The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 72
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:07 pm 
Freelancer

I'm too damn lazy to post a review.

But it is a pretty good episode!

I would have laugh my a- hats off if Gary actually pulled the Master Sword out.
"I'M AWESOME! BETTER THAN YOU LOSERS!"
Although that would break the rules behind the Zelda mythology, LOL!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 72
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:36 pm 
Landsman

I liked the Forest temple music,nice touch!
I really liked this episode.I lol @ the part with the ninjas.
Poor Yoshi and DK! =( Nice special effects though.
I got excited when Mario and co couldn't pull out the Master Sword.
Wasn't expecting to see Merlin again,but it's cool to have him back.
10/10 for this episode!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:07 pm 
Newcomer

Honestly, I think Merlin was a vision seen by Mario. But I'll also have to agree with the theory that Merlin is trapped in the Dark Realm with Link. It would only make sense...too much sense, really.

Come for the action, stay for the story!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:44 am 
Creator

Did Adam never review this one?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

Richalvarez wrote:
Did Adam never review this one?

Nope, I hadn't gotten around to it. On the brink of finals week it's kinda difficult. Well as I wait for my professor's office hours I'll write down my scene by scene.

Mario, Gary, and Brock are lost in the lost woods and follow the music to the Master Sword. ... not much to say here. I'm not the biggest LoZ fan, as in I've played very few games. But I'll take your word for what you've done with Hyrule so far. I'm getting some flashbacks to Link in Season 3 which is pretty cool.

Ryu and Ken are having fun at the park. I'm getting another Season 3 flashback to Episode 40 when Mario and Luigi are being chased by that crazy fan. Season 5 is really starting to represent all of the previous seasons, Decious and Scott of Season 2, Locations from Season 3, New Characters from Season 4, etc.

Waluigi is always the best. I don't care if I know how the gag ends, his voice is just so... awesomely enchanting. So is The Great Purple Hope his new nickname? This is the second reference to it. I'm game :lol: I'd honestly like to see Waluigi fight Ganon, but I'll leave that to fan fiction.

Good to see Ness once more, I feel like he's kinda low on screen time. Hope we get to see a bit more of him towards the finale.

Zubashi and Gangles have definitely improved this episode. I found most of their jokes hilarious. "First of all, you can't go from a dark color to a lighter color, the dye wouldn't set." 10 times better than "Maybe he missed breakfast." The other ninjas were great too. I realized how much I missed their nonsense. They've got some of the best line deliveries this season. The Gangles camera stare-down works this time around because he has characters to actually look at.

DK and Yoshi walking into Decious' base. What could go wrong? Oh. That. I thought Nox's effect was pretty sweet. Although now that those two are out for the count I kinda feel bad for them. DK had a lot of spotlight this season but Yoshi hasn't done too much since spying on the villains. Poor dinosaur...

The cinematography around the Master Sword was some of the best this season. You were about to capture about the same amount of awe as Nintendo could. Good job. I love Gary's reaction to failing to get the sword. Oh that Julian... Who's that wizard? It's Merlin! Kinda surprised myself there. Now that Mr. Continuity-Repair is reintroduced what's going to go down?

This was a very good episode. Had its highs and not too many complaints. One of the stronger non-fighting episodes so far. Well done. 9/10.