The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Games You Suck at but Love Anyways
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:05 pm 
Newcomer

So we've all played video games. So we've all enjoyed them (or we wouldn't still play them). So we've all sucked at video games (because if you say you've never died/been confused/ragequitted ever, I'm calling you a liar). But what about those games we can say all three about?

Let's share some video games we EPIC FAIL at, but still enjoy anyways.

Okay, so I got two (actually, I have WAYYYYYY more, but I can only think of two ATM)
Pokemon Channel for the GC. I don't... I don't understand it. Bonus points because before my N64 mic broke when I was a kid, I was TEH BOSS at Hey You Pikachu! so now I'm just like fvgbihbofcfvb. The GC needs a mic.
You guys have probably never even heard of it, but Touhou. I'm even playing the easiest game in the series, and if I'm lucky, I lose my first life on stage 3 midboss. On easy mode. FFFFFFFFFF

I'll probably contribute to this thread way more, when my brain is actually working.

Post subject: Re: Games You Suck at but Love Anyways
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:33 pm 
Veteran

I've heard of Hey You! Pikachu, but I assume most people would here assuming they were born in the 80s-mid 90s.

Anyhow games I suck at, but still love:

Super Mario 3: I never got past world 3, when I was a little kid, but I haven't tried since.

Fire Emblem: I've died countless times, and I keep restarting to beat it without losing valuable characters.

I can't really think of anymore games, except NES and SNES games in general. Of course, with the exclusion of the Zelda series. I can beat Link to the Past between 3-5 hours.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:56 am 
Mediate

Any game that has any kind of console....so basically....every single game...xD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:25 pm 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
That... Is a bit of a hard one... I tend to stop playing if I get too frustrated, which happens when I die often or simply get stucked. Though I know one game I love but seriously suck at. Star Wars Battlefield II... I'll be honest, I am not very good at most shooters, or flying a space ship and fight with it. I keep on dieng, run out of men because of that, or, of course, get HORRIBLY lost. Especially because I keep on forgetting I have a thingy pointing towards my goal... ... ... It's not out of ordinary if I can't find the huge frikking space ship I'm supposed to destroy with a flying mission, or when I'm walking around lost with one on a planet... Yeah. But I do enjoy the game... Oh, I also am pretty darn bad at CoD. I tend to get hopelessly lost, and panic the second I get hit, and by the time I realize looking around myself wildly isn't going to help, I'm already dead... Yeeeaaah... Oh, and I'm not a pro at Minecraft either. Can build stuff, can defend myself, just not build stuff that actually looks good and creepers tend to blow me up... Yeah.

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:40 am 
Mediate

Although I'm terrible at the worst at any kind of FPS. Although I don't like most FPS, I can tolerate them and love them if it involves zombies. Still excruciatingly bad at them though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:42 pm 
Newcomer

The Ocarina of Time, or any Legend of Zelda game for that matter. Normally I'm pretty beast mode at these kind of games...but for whatever reason I just suck ass at this series. I didn't even get past the tree stage at the very beginning in the Ocarina of Time, lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:07 pm 
Intermediate

I'm pretty awesome at games (if not very stubborn too in practice), so normally I can get past every game with enough time at it. I mean, I've beaten games like the NES "Castlevania" series, "Ninja Gaiden 1 (NES)"; heck, even "I Wanna Be The Guy". More often, I'm not the GREATEST gamer, since I can get my *ss handed to me whenever I go online (especially at any FPS game [which I SOMETIMES play, cause I'm just not a huge fan of the genre at all]), but when it comes to most anything else (or to my friends), I can beat them down pretty badly.

However, there was one game I never beat 100% and another I failed at so hardcore because the game WAS BROKEN (I swear, I've seen people do it, but they only got lucky in comparison to me -_-').

1) F-Zero GX (Gamecube)
I've beaten the game and I'm VERY good at it, but ANYONE WILL TELL YOU that this is one of the HARDEST GC games EVER MADE (When it comes to unlocking all the content). There's so much to unlock and, from what really matters being the new characters, to get them, you gotta beat story on the highest difficulty. That's INSANE to do. There's even one level where you got a speed-sensitive bomb on your ship and you gotta run through a course that takes about five minutes to complete (basically) without touching a SINGLE THING. I've NEARLY made it (last stretch), but never done it yet. Probably could, but that's not even the hardest level. There's another 3-4 that are harder (Like the ghost race on the track with NO WALLS).

TO add salt on the wound, this game's save file is so well protected, you can't move/copy the game save AT ALL. So, if you wanna hack it, you gotta get the AR hardware to do is (Cause my Wii's software modifications certainly can't do the trick alone now). Such a fun and awesome game, but SO... d*mn... hard. -_-'

2) Megaman: Battle Network 1 (GC) [Or whatever it was called]
I rented this from the video store once. It was my first Megaman game and... WOW... did it suck. I mean, it had nice graphics (for the time) and worked SORT OF well, but the game was broken with how you fought the bosses. First of all, most Megaman games require memorization of patterns, or certain weapon uses, or being plain GOOD to beat them normally, right? NOT WITH THIS GAME! The first boss was Fireman and... WTF, you gotta know the ONLY WAY to avoid his fire move (since it's a huge, long, flame that last for a couple of seconds) it so slide away from it and into a wall (cause ducking doesn't work). That's so narrow an escape window it's almost cheating to beat the boss, and it's the ONLY way to dodge the move... and this is the FIRST BOSS... WTF?

However, I beat that boss. Next boss was Gutsman and... Never beat him. You wanna know why? Well, he walks around slowly and you're supposed to avoid him and just shoot the cr*p out of him to make him die. Therefore, he has a TON of HP. Why didn't I beat him? Well, unlike most enemies, your normal blaster doesn't hurt him, so you gotta use your limited arsenal of chip-powers to beat him... NOTICE I SAID "LIMITED"! I expended EVERY SINGLE CHIP I HAD AND HE WOULD ONLY COME BARELY CLOSE TO DYING... WTH MAN! I've watched videos and, the only reason they beat Gutsman, was because they had more chip-powers than I did. WHAT A FATAL FLAW. That game wasn't even that hard in comparison to other Megaman titles (beaten 2, which really isn't that hard at all, but harder than this game), but all I could see was how BROKEN this game was in its design. Much like other bad titles, don't make it so cryptic to dodge/beat bosses in your game and (much like "Zelda: A Link to the Past"), don't make a boss that REQUIRES LIMITED AMMO TO DEFEAT, cause what happens when you're out? The game's OVER.

Beyond those games, I normally suck at puzzle games, but I can still play them just fine, so... Yeah. I can even stand my own within legendary hard games and never suck at most any genre in general, but when a game is either designly flawed or broken, it more pisses me off to even touch the title, let along play it. After all, I make games and I know how to do them right. When I see professional BS... I rage (especially when I can't beat it because of it).

Mrrrr... -w-''''

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:44 pm 
Freelancer

Super Mario Bros. 3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:01 am 
Greenhorn

FF any

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:05 am 
Commentator

Char: Battlefront II is awesome. No questions asked.

Oh, and I was terrible at Ocarina of Time when I first played it, couldn't figure anything out. I was constantly referring to internet guides.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:48 am 
Novice

Zelda II, The Adventure of Link, i.e. me walking around in circles yelling "WHERE THE F*CK DO I GO!!???" Never beaten the first palace, much less the game.

(also, why is mario 3 so hard? i beat that one with the max amount of lives. xD)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:40 am 
Intermediate

I agree with Raux on SMB3. I had the GBA Re-release (which is pretty spot-on in comparison to the NES and SNES versions) and, though it kicked my *ss when I first got it as a young teen, I got way better over time and can now breeze through the whole game, whistle or no whistle. I actually remember playing the game in 2-Player mode with a friend during my "Planning" class in grade 10. It was some good fun. XD

However, in terms of Zelda 2, I've actually made a recent attempt through the game. Sadly, it's one of those "Nintendo Power" games where it's particularly necessary to have a guide in order to beat. I've made it to the... 6th or 7th dungeon, I believe, and I gave up (for now) for two reasons: 1) The difficulty is nuts hard, but mainly because you just NEVER find ANY power ups (mainly health is the one you want) during the in-game playing. 2) It was so frustrating that I finally knew that beating the game wouldn't be of much consolation for me. Especially since it was gonna just be a r*pe-fest all the way up into the end. This game was, obviously, not well tested and it shows considering its many game-ruining flaws (at least in comparison to most all other Zelda titles).

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:34 pm 
Freelancer

I used site for maps to help me beat NES Zelda twice. First when I managed to get to the end for the first time and second for my Let's Play of it. I also did go through the second quest in Zelda using the maps (seems impossible without something guiding) but I don't remember beating it. I think I did 100% I just haven't got back to the game to beat Ganon for the second quest.
Zelda II The Adventure of Link is hard. There was one moment where I had to go south of town (below Level 2) and I had to use a map guide to realize there's a cabin where you had to gain permission to use the bridge. HOW THE HELL IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO FIND THAT???? I forget how far I've gotten but one thing I can say is I haven't beaten it yet. It's a really hard game.