The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: The World May Never Know + A Richalvarez Update [VIDEO]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:25 am 
Creator

Hello forum friends! It's been a while since I last posted here, for which I apologize.

After SMB Episode 75, we were at a bit of a loss on where to take the Richalvarez channel. SMB had been the driving force behind the Richalvarez Channel since 2007, so we weren't really sure where to go. We had some fun experimenting with things this summer, such as introducing the Wiki Richie series. The thing is, I just wasn't enjoying it... It took me a while, but I finally figured it out why.

With SMB, I was telling a story through the cinematography. With Wiki Richie, it was all just picture animations in editing. I missed crafting narratives with a camera. And that's when it dawned on me that this was a new era for the Richalvarez channel, which meant it was time for a change. We decided to invest in a Cannon T3i, which is a very beautiful camera. The first video we filmed with that camera was Nintendo Style, which has been very well received thanks to you wonderful fans. However, we were using 1 lens that we borrowed from a friend, so we were not yet using the T3i’s full potential. Recently afterwards, we invested in 2 lenses of our own, which brings me to the purpose of this post.

Today, I am very pleased to present you with a brand new sketch video. We put a lot of effort into the production and editing, which shows in the final result. I think it's safe to say we now have a clearer vision for the Richalvarez channel. We’d like to focus on sketch comedy, music video parodies, and the occasional SMB spin-off or Video Game related sketch. I would just like to say thank you, to those of you who are still here, for sticking with us.

Anyway, I’ve included a link to the video below. After you watch it, let me know what you think. Do you like the look of the new camera? Did you enjoy the editing? Did you like the humor? Any and all feedback is encouraged. And if you guys have any clever idea for future sketches, I’d love to hear them.

Here’s the video.

The World May Never Know:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBnfJpTW6Ig

PS: Sorry for posting here Adam, I just wanted to maximize the amount of eyes on this post. Figured you’d understand. =)

Post subject: Re: The World May Never Know + A Richalvarez Update [VIDEO]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:54 am 
Freelancer

The camera is awesome and it will be a great change for Richalvarez.

Nintendo Style was a really awesome parody to the original Gangnam Style video!

As for "The World May Never Know," it was a descent sketch. It was good, the comedy was there when the whole thing looked like a serious moment (which it was in a funny way.) I can't say much negative or positive about it, since it was descent in my opinion. But it wasn't completely random since it was an old and funny joke from Episode 23 of StMB (one of my most favorite comedy episodes.)

Wiki Richie is okay for knowing about your opinions, but I'd prefer the YouTube News method of sending the opinion out where it is funny. I do agree with you that Wiki Richie does lack the cinematography, but I don't think that's the main issue. I think it's more of the mimicking fan captions. Most critics I heard from have found it annoying. Sometimes it is funny, but it got old fast.

If it's one thing for sure, this forum needs more promoting or activity. The RPG or Literature Lounge are once in a while active, but there's been a lack of posting on here. I'm one of the few people still on here. Most people seem to be busy with jobs or school, some of us are in a skype group chat talking about random stuff, so that's mostly the reason why there's not much posting on here.

*Reading your post again if I missed anything.*

Richalvarez wrote:
We’d like to focus on sketch comedy, music video parodies, and the occasional SMB spin-off or Video Game related sketch. I would just like to say thank you, to those of you who are still here, for sticking with us.
And if you guys have any clever idea for future sketches, I’d love to hear them.
=)

I may have some clever ideas in mind. Ones that I'll promise that I'll analyze for flaws or possible poor reception. I had two different ideas for a Mario spin-off sketch, but one of them would be an extremely long interactive adventure for a Halloween theme with lots of budget towards it. The other I can imagine to be hilariously funny if it's done right.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:31 am 
Freelancer

Location: i have lost myself if you find me tell me to remain right there and both of us will know where i am!
well rich i am a fan to the new camera, and i also enjoy the new sorta comedy that was in the newest skit, its not so much the childfriendly that StMB was but its also not over the top. so i look forward to the future of the channel

on a bit of a unrelated note because i am hoping that you shall be reading this particular topic for a day or two i was wondering if there shall be an update on Clicking noise, such as what sorta conventions it has been shown at (if any) and for those of us that had donated enough to eventually receive a DVD via the fundraiser if there is also an update on that subject as well. not much was ever said after the fact it was done filming so would like to know how things went.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:24 pm 
Veteran

I like the cinematography in this on, but at 0:53 Chris looks a little over-exposed. The skit managed to make me laugh. I'm really glad to see you going back this sort of thing. It's not childish, and it seems to be focused more on how your audience has aged.

I can't wait to see where you take your channel now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:23 am 
Freelancer

That was pretty funny and the camera is really good.

Can't wait for anything else that comes out including part 3 of SMB Football.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:15 pm 
Newcomer

It's good to see people are talking a bit more on here.
I thought the new sketch was great and I hope that we'll get random sketches more often instead of video game related things ALL THE TIME (I still like them though).
As for Wiki Richie, I actually sorta liked it. Sure it wasn't as crazy as Youtube News, but it gave us a chance to see your real opinion. I think you should keep it around and maybe just post one whenever your in a creative slump and need time to think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:42 pm 
Commentator

Glad to see you found your groove with making videos post-SMB. To be honest, while I liked watching Wiki-Richi and some of the other videos you guys made over the summer, it didn't feel as exciting to watch as previous videos did. I liked them, don't get me wrong, but it missed that charm the previous one had. I think taking this route will definitely continue to keep that charm your videos had from the very beginning.

I also missed seeing you guys interact with each other. One of the great things about your channel is that you guys play off each other so well, which makes your videos so enjoyable. I think that's why of all the videos over the summer, it was mostly Youtube News that stood out to me. I missed that interaction you guys had.

The switch to the new camera was definitely noticeable, and for the better. I loved what you did with "Nintendo Style", and thought you did an excellent job with the cinematography. I'm looking forward to seeing future music videos if you continue with this style.

"The World May Never Know" was a pretty entertaining short. I can see why you were so excited about getting it out. You did a great job editing this together. The quick movements in the video were handled very well. I will say that Chris stole the show though. I cracked up when he said "Lick the ****ing tootsie pop". Only critique I have is that I wish you had Mr. Owl go past 3 licks the second time, making us think he was actually going to not bite the tootsie pop. It would have made Matt's reaction at the end even better.

Looking forward to see what you guys do with the new camera and this new post-SMB era. Should be interesting to see.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.