The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Samurai Adventure RPG
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:18 am 
Newcomer

Alright, listen up here! What we have going on is a samurai adventure!
Maximum Players Allowed: 4
Interestingly enough, I could be the "DM" -- meaning, I'll pit the monsters and evil against you.

I could post an entire novel here about RP rules, but here's a shorter guide to help us move along.

HOW TO PLAY BY POST

Basically, we weave a story.

-First Player
-Second Player
-Third Player
-Fourth Player
-Repeat

For this kind of RP, I would prefer if you wrote out your posts as if they were a book. Detail. Complete sentences. No screenplays here, just straight up write till your fingers bleed, and then write some more!

Please write using proper spelling and grammar.
Please, if you must use paragraphs...

Paragraphs: I can't stress this enough! If you must make a post with lots of content, please separate it into paragraphs so the reader doesn't have to read a jumble of letters! It's CONFUSING!!!

Example:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blh lah blah blah blah blah blah lablah blah blah blah blah blah blah blh blah blah blh blah blah bla blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bah blah blah blah blah blh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah ah blah blah blah blah blah bah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah bla blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blh bah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah lah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blaah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bla blah bbh blah blah bah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahlah blah blah blh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Jumble, right?

Another Example:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blh lah blah blah blah blah blah lablah blah blah blah blah blah blah blh blah blah blh blah blah bla blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah bah blah blah blah blah blh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah ah blah blah blah blah blah bah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah bla blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blh bah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah lah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blaah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bla blah bbh blah blah bah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahlah blah blah blh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

A little easier, right?

No large blocks of text.
Things to be on the lookout for, the common sense stuff, such as...

GODMODDING
-In short, it is the act of overpowering yourself in a turn, without some sort of reasonable explanation

PUPPETEERING
-The act of taking complete control of another player's character without their consent

METAGAMING
-Metagaming is Out of Character knowledge implemented through the character in the RP to give the player a dishonest upper hand.

Does this mean you have to take the RP seriously? Well, it is a serious RP. So, yes.

That out of the way, let's get the premise set.
It's the feudal Japan era, and four young warriors are prophesied to save the land from a terrible evil. Who or What this evil is, no one knows, but whatever it is, it needs to be stopped. Here's the thing: these warriors have no idea that they are about to cross paths (cuz ya know, that makes things ten times more interesting!), so whatever time is taken out of their lives is now dedicated towards helping each other overcome challenges, learn new tricks and defeat evil.
Hope that makes sense--I'm not very good at giving a premise without going into great detail.

Here's the basic bio to sign up with. Please write out all details in this bio, at least one paragraph for both descriptions and history:

Name:
Character Description: Meaning, the character's general personality.
Physical Description: What do they look like.
History: What were they up to before this point in time?

Most importantly, have fun!
After four players have signed up, I'll introduce the beginning sequences and then we can start our adventure, yeah?

Come for the action, stay for the story!

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Samurai Adventure RPG
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:57 pm 
Newcomer

Name:Ethan Sharzen
Character Description:smart,reckless,quickwitted
Physical Description: tall 5'6 ,brawny
History:parents were killed by enemies when he was 6 and was trained by a samurai

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:41 pm 
Intermediate

I don't know if this will actually get started or not, but I had a character idea for a while, and I was trying to iron out the wrinkles. If you think it needs to be edited, please tell me.

Name: Jax (Real Name Gideon Jonah)
Personality: Incredibly quiet, almost to the point of absurdity. Rarely says more than one or two words at a time, and is downright irritating to try to have a conversation with. If there is more to be said, he writes it down on a scrap of paper. The words he does say come out raspy, like an awful sore throat. He is a watcher, and always seems to disappear moments before "trouble" occurs.

Appearance: Jax wears a dark blue coat with a large, equally dark hat (Indiana Jones-Esque) and a wide faded-white scarf from over the nose and under the ears to the collar. On his right ear, a burn scar that runs from that ear to his left shoulder is visible (Covers the bottom half of his face and the entire front of the neck). Height 5'10, pale hair, rather skinny and quick.

History: Jax grew up in a northern region of Japan to a poor family and initially turned to theft to sustain himself. In an unfortunate coincidence, someone holding a serious grudge against a minor lord set the lord's home on fire as Jax was inside. While escaping, he suffered a serious burn across his shoulders. Following that, he moved south and found place in an organization of information brokers. He currently is one of 4 working in Edo, buying and selling in secrets.

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

This is a very col idea that I haven't heard of before. Most sign up RPG's have a lage number of members even if there is a cut off at some point. Having only four really opens the door to an intimate adventure. Good luck I'll look forward to reading this.

Report this post