The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: PRIZES AVAILABLE - "Attack of the Giant Monsters!" - Sign Up
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:33 pm 
Intermediate

In attempt to bring back some RP activity on the forums, as well as spark some of your creative juices, I'm hosting an RPG here that offers you all a chance to win some prizes!

Basis:
For inexplicable reasons beyond the control or understanding of mankind, giant monsters have risen from the depths of the earth to reek havoc upon the local populous. Driven by their terrible rage, these monsters turn loose there boiling aggression upon the humans, rampaging through any city they fall upon. As terrible is their wrath, it compares not to when these tyrants meet one another. Chaos breaks out as the monsters fight it out, attempting to either drive out their foe or finish them off, once and for all. Neither man or beast is safe in this battle-frenzied RPG.

Player Goals and Rules:

As the Role Player, you take control of one of the giant monsters. While following the normal rules for all RPGs (in addition to this RPG's), you are to turn upon a world of endless cities and civilians, destroying all in your path. When faced with another Role Player, you are to fight each other off until one of you is driven out of the area (at no time, other then described later on, can you kill another player).

At the end of each week while the RPG progresses, posts made by all Role Players will be evaluated, based upon their overall writing skills and entertainment factor they bring to the RPG within their posts (by judges that will be unnamed). Based upon the grades found among the posts, one player will be eliminated (notified via PM) and one will be awarded with the opportunity to kill off the eliminated player (also notified via PM). The last remaining player will be crowned the winner and the RPG will end.

As to the content of your posts, use the best of your writing skills to bring in well written and entertaining posts. The use of plot isn't discouraged, but the plot shouldn't become a ruling factor in the RPG. In all regards, it should remain close to its simple basis. As for the use of human interaction in your posts (I'm sure you're all familiar with "King Kong" and "Godzilla"), that isn't discouraged either, but make sure it doesn't become a ruling factor either. Also, if a player (monster) is "out of action" (or has not brought themselves into the scene), it's encouraged they aren't brought in by another player, as that would be taking control of another player's character. However, you may use the player's character in your posts so long as they are present (Example: If two players enter a city to fight one another, you may write about both of them fighting, but don't bring in a third player who hasn't joined the fight by their own account). This RPG isn't intended to be always dark and evil. Comedy, in any form, is encouraged (again, look at the "Godzilla" movies. They had some hilarious parts in their too) so long, of course, as thing done become too silly. Everything in moderation.

Each player is encouraged to make at least one post per week so judging can be done. Not making a post will put you at risk to be eliminated. It matters not if the RPG goes slowly, or is short, but just so long as players can contribute quality content.

Player Descriptions:

All players are to be a giant monster of sorts. However, you character must follow these guidelines:
1) Your monster must be 5 stories tall. (No more, no less. There will be no god-modding your size at any point)
2) Your monster must be based off of a real animal (nothing human or supernatural related). However, additions of original details may be added (Example: Your character may be a giant cat with two three heads, or a giant crab with a flaming shell. It may not be anything like a giant woman, angel, or alien)
3) Your monster's abilities must be within reason. (Example: Your monster may breath fire, fly, or fire spines from its hands. It may not have powers like instant wound regeneration, turn into an indestructible state, or psychically cripple an opponent out of action for a time)

Prizes:

As I'm sure everyone wants to know. These are the prizes to the following players (as offered by me):
1) First place (last monster standing) will receive a full, computer coloured drawing of their winning monster.
2) Second place (last monster to fall) will receive a computer line-art drawing of their monster.
3) Third place (second last monster to fall) will receive a scanned sketch of their monster.

How to join:

To join this RPG, post bellow including the following information:
1) Monster Name.
2) Monster Appearance.
3) Monster Bio (may included details about the monster's life style, abilities, and such).

The more information you give about your monster/character, the better chance you will have of being accepted into the RPG. When this RPG begins, only 6 people will be accepted to participate, and all those chosen will be notified by PM of the RPG's beginning (as it would be unfair for you to be knocked-out for being unaware of the RPG starting).

Final Words:

Understand there is no intention to insult anyone for their writing skills when judging has been passed. As started in the beginning, this is only an attempt to bring in some life and entertainment back to the RPG Colosseum.

Advanced thanks to everyone that joins.
I hope you all have fun with the game.

Gavin MacLean

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

Report this post

Post subject: Re: PRIZES AVAILABLE - "Attack of the Giant Monsters!" - Sig
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:33 pm 
Freelancer

I'm not sure how well this will take off, as seeing some people can be really competitive towards anything. I also think people may like the option to "extend" the rpg after the contest part has ended, or be able to participate in another rpg thread that is not linked to this one after elimination (like a post elimination one). This seems like a great idea, and i'm surprised it has not been thought of, but the elimination part also may deter people from this (because of self-confidence), but what do I know about everyone else (no, seriously, I know next to nothing about most others).

I might sign up for this, but I want to think about it.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: PRIZES AVAILABLE - "Attack of the Giant Monsters!" - Sig
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:17 pm 
Intermediate

Aye and, as I noted, this isn't intended to become overly competitive. If it does, my mistake, but I think having this element may help drive some interest. But yeah, I'm not against the idea of continuing this RPG or having one outside the contest at any time after it begins. Heck, if that happened, I might join in myself, as I wont be joining this one, seeing I'm offering the prizes.

Glad you hold some interest though. I hope you and others end up joining.

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

Report this post