The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92
 Post subject: Re: Forum Member Updates
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:04 pm 
Newcomer

Logged back in for the 1st time in years. Been watching all the new Richalverez content, finished high school, university, got a job, got engaged.

Still look forward to any new show the guys produce!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:39 pm 
Forum Gamer

I haven't been on here in years. I was a bit of an idiot when I was on before.

Alot has changed. I've got two kids and a third on the way. I'm currently in training for the Police Service of Northern Ireland and am working as a door man in one of the biggest clubs in the city (Not a glamorous job but it pays the bills).

I still watch the episodes from time to time (When I have time!) and still follow the channel quite often. Nostalgia brought me here and it's cool you guys are still about.

Wishing you all well in life, I might pop in again sometime!

Craig.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:47 am 
Tyro

Yet again another, "Hi! I haven't been here in years!" post... Noticing a trend.

I mostly hung out in the art and roleplay forums. Pleasure to see you all again. Maybe the forums will pick up again with newer material coming out, eh? Suppose we'll see. *tips hat*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:19 pm 
Role Player

Here's another "Back with a vengeance" post, lol. it's definitely been a while since I have been able to get myself back on here. So, to list things off since my departure because of lack of internet.

Got Promoted at work
My music is becoming a little more known
(This one will make the ones we used to chat with on a regular basis happy) I got married to Ashen. Yup, we are now husband and wife!

I bet you were expecting more, but I only listed the major key points. Missed you all. I hope for us to make a return.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:54 am 
Commentator

*dusts off account*

A lot has happened with me since the last time since I was here last. I moved to the city with my parents. I am also working towards getting into a Game Dev program.

Let's see if the StMW hype breathes new life into the forum...

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:32 am 
Commentator

My first post of 2015!

As you probably expected, I decided to revisit my favorite social site that's actually more fun than Facebook that i unfortunately have neglected for so long. Seriously, there are times I wish Facebook didn't exist, than I'd be here regularly up til probably 2013 instead of 2010 or 2011...i can't remember honestly.

But I digress. ANYWAYS, ME UPDATE:

I decided to revisit my favorite social site from the past because of the announcement of Stupid Mario World! But I will be honest, I never saw The Plumber Knight Returns yet. The reason was after Richie made those That Stupid Video Game Show videos, I was slowly losing interest in the channel itself, But not Richie, Chris, Matt, etc. I kept Richalvarez and Project Richard in my subscriptions as well as RichVlog (others like their own channels i unsubbed cause they were inactive or lost total interest.) Some of Richie's series were continuing to be either unfinished or short. WikiRichie and his let's plays for example I was hoping would last a decent amount of time. I can understand WikiRichies requiring a lot of editing, which must be exhausting over Youtube News' not needing much script, time, or edits. I love Youtube News, but i was just hoping for perhaps a WikiRichie every three weeks or so. They were hilarious. As for the Let's Plays, I was hoping Richie or Chris would play a game to its end. I became a die hard fan of Game Grumps over the years, and as much as they make jokes or mess up every now and then, they played a decent amount of their games to the end. Basically, I was just losing the exciting Richalvarez spark. When the Plumber Knight Returns was released, I thought it was a seperate series and Not at all related to Stupid Mario Brothers. Now i'm hearing it is, so now I will watch it.

As for my life, I'm now 24. I started when I was 17, so I'm amazed how much time went by. My social life is still in awkward or confusing moments. By that I mean I'm not in the state of most 24 year olds that I tend to see. I'm not married, I have no children (none for me til 30s is the plan), I have a job but it's just a waiter at a Mexican restaurant, and my routine of watching anime or playing videogames has dropped drastically, meaning I have a large backlog of both and can't often find time or even motivation. I've gained new interests in my time, such as Game Grumps, Jontron, Ninja special hug Party, Persona, Five Nights at Freddy's, Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, One Piece, and more.

But yeah, It's good to write here, even if it's probably once a year. I hope Richie makes Stupid Mario Maker XDDDDD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:39 pm 
Freelancer

Since everyone else seems to be doing this, I might as well too.

A few things have changed for me since this forum's 'golden years'; i'm in college, and am about to get a Computer Programming/Analyst degree hopefully by the end of this semester, i've had multiple jobs, and that's about it. I'm still at home, not married, just like the potato chip above me. XD My general interests haven't had much of a shift, though i've gotten introduced to new game series', and love most of the ones I got into. I've recently come into health complications involving my brain having partial seizures and my thyroid acting weird, though I am working as we speak to get those resolved, so all should be good.

Other than that, I kept up with Plumber Knight Returns, and while it was a nice change, I hope their future stuff will go back to why I liked them so much in the beginning. I would like to see this forum become at least semi-active again, just so I can have another place to look forward to seeing again, as most of us once did.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:13 am 
Site Admin

Welcome back to all you old faces! I'm not going to lie and say I've been here the entire time; when the forums are dormant, I'm dormant on the forums. Still, I'll likely be updating pages for new Plumber Knight and Stupid Mario World.

As for a personal update, I graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and am now making bank 40 hours a week. The work's great for keeping my creative juices flowing with writing (Doing NaNoWriMo this year), podcasting (tinyurl.com/GenreBot), and Poketubing (the Algamist on YouTube). So yeah, big things.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:11 pm 
Storyteller

Cap wrote:
I've gotten an associate's degree from a community college, and will relatively soon be applying for a bachelor's in Game Design! Ultimately my goal is to begin my own game house with a team of visionaries at my side.

I've also begun work on a web comic with my best friend, and I'm really looking forward to it!

A year and a half later, I'm more than halfway finished my Bachelor's, have taken up learning Japanese for business reasons and also for fun, I've been promoted to a position in my place of work where I'm full time with benefits and room to grow, and in pre-production for my first game, which is about grief and how to deal with it told in the style of a Metroidvania. Oh, and following suit from Netha and PPC, I'm almost read to propose to my partner of four years, but don't plan on having kids for a while.

In short, I've been busy!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:48 am 
Forum Gamer

Well... A lot has changed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:06 am 
Role Player

Greetings everybody! I truly miss the good ol' days of us all having a blast just chatting with each other. All the Role playing and skyping are the main things I miss.

Well for my update: *clears throat and taps microphone to hear loud feedback*
Ashen and I recently celebrated our One year Wedding Anniversary. It was held on August 2nd, 2016. I now have a new YouTube account with Ashen called "Rated R for Random". I am currently writing some new songs and will soon be working with my best friend on some new music. I hope to have some music of my own up on YouTube by the end of the year.

I miss you all and hope to chat with some of ya, again!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:46 pm 
Veteran

Yes, it is true that Snert and I have been making new vids on YouTube-mostly unboxing videos. I now mostly go as the magical Whimscal Emmycorn of Doom. I am recently pursing my associates degree in fine arts. We both miss our old group on here. But, honestly it feels like creating zombies would be easier then bringing life back to the forums. Snert and I have been married over a year now if you can believe it. For those who don't know, our relationship started on this site. A lot of good things have happened in the chatroom we use to hang in-like Lady's Quest. Miss you guys. Miss the old days.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:29 pm 
Storyteller

Cap wrote:
Cap wrote:
I've gotten an associate's degree from a community college, and will relatively soon be applying for a bachelor's in Game Design! Ultimately my goal is to begin my own game house with a team of visionaries at my side.

I've also begun work on a web comic with my best friend, and I'm really looking forward to it!

A year and a half later, I'm more than halfway finished my Bachelor's, have taken up learning Japanese for business reasons and also for fun, I've been promoted to a position in my place of work where I'm full time with benefits and room to grow, and in pre-production for my first game, which is about grief and how to deal with it told in the style of a Metroidvania. Oh, and following suit from Netha and PPC, I'm almost read to propose to my partner of four years, but don't plan on having kids for a while.

In short, I've been busy!

Ahoy all! I'm still me!

I've quit that job i mentioned in my last post and now work in a much less stress, much more structured place with a nice pay. I'll be getting my Bachelor's in Game Design in less than ten months, and i believe i have found that team of visionaries i once mentioned. Currently we are deciding on our first project to hopefully be finished before graduation.
I proposed to my love of nearly five years back in august, with the wedding set for May. That Grief game has been set aside for now until i can give it the focus it needs.

I'm still writing! It's just in game form now instead of paper. I am playing a D&D campaign now, and in fact am using a character inspired by ALQ (Fravir's grandson, Nero). That world is still alive and well in me.

All being said, life is looking good!

Au Revoir!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:44 pm 
Freelancer

NethaEmerald wrote:
Since everyone else seems to be doing this, I might as well too.

A few things have changed for me since this forum's 'golden years'; i'm in college, and am about to get a Computer Programming/Analyst degree hopefully by the end of this semester, i've had multiple jobs, and that's about it. I'm still at home, not married, just like the potato chip above me. XD My general interests haven't had much of a shift, though i've gotten introduced to new game series', and love most of the ones I got into. I've recently come into health complications involving my brain having partial seizures and my thyroid acting weird, though I am working as we speak to get those resolved, so all should be good.

Other than that, I kept up with Plumber Knight Returns, and while it was a nice change, I hope their future stuff will go back to why I liked them so much in the beginning. I would like to see this forum become at least semi-active again, just so I can have another place to look forward to seeing again, as most of us once did.

Well, not much has changed here. I've graduated with my degree, though still haven't gotten a job in that field, but i'm still looking. I've also found some other, fun communities to join, like something called Reddit Emblem, which is a blast for me; it's Fire Emblem except everyone controls their own character on the map and do roleplay stuff too. Because of that, i'm also in a Pokemon Tabletop, which is a lot of fun to be in.

Turns out it wasn't Partial Seizures but a side effect of my thyroid underproducing. I'm on medication now to get that corrected and back to normal levels.

I'm still in my in-person tabletop group, even though I haven't been able to play the last few weeks due to bed bug problems and me not wanting to deal with them again after I did just a year ago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92