The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 75
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 am 
Newcomer

I loved Ep. 75 and what it had to offer. It was magnificent. The battles were kick@$$. Speaking of the battles...
1. The short fight between Merlin and Nox Decious in the flashbacks - Although it wasn't really a fight, this (along with the other flashbacks) was one of my favorite scenes. Although I'm a bit confused on why the Nether Saber was yellow and not green as it was in King Arthur.
2. Pirates Vs. Ninjas - What can I say? It's Pirates Vs. Ninjas! You can't ask for anything more!
3. Wario Vs. Nox Decious - I didn't see this coming in the long run at all. I was a bit disappointed that Wario was taken out a bit easily, then again, he always fared better alone.
4. The Darkness Vs. Nox Decious - OH. MY. GOD. This was the fight I've been DYING for since Act 2, Part 3 of the Movie. THIS. FIGHT. WAS. AWESOME. I will admit though, I was disappointed that Darkness died. I knew he would, but I was just hoping he wouldn't.
5. Luigi Vs. Bowser - I didn't really care for this fight in particular. It simply didn't feel as big as the other ones.
6. The so-called "confrontation" between Merlin and Gannondorf - This, by far, was the most disappointing aspect (in my opinion) about this grand finale. I knew Merlin would die as soon as I saw Ganon, but I expected him to put up at least a BIT of a fight. It was a missed oppurtunity of what could've been a great confrontation.
7. Mario (with the technical help of Merlin, The Darkness and Link) vs Gannondorf - I LOVED THIS FIGHT. It was shockingly awesome beyond the meaning. It was... I can't say anything.
All-in-all, this was a great finale. It had its flaws and disappointments, but the good outweighs the bad by miles. RMA Studios, you have been a great inspiration to me since Ep. 7. It's a shame it all ends, but good things have to end.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

Doom72 wrote:
I loved Ep. 75 and what it had to offer. It was magnificent. The battles were kick@$$. Speaking of the battles...
1. The short fight between Merlin and Nox Decious in the flashbacks - Although it wasn't really a fight, this (along with the other flashbacks) was one of my favorite scenes. Although I'm a bit confused on why the Nether Saber was yellow and not green as it was in King Arthur

This was actually done to repair the continuity. Wario uses the Nether Saber in the series and it appears yellow. Richie has stated that he always intended for it to be yellow. This Merlin VS Decious scene was intended to be the new canonical Merlin VS Decious from the King Arthur series.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:43 pm 
Landsman

I'm not one to write a long post,but since Richie went all out for this episode.I'll too!
First off I would like to Thank Richie and Chris and all of their friends who worked so very hard on SMB over the years.Thanks for all of the good times.And laughs.I was still depressed over my older brother passing away when my niece and me found SMB.Thank you all for helping me pull through a hard time in my life.SMB cheered me up a lot.Congrats Richie and friends on making a great show! I felt like crying when I read the final episode on my tv screen.I got to watch the last episode on youtube on xbox live. :D Now onto the episode.

I have to say I loved this episode! It was awesome.Great music,fighting,emotion,and acting.
I wrote a page in my notebook on this episode.I loved the music at the begining of the episode it went well with the scene of Merlin and Nox.The backstory about Merlin and Nox was pretty good and interesting.The music and special effects in Merlin's and Nox's battle were great.Finding out that Mario and Luigi are Merlin's descendants adds a nice twist.I loved the music during the scene with Yoshi holding baby Mario and Luigi.LOL I loved Julian as a pirate it's pretty funny.XD I loved Captain's Morgan's reaction to the pirate crunch cereal.XD I loved the conversation between Wario and Waluigi.It explained a few things.The flashbacks were a nice touch.

The pirates vs Ninjas fight was pretty funny.LOL @ the cereal attack and at Captain Morgan's drunken fool attack. :lol: I loved the one ninja's moves pretty cool.Wario was awesome kicking some ninja's butts! Nice special effects and music during Wario's and Nox's fight.The Darkness shows up just in time,before Nox could get him.Nice.The music during Bowser's and Luigi's fight was very fitting.Nice I loved the final fantasy music playing in the background during Nox and The Darkness fight.The music goes perfectly.Awesome fight.

Nice special effects during the Luigi and Bowser fight.I loved how Luigi used his own attack against him.Nice! LOL @ Captain Morgan passing out and shocking Zubashi and the other ninja.XD When I saw Link on the screen I was like awesome! I was mad and sad when I found out that Ganon killed Merlin creep! -.- Mario looked awesome holding the master sword and loved the outfit too. The music during the Mario and Ganon fight went perfectly.Awesome fight! I loved the singing at the end of the episode and seeing all of the friends. Great episode! Really enjoyed it! Great work everybody! :D Nice song during the credits as well. I'm sad to see SMB end.I really love and enjoyed it. Thanks for everything Richie! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:32 pm 
Freelancer

Well, I'm a bit late to watching this episode, so I doubt that you'll see this Rich, but now that I've watched it, I'm glad that I did. Anyways, I'll keep it brief. Seriously awesome episode. The fight scene with The Darkness and Decious was awesome, easily the best fight in the episode. I also loved the new special effects. Also, I was so happy to see the explanation about Nox Decious's past, I've been waiting for that for the past 2 or 3 years :lol: I loved the Triforce reference (especially since I just beat my first Zelda game, Skyward Sword) and the fact that the Mario Bros. went back to the Mushroom Kingdom at the end. I've always thought that the series would end that way, and I've always wanted it to end that way. Man, it's been a fun run, I've been watching this series since I got out of 7th grade. I'm going to miss it. Thanks for all the memories and my inspiration for filmmaking!
By the way, the episode gets 10/10 awesome looking fireballs!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:54 pm 
Co-Creator

Aisling wrote:
Been a looooong time since I've been on. And I won't break the ice by posting a massive, mind-numbingly dull review like I used to. I just wanted to say that I watched episode 75 and I liked the ending. It was everything we have all come to expect from StMB. Highfives and hugs all around.

Awww, I miss your miss massive reviews! And for the record, they were never mind-numbingly dull. If you have time, it would be great to get super-detailed review from you Aisling! =)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:29 pm 
Newcomer

You know what I think would be cool? Is if, when they had the time, Richie or Chris respond to each review specifically in a PM or something. Unlikely, but hey.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:02 pm 
Newcomer

Overall the episode was well done. The flashback at the beginning was a very nice touch.

The majority of this review is critism and suggestions, i'm not trying to be mean, but there are still some character closures I am not fully satisfied with that most people ignore or forget. I'm guessing these were ignored because these characters weren't fan favorites, but I analyse and become attatched to any character. But first I'm going to over some other stuff.

if Merlin raised Mario and Luigi, how come they have no clue who that is in Season 2?

I was also a little bit bothered during the battles. I was previously told by Richie that the Top 5 strongest (as of episode 74) characters are

1. Ganon
2. The Darkness
3. Mario
4. Wario
5. Nox Decious

Now unless Nox Decious did some serious training within the few hours between episodes 74 and 75, how was he able to beat Wario so effortlessly? Seemed like he was toying with him throughout the entire battle.

The Darkness and Decious fight was the highlight for most typical viewers. Not so much me. Not saying it was a bad idea, I LOVED the idea of Decious and Darkness finally clashing, but it was so one sided it made me want to cry. Nox Decious landed like 1 punch for every 5 that Darkness did. I didn't think Decious fighting Darkness 1 on 1 was even possible, as Darkness previously froze Decious along with Blaire, Bowser, Scott and Pauline effortlessly.

No one seems to care of the Luigi vs Bowser fight, but I think it was my favourite. Fireballs, fast hand to hand combat. It was great, plus the bowser remix in the background made it feel the most "Marioy" out of the 3 major battles. The story revolves around the Mario Bros. so I felt this fight was most appropriate for the series. Plus, I like how Luigi finally seems like the Deuteragonist, not Wario. It's Stupid Mario Bros. Not Mario and Wario.

Mario and Ganondorf felt like the shortest and most slow paced of the fights. This seems to be happening to Mario a lot recently. The Trifecta battle had Snake and Liquid, which felt the most tense. Ryu and Ken was the more fast paced hand to hand battle. Mario and Blaire was just a slow paced 2 second fight. So Mario and Ganondorf fight and Mario beats Ganondorf with a hard enough effort. I felt the Mario and Nox battle in Season 2 was better. A good fight overall, just not the best on to end the series.

I didn't like Wario's closure, he didn't do anything. I didn't think that Blaire should've been killed off so early. he was the main antagonist of the previous season, he deserves better. Was Matt Howlett in a rush or something?

Not saying you should "Do what I say" I'm just giving an example on how Wario and Blaire's closure could've happened in a more "satisfying" way.

Blaire could've successfully beaten Waluigi, Ken and Snake and then returned to base. Wario would then later seek revenge on Blaire for fatally injuring Waluigi, The Wario and Blaire battle could've happened during Episode 75. Or before, instead of all the Zubashi Filler. During this time Ness could've been put in charge of healing Waluigi using his psychic powers, instead of doing nothing. Wario would then kill Blaire with very little power left, almost dying, until Mona comes back and saves Wario and returns him to Naomi hunter, much like she actually did after Decious defeated Wario, Effortlessly. Blaire and Wario felt very incomplete, both in Season 4 and Season 5.

I'm also disappointed the we never got to see the Temari subplot get a proper solution. Now we can never have a full detailed reason why Ken joined the Trifecta. It's extremely vague. Did the two ever end up finding Temari? Did Ken's relationship with her get repaired? Or is he still hurting deep down?

Overall the Episode was great, but the two previous paragraphs are issues that I've been hoping would be resolved since Season 4 ended. I expected the episode to be just as great as this or greater. It didn't exceed any expectations, if it wasn't as good as it was, it would've been a totally unsatisfying ending. The lightsaber effects for some reason seemed less realistic then how they looked in Seasons 2 and 3. Luigi and Bowser was a really well done fight and it's nice to see Luigi go through some major character development. I liked the starting scene with Merlin and Decious, the soundtrack was better than any music in Season 4 and I loved the ending montage and the song "Game Over" by mercedes ave. Well Done!

7/10

btw, Why wasn't Matthew Howlett in the end credits? xD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:47 pm 
Newcomer

Even though I have only been watching for 2 years, I liked the series a lot. I just wish I watched it earlier. Best series on youtube. I'm going to miss it. Good job Richie and Chris.