The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Top Five Favorite Moments In The Series
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:10 pm 
Novice

Lets take these next 5 days before the series finale to contemplate our top five favorite moments in the series. Maybe when everyone has posted them we can vote which ones are the Overall Top Five. I hope Richie and Chris post their favs as it would be cool to find out which moments they liked best. Below is my list!

5. Wario Leaves Waluigi in Episode ?? - I don't remember the episode number, but I think Kevin said it best in his HOSMB video that it was Oscar worthy for acting. Matt and Doug did an absolutely fantastic job in this scene. You can definitely feel the pain of Wario by the way Matt speaks the lines. He is truly a terrific actor, so (Richie or Chris) please pass along my compliments to him. I hope to work with him one day (all you guys for that matter) when I become a screenwriter (I'm headed down in California for film school this fall. Pretty sure I've mentioned that. lol).

4. Ash Meets UPS in Episode ?? - Crap, I don't recall the episode number for this one either, but I remember being reduced to tears (from laughter) when Ash bursts through the door and dances to the Pokemon theme when the UPS guy comes to his door. The dialogue that followed was hilarious as well. UPS: "Do you always do that?" Ash: "Only when I meet someone new!... On Thursdays!" HAHAHAHA!

3. Darkness vs Decious in The Movie - This was not a fight, but a verbal confrontation (It was in the flashback in Episode 74). There was just something poetic about it (Creator and Creation). The dialogue between the two of them was also well written and Chris and Richie acted the hell out of the characters in that scene. I wanted to choose a Darkness scene and this is the one I chose, but the truth is, any Darkness moment could have been in my Top 5.

2. The Fight in Episode 5 - Richie has done some amazing fight sequences over the course of the series, but the first one ever is still my all time favorite. Why? It's comedic and it's true to the Mario Universe. There was no complex beam sword fights of special effects. It was an exact representation of a Mario Bros. fight; Mario Tornado, Coin Sound Effects, etc.

1. The Longest Time Song By JMK in Episode 22 - I love Billy Joel and seeing this seen makes me laugh and smile. Episode 22 is one of the best written episodes in the whole series and to top it off it ends with an awesome musical number featuring some of the best characters; Luigi, UPS, Ash, and Link. Scott had a terrific performance along with some of the best comedy between Matt and Doug ever. Those two have great on screen chemistry.

Well there you go! That's my Top Five!

Post subject: Re: Top Five Favorite Moments In The Series
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:06 pm 
Newcomer

5. Mario and Peach get pulled over I loved this part of the movie because of how weird the cops were. This brings a whole new definition to police brutality. And the YouTube news scene that followed; was great to.

4. The Death of Link Even though I'm not a Legend of Zelda fan, I loved this part of the movie because of how quick, yet touching it was. Link was willing to fight even though he was weak and tired.

3. Wario and Waluigi Argument (Not to be a copy-cat) but my next pick has already been spoken. When Wario took out all his anger on Waluigi, I couldn't help but keep re-playing it to re-live the moment. This will always be an episode to come back to.

2. Wario Vs. Darkness 1 & 2 I have re-played these fights more times than I can count. When you really pay attention to the fight, beam swords aren't in them very much. But the epicness of the whole scenario gives it #2 on my list.

1. Mario Vs. Mr. L Their are many things that deserved to be on this list, but it is only top 5. So if I can only pick one more, it would have to be Mario Vs. Mr. L. Brother Vs. Brother. This fight was not only emotional, but epic to. Especially after you watch all the episode before it. As of now, it has has to be my favorite fight and moment of all time.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:40 am 
Intermediate

I completely agree with your top 4, 35th president (The Ash scene is in episode 13, by the way)

In contrast, for my 5th favorite scene, I think it would be the entire dance scene from the Movie Part 1 Act 1.

All of it.

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:15 pm 
Novice

5.) The Battle in Ep. 44: This battle was one of the greatest of all, for various reasons. Its purpose, its choreography, its complexity (with so many Beam Swords to edit and so much footage involving them), and of course, its epicness. This fight was memorable because it is the one that turns Wario and shows him the error of his ways, with help from Waluigi and the Mario Bros. And, as far as I know, it's one of the only ones that Richie spent countless days editing. That dedication to making the battle look really good payed off, as we got one heck of an episode! I've also been hearing concerns about the fake blood, but honestly, I thought it was a nice addition. Now, of course, because it was their first time using it, they did seem to go a little overboard, and it didn't exactly work out for them (as we've never seen it again in the series), but still, they tried something new, and I personally thought it was cool. Nice episode, nice battle!

4.) The Series Crossovers in the Movie: I thought this idea of implementing most of their previous series into the Movie was funny and clever. Seeing as because of production of the Movie we hadn't been seeing much of Youtube News, Smashing Stuff, etc., I thought this was a nice little addition. Julian saving the Mario Bros. from the Monster Mower was hilarious! R.I.P. (Rest In Pieces) Monster Mower!! XD

3.) Link's Death in the Movie: This was one of the most pivotal and emotional moments in the whole movie, aside from an event coming up next on the list. It surely shocked many viewers, myself included, but we all know it was necessary. It set other events in the Movie in motion, and in reality, it was Kent's final performance as Link (well, after his resurrection scene, but I think that was filmed around the same time as the death scene). It was one of the most serious moments in the series, and remains one of my favorites, for its drama, its writing, and its impact. "No, Link, NOOOO!!"

2.) The Mario/Mr. L Battle in the Movie: This was a big one. This battle was just so epic, so moving, so intense, and so incredibly well put together. I love this battle. Its purpose, Mario fighting to save Luigi from Decious' control, was emotional, the action was just so incredible, there's really nothing I can say that already hasn't been said. One moment got to me, though, when I first watched this fight, and that was when Mario burned Mr. L's face. It immediately brought back the descriptions of Merlin and Decious' fight. I was just blown away at that, and I thought it was incredible. I remember saying to myself, "It's happening all over again," and I can't help but wonder if that's how Merlin and Decious' battle occured. This fight was one of the greatest!

1.) The Entire First Episode: Every great series starts somewhere. This one started with three (soon four) good friends in costumes goofing around. The vulgarities, the zaniness, the silly jokes, it's all so iconic, in a way. This first episode pretty much defines all of Stupid Mario Bros.: fun, hilarious, and epic! These three minutes spawned a huge series full of silly characters, epic battles, neat costumes, and a great storyline! I really wish this series wouldn't end, but the final episode is almost upon us. Hopefully the guys finish off the series strong, and the series finale will be as epic as its premiere! :)

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:21 am 
Landsman

A lot of mine are over-lap with the people before me, so.. yeah. Also, I guess I'm being a little more board in saying times / videos I liked rather than specific moments, sorry.

5) Mr. Puzzler - I'm probably in the minority with this, but for some reason, this sketch made me crack up. I was pretty new to the series, so I wasn't as anxious as some fans who just want the new episode, so I was able to enjoy it without being like "OMG WHERE IS TEH EPISODE STTTPEOPRTEOPTO" or something like that. Julian cracks me up with anything he does. On top of that, plus the music, plus Dane, I really enjoyed it.

4) The introduction of Brock: I think out of the entire series, Austin has been my favorite actor. I think they all do an AMAZING job, but for some reason, Austin cracks me up the most. Having him be Brock was a great idea, and I'm glad his character has been around more/less ever since. this intro was great, and seeing him n Ash together for the first time made me laugh. (Also, if they were part of the actual episodes / movies, the whole 'Ash& Brock' videos would have been my #1 for sure)

3) Act I of the SMB Movie: I think what I liked about this part so much was that this is when I actually came into the SMB series. So granted, before I could really enjoy it, I had to watch EVERYTHING SMB related, and a few of Richie's others works (and a few of Randumb's too), so then I understood all the stuff like the Harry Potter things, Killer Lawn mower, etc. I'm more of a fan of the comedy of SMB than the drama.

2) The end of the SMB movie / credits for Act II- This could be included below, but it was really special to me for a few reasons. One, they went back to the beginning, to the mail box. Two, the music playing for amazing. Three, t was kind of cheesy, but Mario's whole thing in the end about 'the next great adventure' and waiting for what's ahead made me pretty happy.

1) Act II of the SMB Movie: This probably goes against everything I just said for my 3rd choice since I'd rather see comedy than drama / seriousness in SMB. However, there was a lot of emotion in the 2nd one, and I was one of those silly people, screaming at my computer screen when Link died. Also, I LOVED Richie as the Darkness, and I think Act II is the only time the Darkness was a likeable character, and since the Darkness was one of my favorite characters at that time, he's the main reason this is #1. Also, the Ash-beating-gary scene cracked me up so hard.