The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Member Moderators
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:53 am 
Site Admin

I'm not adding mods.

You want back up? I was visting the Knox's Korner Forums the other day and a mod deleted half of the forums. The potential for problems far outweighs the possible benefits.

We have three people with mod abilities here, Rich, Chris, and myself. The KKF mod system works for quick responses because there's like a hundred people with mod powers there, so it's very likely that one of them will be online at any given moment.

Adding one or even two mods here won't do that. This forum runs slow enough so that I can get to all the posts eventually. There is nothing Catastrophic that can happen that I have to be here 24/7.

Aside from when the forums get so large, the only time I'd consider making mods though is if I was going to be away from a computer for an extended period of time. So if I'm ever arrested for Conspiracy Against the Queen, we'll talk mods.

In other news, I've sence alot of distrust amoung the forum members. I want to start off by saying I AM NOT THE "MASTER" OF THE FAN COMMUNITY. I am the organizer.

Let's look at it this way. The Sacramento Comic Convention. A big gathering of Comic dudes and animie watchers. People may argue who is the biggest fan there or who are the biggest stars that are going to be there. It doesn't matter who is the most important or who has the biggest table of collectables, it matters about everyone being there in one spot. Along the line there was some person or organization that said, "Hey, let's have a convention here in Sacramento where we can gather up all these fans." That's who I am to this community.

I'm the one who directs this community. I started the foundation of this fan community. I'm the one who said, "Hey, let's create a place where all the other fans of this genre/ series can gather together." I'm not like LucasFilms who says, "Without us, you'll have less people there so give us more money." I'm the one who organizes the fans, tells the anime guys where to go, tells the video game guys where to go, stuff like that.

Son on a Final note I'm not a ruler, I'm an organizer. I am AdminAdam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:53 am 
Johnny Mushroom Guru

mmhmm. I see. You have said that on many occasions. But MY opinion still stands.

I am yet to regret how you said "get to it all eventually". Sometimes, we don't want to WAIT for "eventually". I am just saying you should share the Organizer power if thats what you call it. You give NO power at all to the members of the forum. You say you are an organizer, and have no power over anyone else but thats all WRONG. Your name says it all. You are the Administrator, you control the forums, the fan site, and I hate to say it THE CHATROOM (imagine what you would do to the chatroom if I blocked you from it, I do not believe you would support my chatroom anymore. [BTW, this is just a hypothetical situation])

You attempt to give us power through the Petitions forum, but you have the final say, which renders our feeling useless if you don't like the idea. Why should one fan have more say on what is added to the forum than another? That sounds like a OWNER/ADMINISTRATOR of a forum, NOT an Orgainzer.

You may say "there is no need" but I hate to break it to you Adam, but there is a HUGE need. You said it yourself "the season gap is dark times". And I think that ok, you go to sleep around 9:30, spammer comes on at 9:45, and just you know created all around trouble. Well we have quite a large night time posting group and THEY have to deal with it untill you wake up and say "Man, it sure is BORING around here [Joke, ololo]" and get on the forums and stop him.

If we had one or two moderators however, (Preferbley a West Coaster and an East Coaster) that spammer would have been scolded, deleted, rifted or recommended for ban by you in the morning. (Depending on the situation of course).

You need to SHARE the power Adam, NO community is a community when there is one person in charge making final decisions.The KKRadio forums thing would never happen here because you have good enough judgement to choose the one or two moderators that would help improve the forums every day, someone with great ideas, and generally loved by the community.

And I hate to break it to you Adam, there is a large chunk of the forums who agrees with me, and some of them are packing their bags. We are a community, a community that should help run the community together, no organizer, administrator, or master, should have more power because he was the FIRST fan. If some professional webdesigner came on and offered to rebuild the site and help on the forums, would you refuse him? Well if so, thats just being biased. You need to let the community have a say in things, we should elect people to moderate the games section for a month since its not that popular. We should be having fan banners on the weekends made by US the community. We should be able to access the fan site (with proper knowledge and trust required) and add some information!

Adam, the forum has been the same for TOO long, we need CHANGE or else things might begin to crumble under your feet.

I am MC Gamer, and I want CHANGE. And a lot of the community also wants CHANGE. Adam, a revolution is brewing, and we have support from more than you know.

CHANGE is what we WANT.

Obama will bring CHANGE and you support him. So support us.

CHANGE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:21 am 
Commentator

ok, organiser :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:51 am 
Site Admin

mcgamer wrote:
You attempt to give us power through the Petitions forum, but you have the final say, which renders our feeling useless if you don't like the idea. Why should one fan have more say on what is added to the forum than another? That sounds like a OWNER/ADMINISTRATOR of a forum, NOT an Orgainzer.

Hmm Comic Convention: "Sega would like to open a booth where they can show thier new game." "Okay, let them do it." "R-Rated Anime wants to preview thier new Season." "They're not welcome at this convention, thier program is too graphic" Sounds like Organizing to me.

mcgamer wrote:
You may say "there is no need" but I hate to break it to you Adam, but there is a HUGE need. You said it yourself "the season gap is dark times". And I think that ok, you go to sleep around 9:30, spammer comes on at 9:45, and just you know created all around trouble. Well we have quite a large night time posting group and THEY have to deal with it untill you wake up and say "Man, it sure is BORING around here [Joke, ololo]" and get on the forums and stop him.

First of all I don't go to sleep at 9:45, I move on so I don't waste away on the computer all day. There is not a spammer I am not aware of and haven't/ am not dealing with.

mcgamer wrote:
You need to SHARE the power Adam, NO community is a community when there is one person in charge making final decisions.

It's called a mayor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor

mcgamer wrote:
The KKRadio forums thing would never happen here because you have good enough judgement to choose the one or two moderators that would help improve the forums every day, someone with great ideas, and generally loved by the community.

Nobody else should be able to approve anything without getting through me. This system is working fine with out Mods. It's like if the Senate approved something without consulting the President and House of Reps if a Mod approves something without me.

mcgamer wrote:
And I hate to break it to you Adam, there is a large chunk of the forums who agrees with me, and some of them are packing their bags. We are a community, a community that should help run the community together, no organizer, administrator, or master, should have more power because he was the FIRST fan. If some professional webdesigner came on and offered to rebuild the site and help on the forums, would you refuse him? Well if so, thats just being biased. You need to let the community have a say in things, we should elect people to moderate the games section for a month since its not that popular. We should be having fan banners on the weekends made by US the community. We should be able to access the fan site (with proper knowledge and trust required) and add some information!

I like to know when everything is happening. If "mods" rift things behind my back or if they ban spammers I'll have no idea what's going on. Plus Every time you say "we" or say that the people want a mod it usually comes around and points to you. You're making it seem that the people want you as a mod when I'd like to see some proof. I see you magnifiying invisible threats right now to make me make you a mod. I don't see any problems going on and I don't see a need for any change other than things that you've pointed out and no one else has.

mcgamer wrote:
Adam, the forum has been the same for TOO long, we need CHANGE or else things might begin to crumble under your feet.

Things are fine the way they are, I see no need for drastic changes.

mcgamer wrote:
I am MC Gamer, and I want CHANGE. And a lot of the community also wants CHANGE.

Name 5 people that said, "Hey, wee need some change with these forums. Things aren't very good."
Other than you.

mcgamer wrote:
Adam, a revolution is brewing, and we have support from more than you know.

Again with the magnifing. No one can tell me how to run these forums and there is nothing anyone can force me to do if I have control over everything. The only way anyone can make a threat is if I GIVE THEM POWER.

mcgamer wrote:
CHANGE is what I WANT.

fixed.

mcgamer wrote:

don't bring my political views into this. Either president will bring change into this Country because this country needs change and that's obvious. I don't see anyone complaining except you and your mod request. I don't need mods now because

The potential for problems far outweighs the possible benefits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:00 am 
Johnny Mushroom Guru

hmm... good points.... but yea. I am not supposed to mention names, but there is several people that erm... dont like you at all. I however, do like you.... (at times)

BUt yea. I might rebuttal later, but you made some good points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:03 am 
Site Admin

mcgamer wrote:
hmm... good points.... but yea. I am not supposed to mention names, but there is several people that erm... dont like you at all. I however, do like you.... (at times)

BUt yea. I might rebuttal later, but you made some good points.
good points from a good cause. and for the record there are some ppl (NO NAMES ALLOWED) that feel the same way about you. I like you and I like your points of view but your quest for power is getting old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:14 am 
Johnny Mushroom Guru

Ummm... anyone want to back me up? lol.

It's not only my quest for power. Its my quest for equality on the forum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:31 am 
Freelancer

I'm with MC, but I don't hate Adam and I agree with him on a few points. but let's just chill about this for a while. there is only truly one serious spammer at large and im not going to say any names. we don't want to start this too early or our forums will crumble from instability. it runs like this, and it's always been like this in the past with forums and ancient civilizations: what goes up must come down. let's try to hold the forums up as best we can right now, because once all the spammers really start coming in, that's when we'll truly need to fight back against them and probably the only time Adam will need help if any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:24 pm 
Freelancer

I just wanna make some skins. Give this place some color, y'know? I don't need any moderator privelages. Even if I were granted them, I'd more than likely never acknowledge it. I have better ways to deal with people who need banning. Mwahaha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:37 pm 
Freelancer

mcgamer wrote:

CHANGE

as i have stated b 4 we probably shouldnt get into that stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:27 pm 
Johnny Mushroom Guru

disappointedwiiowner wrote:
mcgamer wrote:

CHANGE

as i have stated b 4 we probably shouldnt get into that stuff

This was LONG ago DWO..... >.>

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]