks like the season will end strong, it just seems though that some of the elements done in this episode are things that should have been done in the middle of the season. When I get to my full review I'll explain further, but while I felt the first third of the season was handled very well, and the ending looks like it will be great too, the middle of the season had a few issues, some of which I've already addressed.

Anyway, this was a very solid episode. I'll give it a 4/5.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:23 am 
Newcomer

All in all, this episode is a good one. Personally, a prime example that this season has its good points. The comedy was great, I loved how Brock tried to remove the sword, and failed completely. The ninja scene was hilarious. Let's see...I really hope DK and Yoshi are okay...I loved DK especially when Matt played as him!
Lastly...Merlin? The return of??? My guess is the same as everyone else's, the next three episodes feel like they're going to be longer. Can't believe I'm going to say this, bu looking forward to Episode 73!

Come for the action, stay for the story!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:51 am 
Novice

Location: "I am everywhere and nowhere. I am all of you and none of you"
Merlin: "I'm dead! It's the ghost!"
Ken an Ryu in the park very much reminded me of Stop Smoking with Snake. These episodes are going good so far.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:08 am 
Creator

the first 2 episodes (61-62) happened exactly as i had written them. Episode 63 was only the first half of the episode 63 that I wrote. Episode 64 was a combination of the last half of 63 plus the first half of 64. Episode 65 was the second half of the written 64. I followed a similar pattern down till about episode 69. This was mainly to keep the episodes under ten minutes and to maintain what i had written in the earlier part of the season. Because for whatever reason the first 8 scripts were way longer then the last 7. For example episode 72, was originally intended to be episode 70, but i've been pushing things down the line to the point where we are 2 complete episodes behind.

Does this mean the last 3 episodes will be longer? Not really, 73 and 74 should still be under 10 minutes. But since episode 75 will essentially be the combination of the original 73, 74, and 75, I expect it to be quite a bit longer.

So perhaps this is why the hidden one feels that this episode would have been more appropriate earlier in the season, because originally, it was supposed to be lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:18 pm 
Commentator

Richalvarez wrote:
the first 2 episodes (61-62) happened exactly as i had written them. Episode 63 was only the first half of the episode 63 that I wrote. Episode 64 was a combination of the last half of 63 plus the first half of 64. Episode 65 was the second half of the written 64. I followed a similar pattern down till about episode 69. This was mainly to keep the episodes under ten minutes and to maintain what i had written in the earlier part of the season. Because for whatever reason the first 8 scripts were way longer then the last 7. For example episode 72, was originally intended to be episode 70, but i've been pushing things down the line to the point where we are 2 complete episodes behind.

Does this mean the last 3 episodes will be longer? Not really, 73 and 74 should still be under 10 minutes. But since episode 75 will essentially be the combination of the original 73, 74, and 75, I expect it to be quite a bit longer.

So perhaps this is why the hidden one feels that this episode would have been more appropriate earlier in the season, because originally, it was supposed to be lol

Well, what I meant to say was, scenes like Zubashi/Gangles training the ninjas probably should have been earlier in the season. Maybe I didn't explain it correctly.

Interesting that some parts were suppose to be early episodes. I suppose it's possible if the split hadn't happened, some issues I had may have been contained in one episode and be less of a season complaint. Although, there are still some issues I have with the season that wouldn't be fixed by this, but until I put my full review of the season I'm not going to go over. (I don't feel like bumping every other season 5 episode thread and some issues belong to more than one episode. Of course, that's not to say that every season 5 episode had many issues, or that I'm not enjoying the season. I am enjoying it.)

I am very interested to see how Episode 73, 74 and 75 turn out. I'm curious to see if they'll change my mind on one or two things. Although I do feel my opinion on one or two issues probably won't change because of the finale.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:17 pm 
Novice

This season originally started out fairly fast paced and kept the audience interested (61-64), then it slowed down BUT just the right amount (65-69), now it has gotten pretty dang slow for my taste (70-72). I feel as though the stuff that happened in these last three episodes definitely could have been 1 or 2 episodes (Based on what Richie said above they were at one point). Bottom line, I really hope the pace picks up in these last 3 episodes. Just a little disclaimer: when I mean fast pace, I mean a bunch of interesting things happening at once and not being dragged out. Fast pace doess not necessarily mean action sequences. My point: I've just felt a lack of interest these last few episodes.

The Ken and Ryu thing was a funny little bromance bit, but it felt really out of place. Would have worked better if it was with last weeks episode following the scene they were talking on the bench.

It has been a little while now since we last saw Wario. It would be nice to see him doing stuff on his own and in a state of depression. Cue Celine Dion, lol.

Waluigi's scene. Just a random way to throw Doug in, but what the hell. Doug/Waluigi has been one of my favs since day 1.

For the love of God, please straighten out Mario's hat :/ (Obviously you have already shot it, so it's too late, but still) It slowly but surely moved back into place over the last several episodes, but has since moved sideways again. I just want to reach in the computer screen and fix it for you Richie! Just a little OCD comment.

Last comment: I wanna see some characters be permanently killed. It will really raise the stakes for the upcoming final battle. Maybe Yoshi and DK were killed by Decious, but we have yet to see bodies, idk.

I give this episode 6/10

PS. I left another inquiry in the RMA messages on FB. See my previous comments on the last episode topic/forum.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:24 pm 
Commentator

35thpresident wrote:
Last comment: I wanna see some characters be permanently killed. It will really raise the stakes for the upcoming final battle. Maybe Yoshi and DK were killed by Decious, but we have yet to see bodies, idk.

There are other ways to raise the stakes for conflict. Plenty of shows have found ways to make the danger feel greater without having to resort to killing characters.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:28 pm 
Newcomer

This episode was pretty good. It is about time we saw Merlin again and I really hope to see a flash-back to what happened in the battle (rather than just a discussion). Just one thing: If Ganon sensed everything that was going to happen, can't he sense Decious about to betray him? I guess this might be part of the plot later on. P.S That Decious fire-ball was awesome! I really hope to see Mario and Ganon have cool tricks up their sleeves as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:36 pm 
Freelancer

Richalvarez wrote:
JRPictures wrote:

10/10 Laundry mistakes

ehh I was going to include a sub plot about Tamari in this season, but i didn't feel like it went with the rest of the season, so i left it out. Ken and Ryu are getting over their differences without mention of it.

Fair enough but it's going to leave a bit of a plot hole unless you somehow clear it up. I'm just saying this before all the fans on youtube complain.

But I respect your decision.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:31 pm 
Novice

TheHiddenOne wrote:
35thpresident wrote:

There are other ways to raise the stakes for conflict. Plenty of shows have found ways to make the danger feel greater without having to resort to killing characters.

Just a suggestion. Bottom line - No matter what form, the stakes need to be raised. That was sort of done in this episode w/ DK and Yoshi "versus" Decious.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:25 pm 
Fan Girl

This episode was a true killer. Congratulations!!

------------------

OK with that out of the way, I just wanna say that I'm sorry how I took for granted the quality of the show. I was watching it with a girl friend and she was amazed how you can find a show with so much quality in performance and edition on youtube. I made her watch other random episodes and she loves them! That also made me kinda watch the show with 'different eyes' and appreciate the wonderful work that has been done in RMA Prod. So, again, congratulations

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:52 pm 
Veteran

I really liked this episode actually. It was a reputable improvement from others.

The cinematography was certainly better, as was the editing. Although, the special effect with Nox Decious was questionable, but I honestly don't blame you. You don't seem like much of people who like special effects as much.

I really liked the end.

I don't really think people can complain about the ninjas this time aroun, because they kinda fit.

My only real thing is that in one of the shots of Ness, you can tell the yellow duct-tape was coming off.

8/10