The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Limit size of a users signature? (Please read text first ^_^!)
Sounds plausible... Why not? I think it would be a good idea. 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
No, let users do signatures as big as they want, it wont ever bother anyway... 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: Signature Length Restriction - Suggestion
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:05 am 
Newcomer

Hey guys... I wonder if anyone remembers me x)
This probably isn't the right time/place to do so, but Id first like to congratulate the growth of this community and am very happy for the SMB Cast.

I'm pretty much used to forums...

And I've experienced the time, when people would complain about a Signature thats so big that it annoys people trying to scroll through the comments

Pretty much on most official, popular and big advanced Forums, they have a ruling on this matter.

There is a certain length or size limit to ones Signature.

Now, it might not be that the fans in this forum started a revolution on this case.
But surely, it would be much more comfortable for the readers of topics to not have to scroll through huge ass Pictures that are being seen multiple times

There are multiple solutions to this matter :

1. The user agrees to resize his Signature to a comfortable Size, so that it doesnt annoy people. Because seriously :
If theres a long discussion, and lets say one person takes part in that, he has a big Picture in his Sig thats always in the way, and you see it so many unnecessary times... thats not really convenient is it?

It really, destroys the purpose of a signature, if you have a Picture you want to share with everyone with a signature :
You maybe want them to laugh? And not want them to get mad over it... because theyve seen it too often

2. And this is a pretty strict solution, the user gets a warning if the sig isnt changed in a certain period of time. Then if the user doesnt change it, he gets banned.

3. With technical preferences, the Admin restricts the size by lines, of the signature.

How about it? Sound plausible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:16 am 
Fro-fro

this has been discussed before, as far as I know, adam has no intention on putting a limit, there aren't that many user with gigantic signatures, and usually the ones who do are new people who don't know any better and we forum goers will tell them to get a smaller one