The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (A.k.a Smash Bros Sony)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:46 pm 
Commentator

So, this game apparently exists. I'm sure some of you have heard/seen video about it.

So what do we think of it? Smash Brothers has been a big part of our community if I remember correctly. Does the game seem like a proper edition of what Smash Brothers for Sony should be? Or do you feel they could improve some features/try to add something original to the formula?

Personally, I'd like to wait and see more at E3. But I will admit that this game looks a lot more polished and interesting than I originally thought.

Also, what characters/series would you like to see? As of right now the following characters confirmed are: (Copy and Paste powers go!)

Confirmed Characters are: Kratos (God of War), Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal), Sly Cooper, Mael Radec (Killzone), Fat Princess, and PaRappa the Rapper. Other series from Playstation brand that have stages are Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Dexter, and LittleBigPlanet.

You should also be aware that 3rd party characters will be coming.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

Post subject: Re: Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (A.k.a Smash Bros So
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:33 pm 
Freelancer

It's an interesting idea. I'm surprised Sony didn't do this sooner.

I'm more surprised they haven't put characters from Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Dexter, and LittleBigPlanet in there yet.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:07 pm 
Commentator

JRPictures wrote:
I'm more surprised they haven't put characters from Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Dexter, and LittleBigPlanet in there yet.

They hae stages in the game, I'm sure those characters are in there. They're just holding off on their announcement for now.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:52 am 
Freelancer

Sony is trying to catch up to Nintendo which means they really inspire them.

I still have yet to get a Play Station 3 to play games I've never played like Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Jax and Dexter, and Metal Gear Solid.

This definitely would seem like a fun game and definitely has an inspiration of Smash Bros.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:09 am 
Newcomer

Im glad sonys finally coming out with what seems to be a good game lol. I bought a ps3 and the only thing i use it for is netflix lol, but if its atleast half as good as smash bros then i cant wait aha :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:10 pm 
Veteran

I love Sony and Nintendo games, so either way I'd be happy. They should include Raz from Psychonauts. I would probably play as Sly Cooper or Ratchet and Clank all the time. I'm sure people would use Kratos all the time because he is a tool like Ryu in Street Fighter.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:39 pm 
Lieutenant

Inb4 Kingdom Hearts characters.

I hope they add Spike from Ape Escape. It would really make my day. ;3;

The game looks alright so far. Hopefully the game will come out decently.

For those of you who don't know, Cartoon Network made their own smash bros. Super Punch Time Explosion XL, I believe. Jigglypuff's got Captain Planet, man! I hear it's awful though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:50 am 
Freelancer

I got the game and I am loving it, if Kratos wasn't in it. I hate Kratos. He is too overpowering. His attacks have too much range and AP build up. I have heard most of the characters, or played as them before this game. I have played Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Spike, Sir Daniel, Nathan Drake, Nariko, (fought against on the Xbox) Big Daddy, and the guy from Tekken (I have a hard time remembering how to spell his name). I have heard of Sly, Fat Princess, Raiden, Kratos, Sackboy, Parappa the Rapper, and Dante. I have never heard of the other five. I have completed the story once with all but four of these characters. I have also heard that they are going to add two more in a DLC, one of them I just recently have played is the new hero Kat. Can't wait for the add on.