The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Super Smash Bros 4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:16 pm 
Freelancer

At E3 2013, Nintendo has shown a few video for the brand new Super Smash Bros for both the 3DS and Wii U, due to come out next year. I love the Smash bros series because they take characters from many different video game series from Nintendo, then started third party characters from other companies with Snake and Sonic. In the video, they showed both version of the game with veteran returns with Mario, DK, Bowser, Kirby, Link, Fox, Samus, Pikachu, and Pit. They also introduced a new character in the same video, Villager from Animal Crossing. After that video, they played another video saying new challenger approaching, and I swear, anyone who knows this character (like me) flipped out. Capcom's very own blue bomber, Megaman, is a new third party character to join the Smash bros series. I am so happy about this after the hate on Capcom for how they have been treating him these last few years. Finally, after the announcement was over, during the convention, a third new character was introduced, the Wii Fit girl from Wii Fit. And the reveals have only started. So, what do you all think and what characters do you want to return or first time entry to this new series?

Post subject: Re: Super Smash Bros 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:44 am 
Freelancer

I'm very excited for this new installment to the series! I love the other three games, and how Brawl was able to get third-party characters. Sonic and Snake were great choices, but could be argued as overpowered and hard to control sometimes. They were great to play as and I hope they are still included. If not, hopefully the new characters make up for it.

I like how this is going to between both the 3DS and the WiiU.

As for the characters they've mentioned, Villager was an odd choice, but I can't help but be excited to play this psychopathic citizen. You should see the internet memes of him, they're all over the place.
I still have not played the Megaman games, but for some reason I buzzed with excitement when Megaman was introduced. He's one of the most requested characters from fans to be in a Smash Bros. game, and they finally got him in! I'm so happy for that.
As for the Wii Fit Trainer, when I first found out, I was like; "....... what?" I told my friends after school and they too were like; "....... what?" But one thing's for sure is that the series needs more female characters since the only ones are Peach, Zelda, Samus, the female Ice Climber (but technically you're controlling the male character), and if you consider Jigglypuff as a female pokémon.

In terms of other characters I can think of, I hope they have Ghirahim from Skyward Sword. As for more female characters, the only one I can think of would be Dixie Kong. I know some people would say Rosalina, but I don't think it's necessary to have her as a playable character. In terms of third-party games, they got Megaman, so that's one big wish come true for fans. The only other character I could think of would be Rayman, due to Rayman Legends because it used to be a WiiU exclusive. I'm so excited for that game, and the gameplay alone, you can see him as a Smash Bros. character easily. There's not much I can think of, but I totally facepalm to those stupid fans that request characters that were never associated with Nintendo, like Nathan Drake or movie characters that have nothing to do with video games. I know some fans may think this would be awesome, but it would be so stupid if they had Wreck-It Ralph as a character. There are fans who request this kind of crap, not realizing it's a Nintendo game. But in the end, let's hope we get a good roster.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:21 pm 
Freelancer

Wow. I was expecting more people would jump on this subject. Is it me, or is the forums becoming more of a ghost town?

Anyway, I see why people say Wreck-It-Ralph because they put a lot of video game reference in the movie dealing with Mario and had Sonic a part of it. Also, he has only been made on Nintendo consoles and he is on the Wii-U version of Sonic and Sega Allstar racing transformed.

Now for Rayman, if they do put him in, make him like the original series. Ever since the Rabbids thing, to me, he has fallen way out of character. It is like what happened to Crash Bandicoot, made him retarded looking. He never had that goofy grin and tried to us the copter hair to look up the fairy's dress. And yes I am referring to the first Rayman legends trailer from last year. In the originals, he was more serious looking and acted like he had some sense to him. I guess I am just old fashion on certain characters like Crash, Rayman, and Spyro. Don't get me started on Spyro.

Finally, it would be fine for Nathan Drake, if the company of the series had somekind of connection with Nintendo. The main reason Megaman is in this is because Nintendo is where the Megaman franchise started. On the Wii shop, you can find all six of the original Megaman games made for the NES along with X and X2 (as far as I know). Nintendo had Megaman 1-6 on NES, 1-5 Gamboy versions, 7 and X1-X3 on the SNES, all Battle Network on GBA and a GameCube game, all three Starforce on DS, all Megaman Zero on GBA, and both ZX series on DS. Yeah, he deserves the spot in Smash Bros.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:45 am 
Freelancer

The forums has been a ghost town for over a year now, ever since Stupid Mario Brothers ended. But it lost its activity around the time Operation Blind Storm was release.

I would argue one thing for Rayman, that the Rabbids did not appear in Rayman Origins, (and hopefully not in Legends.) But if you think about it, Rayman has been more serious for the Legends game in the trailers, but he was still weird and silly in the originals as well. It's called being yourself, and not feeling embarrassed about it. Sonic is like that with his sarcasm and cheesy lines, and I argue that that creates a part of his personality that many fans don't realize. But of course there's also development, which does play a major part in anyone's lives and you do see that with the characters in the Sonic series, giving them more character than ever, making Tails and Amy dependable, and not always depending on Sonic. But it makes sense for Rayman to be immature in Rayman Origins, because that was around the time of his birth, and a child has to develop their knowledge of basics and morality as they grow up, to be more serious and make the right choices. So if anything, I think the goofiness and his perverted attempt to look under Betilla's dress does make sense, because if you've ever been around kids, you know that well they are innocent, they are immature. And we were all like that when we were kids.

I just hope this turns out to be an awesome game! I still need to get a WiiU (money issue), but this will be one of my hyped games for the WiiU, even though it doesn't come out until 2014.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:28 pm 
Freelancer

I have actually watched the Rayman Origins playthrough and the story of it didn't really seems like it was based on Rayman's start of his heroism, but more how they were asleep at the beginning. I honestly can't wait for Rayman Legends.

Now as for characters to return, I would like to see about everyone of them from the whole series. Now I read on my GameFly app that Mr. Sakuri said that they might not get every character that everybody wants in. But I can't wait till it comes out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:07 pm 
Freelancer

With the latest Nintendo Direct on it, I can say i'm very interested in what will come.

While I do like most of what they did, there are a few things I disagree with.

1) The change to Zero Suit Samus. She was fine the way she was; why do they need to add something to her? I understand for the sake of recovery, but you don't need to add that and potentially change her entire moveset up.

2) Olimar... I understand the recovery, again, but you're reducing how much he has to work with. Why not have used the new recovery, but kept the same 6-pikmin limit at least?

Other than that, everything looks fine to me, though the Pokeball/Masterball will create more chaos when a Masterball drops, I feel.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:59 pm 
Middling

I'm excited don't have a wiiu but have 3ds luckily can't wait got excited as soon as I saw trailer and heard rumors mega man wooo finally

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:01 pm 
Storyteller

I'm really excited to use all the newcomers! Especially Mega Man and Greninja! I'll probably try out Little Mac too, because i have a feeling he's going to be a top contender in the final game

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:44 am 
Commentator

And now Palutena and Pac Man are joining the roster!

And still no word about Lucas, Captain Falcon or Ness. They are showing newcomers without confirming oldies; two of which have been in the roster from the beginning. Hopefully this means they are totally revamping their move-sets.

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:41 pm 
Commentator

PSST. If you didn't hear.

10 am EST/7 am PST.

SmashBros.com

New 3 minute reveal video.

Spoiler:
Good chance Xenoblade fans may be happy tomorrow.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:28 am 
Commentator

CONFIRMED! LUCINA, ROBIN (MALE + FEMALE), AND CAPTAIN FALCON!

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:06 am 
Commentator

Robin might be my new main. I was hoping for Reyn Time though...

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:42 am 
Commentator

Meta Knight Returns!