The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:21 pm 
Commentator

WhiteMage79 wrote:
yoshifan07 wrote:
purple potato chip wrote:
Richie based the episode off of something called "Kung-Fu" or some weird Kung-Fu movie mixed with another movie that was all about voice overs. Even without the voice-overs, i think Tim would sound a bit wierd going through the grocery store saying the lines Richie made (no effense Chris).

it was a Kung Pow reference this was in the description box: This was intentional. We did it like this on purpose. Matt did not really sabotage the video. It was inspired by "Kung Pow" and "What's up tiger lily". I am glad that most of you like it, but it does upset me that a few of you didn't like it. Remember that this series is funny First and has plot Second. Also if you were wondering, the man in Green is "Johnny Cyclops", a character we created ourselves, so don't ask what game he is from because he is not from a game. And no I am not remaking this episode because this is how it was suposed to be.

You keep saying "We" are you one of the cast members or something?

He was directly quoting Richie from the description of the video. It took me a second to figure it out as well due to the lack of quotation marks...

^Thanks ML!^

Post subject: Re: A question for Matt about ep 27
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:52 pm 
Commentator

Ah I didnt see that THANKS Aisling!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:21 am 
Middling

Location: Somewhere... known as.... *Before I say ask yourself do you really even care? No? Didn't think so.*
it says in the description box so i assume it was a quote

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:21 am 
Novice

yoshifan07 wrote:
purple potato chip wrote:
Richie based the episode off of something called "Kung-Fu" or some weird Kung-Fu movie mixed with another movie that was all about voice overs. Even without the voice-overs, i think Tim would sound a bit wierd going through the grocery store saying the lines Richie made (no effense Chris).

it was a Kung Pow reference this was in the description box: This was intentional. We did it like this on purpose. Matt did not really sabotage the video. It was inspired by "Kung Pow" and "What's up tiger lily". I am glad that most of you like it, but it does upset me that a few of you didn't like it. Remember that this series is funny First and has plot Second. Also if you were wondering, the man in Green is "Johnny Cyclops", a character we created ourselves, so don't ask what game he is from because he is not from a game. And no I am not remaking this episode because this is how it was suposed to be.

sorry i was quoting Richard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:42 pm 
Landsman

StupidMarioFanChar wrote:
Oh, so the music was to loud... That is the reason of the voice over... I liked it, exept the voice for Ness... He sounded... kinda stupid... and he is a serious character... But besides that, I liked it!

U kidding? Ness's voice was hilarious. The random "wwwWWOOOWwwweee" at the end of every line might be the best part of that episode.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:09 am 
Commentator

LiquidFireProduction wrote:
Actually, Richie said that in the grocery store, the music was 2 loud. They couldn't hear the voices of kent (Link/Johnny Cyclops) and Tim (Ness). And so they came up with the voice dubbing solution!

And there is also another reason for it: The fact that Chris was playing Johnny Cyclops in the scenes that featured the three characters. Richie's dubbing hid the fact that Johnny Cyclop had a different voice in those scenes.

EDIT: (years later. LOL!) Although, I have to say, the only thing the voice over ruins is seeing Kent Melville in a proper portrayal of Johnny Cyclops.