The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Things That Could Have Been In The Show
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:40 am 
Newcomer

With the show coming to a close this Monday (If 75 isn't delayed again) we must reflect on what happened in the series by watching the show but also discuss what ultimately didn't happen in the show and wonder what the show could have been like had these things gone ahead. Here are some things I remember and if you guys know of anything else feel free to discuss them and maybe Richie can reveal some things here too. Here are some things that could have been but ultimately didn't:

In Season 2 in the premiere episode Misty was supposed to appear alongside Brock to meet with Ash and become a regular character but Dane's sister who was going to play her couldn't make it for filming so she was dropped.

In Season 2 Cristian Arista (Ryu) was going to play Kid Icarus (Pit) but his schedule never matched Richie's so he was dropped.

In Season 2 A subplot about Link and Cloud (Final Fantasy VII) competing to see who was the better swordsman was dropped do to his actor not showing up.

Link was originally meant to be played by Alex a friend of Richie's as evident at the end of Episode 15 but by the time they were ready to film Season 2 he wasn't available so Kent replaced him.

In Season 5 a subplot about Mario creating a painting of Hyrule in order to travel there with Brock and Gary as a reference to Super Mario 64 was dropped because of problems creating the effects for it.

So that's all I'm aware of be sure to reveal more and discuss what ultimately didn't happen in Stupid Mario Bros

Post subject: Re: Things That Could Have Been In The Show
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:14 am 
Novice

I remember reading about a plot back when the show was going to be called "Super Teenage Mario Bros." where Mario worked at a restaurant, I think, and Merlin was the one who showed him the Mushroom Kingdom. He and Luigi were going to be a lot more like common teens than they turned out to be in "StMB." All this was scrapped, though, due to it being so complex. Feel free to correct me on any of this if I'm wrong.

Edit: In Season 5 a new character named Beverly was going to be introduced. Her only character description was the "Harley to the Darkness' Joker," meaning she would've been a sidekick/girlfriend of sorts to the Darkness. However, Richie didn't feel she really fit in to the last season's atmosphere, and had her removed. Also, Captain Falcon was planned to appear in the final season but didn't, along with some other characters I unfortunately can't remember at the moment.

Post subject: Re: Things That Could Have Been In The Show
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:42 am 
Novice

Location: "I am everywhere and nowhere. I am all of you and none of you"
As explained in Unpersuasive Persuasion and The Lost Episode, large amounts of footage were filmed Season 3, but ultimately never made the final cut, as the season's script was altered in November 2008 to coincide with the then so called fourth "season" (The Movie). Examples include completely different versions of Episodes 42-43, which have never seen the light of day since their filming in summer 2008.