The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Raven Tears
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:19 pm 
Role Player

I'm not sure if many of you have noticed, but I've tried this before and it ended in silence and failure. After looking back at it I usually shake my head and even facepalm at the errors. In fact, I had my friend do it for me. (The facepalm that is. Not the story.)
Spoiler:

Anyways, I've improved a lot both in skill and in storyline. I'll try to keep it PG rated with graphics. No cursing at all, so don't worry about that.

Chapter 1

Across the ocean, off the north coast of the continent of Elendoron. A castle looming over the sea perched on top of a island. A never ending storm hovering over the mighty fortress. The trees, although green, forever blow away from the castle. The trees bent from excessive weather. The windows, acting like eyes, stare in a forever saddened gaze. Some say that the storm is too harsh to take a raft to. However, some has managed to make it there and back. Those that do come back,however, come back with an almost cadaverous like coma. From that, most people are too afraid to even think about stepping foot and meet the insufferable gloom radiating from the castle. One man, a fisherman, in his mid thirties decided to march into the castle and prove to all that it's nothing more then a stormy castle. "I'll go up to the castle and I'll come back laughing all the way!" He said with enough courage and blind arrogance to make a weak librarian in their 80's move a mountain. Some cheered him on, others scoffed at him. The very next day he set forth on said adventure.

It took the fisherman a good 3 days to make it all the way. Little did he know, the storm was as the townsfolk had feared. It ripped his little fisherman's boat as if it was made of paper. The fisherman scowled at the boat and more so to the storm. After flinging a few curses and a fist, he swam to the island. As soon as he stepped foot he lost his footing from the rocky coast. Even if the storm didn't stop him, the jagged rocks would. It was completely immersed in the high tide created by the storm's angry rampage. As soon as he got out of the water and went up the beaten path he noticed something. His leg was in a burning pain. He looked to his leg to see that the jagged rocks had managed to make their impression on his leg. With a gash deep as a canyon he had no choice but to rip off some of his sleeve and tie it around the injury. "There!" He said with finality as he marched toward the Gothic like sanctum. Just ten yards away from the castle's entrance he noticed something in one of the windows. A figure. He didn't know what it was, but whatever it was might have been one of those that made it to the island prier. "Why didn't he leave?" He said to himself in wonder. Then something hit him. It felt like a ton of bricks. His gut wrenched at the thought. He didn't have a boat... he was stuck on this island. And so was the figure. So he scaled to the top to reason with the figure. He knew that with another person, they might be able to make some type of raft, and with enough luck, pass the rocky coasts on back home. He reached the door. It looked old and was a rotten as time can rot it. It was an old style door. It had a metal ring as the handle and it had metal strips running the top and bottom in a horizontal direction. He decided to push the door and impressive enough, it opened with a creaking sound of that of a moaning ghost without falling apart. He looked forward to see...
Nothing.
Dumbfounded, he looked around the room in search for the figure. He saw the walls lined with bookcases, a single round table that is oddly fresh looking, almost new. Behind the table is a leather chair that too looks fairly new. Through the glass he saw the rain hit against the window as if knocking to be let in. He also saw frequent lightning strikes. He looked around with a double take and still no sign of the figure. "Could he have jumped out the window?" He asked himself. He inspected the window and found nothing that would indicated that it was open. He tried to open it just in case...
Locked.
With a huff he folded his arms and tapped his foot weighing his possibilities. Then with a slam the door behind him shut. The fisherman snapped a look to what had shut the door so rudely. Before him was a raven...

The fisherman rubbed his eyes and looked again to make sure he wasn't seeing things. Yet the raven still stood. However, this wasn't a normal raven. This raven had human like features. Stood on two legs... or rather talons. Feathers for arms and fingers. Blue eyes with a beak. It had his arms folded and what looked like a smirk pasted on his face. "I didn't expect anyone to ever make it here." He said without moving an inch. The fisherman still hasn't gone over the shock of seeing something totally different than a human. "Oh wheres my manors?" The Raven continued. "My name is Zavon. Zavon the Raven." The fisherman broke the shock and then began asking questions. "You... how are you able to live here?" The fisherman asked. "Why not?" Countered Zavon. The fisherman then calculated another question to retort back. However, he found none feasible to use. "Alright, how did you get here." Asked the Fisherman. Zavon smirked and then shook his head. "How would you expect a raven to go anywhere?" Zavon spread his wings at full length. "I flew." He said putting his wings back down. The fisherman scoffed and then decided to press with another question. "How are you able to get food?" He asked wondering if he had been here for a long time. "I usually fly inland. In fact I just got back from doing just that." He said answering the question. The fisherman raises an eyebrow. "I could've sworn I saw you through that window." Challenged the Fisherman. Zavon then takes a long good look into the Fisherman's eyes. Then after what seemed like an hour, Zavon then breaks the silence. "That's impossible." Zavon said defensively. "I just saw you! I know you're lying!" The fisherman retorted. "Enough questions." Zavon said and with a huff as he exited the room. "Wait! how am I supposed to get off this island!?" He said calling after him. It was too late, Zavon had flown off to who knows where.

Zavon soars over the water. He has now put enough distance from the storm to actually enjoy the sea breeze. Despite his endeavors, flying has never ceased to be an enjoyable experience. The wind always flow through his feathers in a soothing way. He sometimes wonder why most humans haven't been given the pleasure of flight. The only drawback is having to prune your feathers almost after every flight. It's as much as an nuisance to prune them as it is to leave it as it is. The way that the feathers get out of proportion and makes an irritated prick is all too unbearable to let alone. Unlike other birds, he doesn't have to use his beaks all the time. Having feathery opposable thumbs do come in handy. Hard to imagine... but handy. (No pun intended.) After about an hour of flight he could see the edge of the continent Elendoron. To the side is a fairly new village named Zeneal. To the left... or the east depending on how you look at it on the map. Is a mountain. It holds a village of birds just like him. This is the only village that has birds like him in the whole continent. Considering the continent is vastly large means a lot in that perceptive. No one seems to know about the village either.

Zavon then swoops to a ledge overlooking the little city of Ligarthon, his home town. Before him was houses made of wooden material. There was about 20 in all with a huge fountain in the middle. Let it not fool you, it's actually a fancy birdbath for 50. The fountain has about 5 levels, each one growing smaller as it goes to the top of the fountain. Protruding from each ring is a small spike for anyone to perch onto and dry off with a steady shake. "Sure, flying can ruffle your feathers... not as much as after you dry off." He said out loud laughing to himself. Despite the fact that we can fly at any time, most of us walk to places. At one side is a learning house. Usually a select elder stays and teaches anyone that wishes to learn at any given time. Someone, no matter your age, would walk in and learn something by the teacher's choice or by your own choice. If it's help with anything else they are often directed to the mayor of the village. The mayor is a female, Sharzine. She often organizes workers to do some of the jobs. She hates to be told what to do though. She tends to be afraid to ask for help as well. I guess it evens out being so independent. In his peripheral vision he saw a bluebird in his teens hovering with his right wing and holding a fresh book in his left wing that was recently given by the teacher. Birds had good hearing, but he was out of ear shot to hear their conversation. Then the bluebird flew off and the teacher went back into the learning house. He would get closer... sadly he can't ever since what happened last time. After watching his town for about three days, Zavon shook his head and flew off toward Zeneal to take a look there.

He perched on top of a roof top that slanted in two directions shaping the house like a simple pentagon shape. He looked around and was surprised that the town has made some progress since he last visited. They had finally finished a house and one of the boat peers. This town was no bigger than Ligarthon but it had a more modern brick style. It had a huge arch at the entrance facing south. The roads were even a nice slap of stone. There were a lot of activity as well. He saw a statue of a guy in the middle of town that held a staff and had a beard that traveled to his knee. The statue had a book in his right hand as well. The words "Magician" came to mind but didn't really know why they would have a statue of a magician just standing there. It was also sitting in the middle of a large circle of space. Lining the edges were some shops selling the usually armor, fish, cloths, etc. He then hears a conversation from a couple near one of the shops that was a bakery. "He hasn't come back?" For a moment Zavon wondered if they were talking about the fisherman. "No... It's been six days." Six days? it only took him an hour or two to fly here. It must take a while by boat. "Nuezar's storm must have cause the same fate as the others. We told him it was a bad idea to sail there!" That confirmed it, it was the fisherman. It's not my place, but I might as well take the fisherman back. Maybe he would gossip about me and I'll get a chance to live somewhere other than a stormy castle. He had thought to himself. Satisfied he decided to venture back to the castle and talk with the fisherman.

The fly back had been uneventful. The wind had died down and there had been no extra gust. The storm had even stopped raining and blowing wind. The trees still in a bent position as if the winder were still blowing. It all seemed like a painting rather than an actual island. "What is going on?" he said to himself in wonder. He had then made it to the castle and went up the flight of steps. He opens the door expecting to see the fisherman...
No one.
He laughs to himself thinking he went somewhere else after he had left. He then rounded the table and pushed the chair aside. He then opens the window for a bit of fresh air taking advantage of the calm in the never-ending storm. Just then his senses spiked up. Usually this happens when something feels uneasy as if your gut is saying you are in danger. As if on cue, the fisherman from before hops onto the table and dives for the raven. Already alerted by his sense, of which he has learned to listen to, he sidestepped as the fisherman just barely hits the window. Teetering on the bottom of the window he tries to pull himself up by due to his ravenous hunger he can't seem to get the strength to do so. Zavon wondered to himself if he should pull him out or not considering he wants to bite his head off out of blind hunger. "Help me! Don't just stand there! pull me in!" He said scowling at his luck. Zavon laughed silently and shook his head. He then assisted the fisherman. "It's too early for you to mess up like that" Zavon said hoping saving his life will not only deter him from trying to attack him again, but encourage being a hero more so. "Ya whatever." He said with a scoff. Zavon since a lot of arrogance and took not being on the menu just fine. He wouldn't even be a match anyways, even if he was at full strength. The birds from his city have a common ability. We can sharpen our feathers to that of a blade and doubles as a tough shield. Which is why we didn't have any shops that related to armor and weapons. One quick chop and brick won't even stand a chance. Just in case he decided to pull one over, I will have to be on my guard. He thought to himself.

Zavon folded his arms and sighed. "If you excuse me, I'll be going to check something. No offense, but I don't trust you enough to do something like that again." He said leaning a bit forward sizing him up, waiting for a response. "Hey! I haven't eaten in days! Cut a guy some slack!" He said trying to do some damage control. "You're a fisherman, you should have been able to catch something. Especially with the calm in the storm." Zavon said challenging his logic. The fisherman winced. "How did you know? Whatever, I didn't have a fishing pole and I was never taught how to make one." He said trying to make an excuse for his own negligence. The raven shook his head and then left to one of the book cases and pushed it away to reveal a secret entrance. "I never was getting food that time, I was just in here." He said explaining why He saw him last time and came out of no where. The fisherman laughed. "I guess I wasn't going crazy. For a minute I thought you knew how to teleport." He said finishing his laugh. Zavon knew why he had lied. He had some private things at his disposal. "Wait here, I have to do something." He said finishing the conversation. The fisherman just watched him leave him there in the middle of a not-so-stormy castle. The fisherman tapped his foot impatiently wondering when he would come out. Minutes? Hours? Maybe all day? The more his belly growled, the more he willed him to come out. Next thing he knew he heard voiced. One didn't seem so welcoming. Seeing a raven the size of a human alone is weird enough, no need to get involved with such trivial mess. Especially if it could be dangerous. Sure he agreed to jump into a boat and sail here. However, he never expected this idiotic mess.

After what seemed like hours. Zavon came out with a grim expression. He stared at the floor for a good couple of minutes. The fisherman decided to break the silence. "Hey, feathers!"
"Zavon"
"Whatever, Listen, I've been here hungry for quite a while. So, you mind giving me some grub?" He said folding his arms. Zavon gave the fisherman a grave stare. He thought twice about taking him back. Despite everything he didn't seem too comfortable with a port city full of arrogance. He didn't know what to do... especially with...
The fisherman felt uneasiness with the raven. "Fine... then maybe you can take me back to my village?" He asked with a hint of desperation. Unlike what the fisherman expected, Zavon stormed past him and walked out. "Hey, hey, hey! get your feather butt back here! I need some help!" He said almost ready to plead. Zavon kept going down the flight of stairs. The fisherman realized that he is leaving and that this might be his only chance of surviving. So he skipped a few steps as he went down the flight of stairs. As he got to the bottom he was out of breath out of being weak from hunger. Even though he had adrenalin running through his veins, he still had trouble. He came up to Zavon who was a fraction of a second from lifting off. Zavon turned sharply glaring deep into the fisherman's eyes. "Do you really thing anyone would help you when you have been so rude?"
Whoa! The fisherman felt as if he was hit in the gut as he stumbled back. He stared at the raven, whom was obviously peeved. "Sorry." He said blatantly trying to keep his composure. "I'm just..." He started. Then he clamped both his hands on the raven's shoulder. "Please! I beg of you! I can't just be left here to starve!" He said pleadingly. The raven folded his arms and grunted. He then turned to a still tree that still looked bent and sliced it with his left wing. The tree fell and then the raven chopped up the tree into logs. He took the logs and dropped them in front of the fisherman. "Here, make yourself some tools and use the wood to burn. The rocks near the edge are sharp enough to work like any other blade. I believe you experienced this at first hand... am I correct?" He said instructively. The fisherman looked at his leg and nodded reluctantly, not so proud about having an injury making him look even weaker. "The storm has finally stopped, you are able to make a fire and settle here just fine." He said finishing his instructions. "What about you?"
"I'll be fine."
"Where will you go?"
"Wherever I want."
"But..."
"Why are you so interested in my personal business!?" snapped Zavon. The fisherman looked down. Even though he was arrogant, he still felt the uneasiness that had happened from the hidden dungeon. It was almost as if the storm knew he was going to leave... and continued its rampage... in the poor raven's soul...

End of Chapter 1.

http://dragcave.net/account
ImageImageImageHigher level of Dragon raising!

Post subject: Re: Raven Tears
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:00 am 
Intermediate

Interesting...

At the mention of the Raven, I keep thinking back to Edgar Allen Poe.

Message me anytime!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:54 pm 
Role Player

It's nearly been two years. Wow... um, I came back here to retrieve this story to improve it and continue the story... Now that I'm in college going to be an English professor I've also made it a point to make some books. Raven Tears, has stuck with me thick and thin when it came to wanting to write or finish a story. I may or may not post any of it here, but yeah tetra I know what you mean. I often think of Edger when talking about Ravens myself. After world lit 2 I further took interest. It's almost useless to post here but hey... you never know. I certainly miss ALQ though... I have 2 more years of RP and Literary experience though. xD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:00 am 
Freelancer

I agree with you there about ALQ. I was so pumped when I got into it and I had a lot of energy for it, but when Chapter six came around, everything seemed to stop. Deep down, I wish it would come back, but I know that's an impossibility. Although I have found new ways to let out my creative energy, I still wish ALQ was active. The plans I had for it and my new writing experience would help me to vastly improve what I could do for it now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:10 pm 
Role Player

Most definitely! Although some of the spelling mistakes I do still make but you'll never know because Firefox tells you when something's misspelled. *Shrug.* I also remember some of the other old RPs. The dragon RPs and the side RPs that's in the same ALQ universe. Oh well, hopes to brighter stuff!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:20 pm 
Freelancer

I don't think those hopes will be here though, so we will need to elsewhere.