The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: The Plumber Knight Returns - Episode 6
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:51 pm 
Creator

TPKR Episode 6 is now Live!

Feedback, reviews, critiques and your general thoughts are all welcome! Enjoy!

The Plumber Knight Returns - Episode 6:
http://youtu.be/3fuYlZ7Qa2g

PS: Turns out YouTube glitched up last week, so the playback quality for Epsidoe 5 was stuck at 360p. We decided to just re-upload it, so if you'd like to re-watch Episode 5 in full 1080p HD, here's the link for that as well.

The Plumber Knight Returns - Episode 5 HD:
http://youtu.be/0P2rLGiOZ0k

And as always, thank you very much for watching our videos! =)

Post subject: Re: The Plumber Knight Returns - Episode 6
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:31 pm 
Newcomer

Alright here are my thoughts: THIS EPISODE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeckle legitimately creeped me out and I think Ed Gyles is one of THEE best actors in the RMA crew. The episode SEEMED much shorter than the others for some reason but it really wasn't. It was just going by fast because I was so into it! After the cliffhanger I was like "DARN I wanna see that fight!!!!" once again, amazing work. I will see you next week! XD

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:40 pm 
Novice

Yeah, I agree the episode did seem to go by real quick! I'm ready for their fight next episode! Also, Matt's mixed message from the teleprompter threw me in for a loop, until he pointed out what happened. Can't believe I nearly fell for that. Overall, good episode, and Ed freaks me out with how big he is! I love Mario's "oh crap" look when he stands fully upright. Ready for Episode 7! :)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:23 pm 
Freelancer

A great ep as usual. From the fast pace to the story in general.

I'm so glad Gibbs made it out alive, if barely anyway. Damn Matt had me going for that second before he stated that the teleprompter was messing up.

Also a mention to another place called Rapid City and its vigilante eh? "Merely an insightful look into another city" ;)

That cliffhanger though, can't wait to see what this fight has in store for us.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:57 pm 
Commentator

First, eff you for that fake out. Second, I do enjoy Jekyll a bit more now; as I see him relishing in evil. But I do wish you got a female to play the part. Have a Wicked Willow/Shego thing going on...I like evil ladies.

But I do have to wonder of this vigilante in Rapid City...could it be a character we know?

And it seems I may just get the punt to the feels I've been expecting...

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:29 pm 
Commentator

Quick Review again:

- I like that John didn't go down the cliche route of either quitting or not wanting anything to do with Mario. Very good choice, and the injuries add to further character development/suspense of what might happen next. The less predictability the better.

- I'm glad that scene with Ferrah was put in. Its understandable why she hasn't been around as much as other characters in the past few episodes, but giving an indication that she wants to do more, along with everything else said, helps make her character much more interesting.

- Jekyll being immune to Mario's Fireballs was both a nice touch (considering every minion so far has been easily injured/killed by the fireballs) and pretty interesting. Even in the SMB series, pretty much everyone could get hurt by fireballs. I'm very interested to find out the reasons why.

- 2nd Vigilante... new foe for Mario? Returning hero like Wario or someone else? Very, very curious to see who this is.

Another great episode. The work you guys are putting into this series is paying off. Nicely done!

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:48 pm 
Creator

@The Hiddenone

I think when you said "Ferrah" you Meant Denise. "Ferrah Wilson" is the female news reporter played by Christina Folsom.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:13 pm 
Commentator

Whoops! I did! My apologies!

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:58 pm 
Newcomer

Man, this was probably my favorite episode yet. Jeckle has now officially become my favorite character. I sure hope he won't be killed off in the next episode. I'll just move right on to the things I liked, since there's plenty to list.

I had to watch the torture scene between Jackle and the commissioner twice because I found it so good. We certainly had nothing like that in SMB. The chat between Mario and Denise was a bit short, but the idea was clear and Mario was much more agreeable in this episode. Can't lie, the song that plays when Mario talks with the commissioner is great. As for the vigilante that was mentioned, I certainly think this is a plot point for the next season. If so, I'm glad you introduced this soon, rather than waiting until the end of the season to shoehorn it in. Of course, I could be totally wrong about all this, but its fun to speculate.

There was little to nothing that bothered me in this episode. If I had to nit pick, I'd like to address once more that when a character is injured, you should try to apply some fake blood, bruises, or scars. This could make us feel much more sorry for Gibbs and truly believe he is in danger. Also, I don't mean to be Mr. No-nonsense, but Matt's joke about Gibbs being dead came off as a last ditch effort for comedy. If you wanna put in some jokes to lighten the mood, that's fine. But it'd be more realistic if the lines were delivered by a regular character rather than a professional news man.

I've already said it like 5 times now, but I'll say it again, this is my favorite episode yet. This one easily earns a 9 out of 10, keep it up guys.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:52 am 
Creator

@walrusman

Thank you for the positive review. As far as "comissioner gibbs is dead". This was again something taken directly from "the Dark Knight Returns" when a mutant and comissioner Gordon get in a scuffle and the next scene the news reports he is dead... And then immediatly says there was a teleprompter issue. I assure you that was a planned moment, and not a last ditch comedy effort. It's meaning is the same as it was in TDKR, to throw you for a loop. I highly suggest you watch the animated film of TDKR parts 1 and 2. The references in our show will become clear to you and probably increase your enjoyment of it.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:20 am 
Freelancer

Richalvarez wrote:
@walrusman

Thank you for the positive review. As far as "comissioner gibbs is dead". This was again something taken directly from "the Dark Knight Returns" when a mutant and comissioner Gordon get in a scuffle and the next scene the news reports he is dead... And then immediatly says there was a teleprompter issue. I assure you that was a planned moment, and not a last ditch comedy effort. It's meaning is the same as it was in TDKR, to throw you for a loop. I highly suggest you watch the animated film of TDKR parts 1 and 2. The references in our show will become clear to you and probably increase your enjoyment of it.

Plus the Dark Knight Returns is a pretty fantastic story in general. The two animated films were really great too.

They're really worth it in general.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image