The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 68
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:23 pm 
Co-Creator

As Waluigi slowly regains his strength, the heroes learn of a new threat on the horizon. Will Mario make it back in time to save the day?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu3g12_TzG8

Your thoughts, comments, suggestions, critiques and feedback are encouraged like always!

Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 68
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:49 am 
Freelancer

So Captain Morgan is still passed out for being drunk on rum. "Why's the rum always gone?" He will sure have one hangover once he wakes up.

Wario really has a way of taking care of people in a terrible way. Farting on Waluigi and putting garbage on him, and now putting Captain Morgan in the garage.

I feel sorry for Ness having to walk around the house. Must be a lazy kid considering he did a lot of walking in the previous installments. So he was in the yard, goes to Yoshi, goes on the other side of the house to meet up with Snake, go to the tree near the orchard to talk to Ryu and Ken, then go into the house, and finally walk to the forest. Not too much of a long distance walk.

It's funny seeing Zubashi pissed off, but there's no doubt the ninjas have their own opinions on who to join (even though Zubashi and Blaire are on the same league.)

"We were acting like Reckless Street Fighters." No sh*t! But it's awesome seeing the two make up for each other since the Darkness and Mario's team is now working together (without Mario, Gary, or Brock knowing about it.)

I always knew Professor Oak was a jerk but he was like the karate teacher from The Karate Kid teaching Gary and Brock that you can't prove yourself better because you're asked to do a stupid thing. But for the fact he rejects the UPS' flash drive, it definitely creates a whole problem finding the UPS man and whether or not if FedEx will be a bother. I can swear it looks like Oak is torturing his own grandson without knowing he's actually in danger.
"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS GRAMPS!"
Ending of that scene was the best! "Can I stay here? I think so."

The Blaire vs. Snake army fight should be interesting. So Blaire is either a terrible counter or there's hidden ninjas closing in on them. It was also cool seeing Ken and Blaire having a short conversation on who has chosen the right side. They were never allies when they were the trifecta, they were just working together along with Liquid (who's deceased.)
It's also awesome that we get to see Ryu, Snake, and Blaire again since they have disappeared for a few episodes.

When I do a review, for some reason it seems more of a summary. Anyway, good episode! Also the 1080p switch did add a little more quality to it, however that kind of quality doesn't work in interior scenes, which means you need good lighting while doing interior scenes like the living room. But it was a cool change for sure!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:42 pm 
Veteran

I agree with Nitsua on the lighting situation with scenes inside. It was giving that weird effect that happens when there isn't enough lighting. I forget what it's called... It's not the moire effect, that when those rainbow lines show up...Anyways...

I liked that it moved forward a bit. I feel like The Darkness and his group just disappeared. They've barely been mentioned, besides the pirates.

I feel like the cinematography could have been a bit better with the meeting of Snake and Blaire Vherestorm. It would have been nice to see a full shot or medium shot of the both of them. :/

I liked the humor and it's really nice to see it in 1080p, even in 360p, the picture looks so much clearer and crisp.

7/10

Last edited by TheInsanityProd on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:51 am 
Freelancer

I enjoyed this ep. Ness has his work cut out for him.

Snake and Blaire's fight could be very interesting. The ho-yay between Ken and Ryu was so damn noticeable when they made up (Although I wonder where Tamari is seeing as she is somewhat responsible for the two "breaking up")

Strangely Waluigi didn't arrive before the fight began saving him for last I presume. Also I like how the plot for Zubashi and the ninjas got better as they rebel against their leader.

9/10 passed out pirates in the garage

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:55 am 
Fan Girl

I don't remember if I saw this one. Is this the one with the purple suited guy and the banana? If so, nice episode! Well balanced ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:21 pm 
Landsman

I liked this episode,it was great! :D
10/10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:58 am 
Creator

Maybe at this point Adam will wait till the end to do a season review

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:22 am 
Freelancer

Adam has been off for a while now. He's sorta been busy.

But he'll proabably do some reviews soon.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:16 pm 
Fan Girl

Nah, Adam is lazy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:15 am 
Newcomer

Excellent episode. Lord Zubashi and Master Gangles are hilarious. Ness is in bad shape. He was so exhausted running just a few times around the house. :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:54 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, I was pretty lazy these past two weeks. Actually this week was my week off and my previous week was midterms. But I'll do a double review now.

Luigi and Wario's talk was pretty good. I'm honestly curious as to how they're gonna wake up Captain Morgan. Waluigi + another Banana joke = chuckle

Ness does some running around. I love how Snake says in the bloopers what I was thinking "How did you find me? I was hiding!" Julian's really got Snake down. His early Snake didn't capture it as well but by now Snake is perfect. XD for Operation Vherestorm. Sweet sun in that shot too. The cinematography is always whatever or hit and this episode had a lot of hits.

More Zubashi and Gangles. My only problem with them is Austin's habit of looking at the camera as Gangles which happens in almost every shot. Once again if I haven't mentioned this, I like the flashback effect. Ever since Episode 60 is just has a cool vibe to it. Why can't they suddenly spare no more troops? Didn't the recruit over 10,000? Where did they all go?

Ken and Ryu making up was a nice scene and as several had pointed out almost a little too bromancy. I was a little disappointed at the fact Tamari wasn't mentioned; that's why they were fighting and they're making up without bringing her up? I always like 4th Wall Breaks/ Title Drops, nicely done. Hugh!

The Ness, Wario, Luigi, and Waluigi scene was filmed at night abruptly but whatever, you film when you can; it's just too bad next to most of the seamless continuity we've had so far this season. "Lets just say I'm super badass." I love Waluigi. I really enjoyed the tension between Ness and Luigi which is ironic them being the only two cast members that are actually related. I really hope it amounts to something instead of fizzing into nothing. Although this probably wasn't a good idea: "If we loose you in the battle we might as well loose the war." "Fine I'll be in the forest... you know the one that's inhabited by all of our enemies."

I really liked how the Mario, Gary, Brock, and Oak scene was in the middle of the episode. It really breaks the format which is good in my book! I don't see what information on Gannon and co. could possibly be on the flash drive that Mario couldn't tell Professor Oak in person but I'm not gonna focus on a plot device. Oak is hilarious as always, I really hope their trip to see him doesn't amount to nothing.

Now the Blair plot is really bugging me. Clearly, the villains splitting up is a bad idea. When Scott went solo, he got eaten. When Pauline went solo she left. It was totally awesome how Nox was going against Gannon's orders, but Blair just totally ruins it. He's so overconfident his defeat couldn't be more obvious. And what happened to I'll call them Ken and Ryu ninjas? They spoke against Gangles to support Blair and he has 2 ninjas with him that aren't those two. I mean it's not like Ken and Ryu aren't there and it's not like Richie doesn't have 4 ninja costumes. What gives? The dialogue and music was excellent; however, the plot's grown quite predictable. Another face faceoff and the episode's over.

I really hope this season is going to become less predictable. I'm not sure about how it'll end but the next few episodes I can practically set it up. They fight on the soccerfield until Waluigi comes in to help deliver the final blow to Blair. Nox will fight The Darkness and loose. Bowser will be defeated by Luigi. That's what I'm guessing and I hope I'm wrong somewhere, I always like to be surprise.

The continuity is what really bugged me in this episode. So much attention was paid to Ness running around which is great; however, in the first clip Wario says he'll go talk to the Darkness and then you see him chillin inside again just like he was last episode. Then the Ryu and Ken ninjas. Up and down, left and right, not a bad episode but not phenomenal like some this season. Like I said I hope the format continues to be broken and we see something no one saw coming. 8/10 new after video preview! (in the bloopers atleast)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 am 
Creator

AdminAdam wrote:
I really hope this season is going to become less predictable. I'm not sure about how it'll end but the next few episodes I can practically set it up. They fight on the soccerfield until Waluigi comes in to help deliver the final blow to Blair. Nox will fight The Darkness and loose. Bowser will be defeated by Luigi. That's what I'm guessing and I hope I'm wrong somewhere, I always like to be surprise.

Well the only thing that you mentioned that actually happens in the next few episodes is Waluigi. I can say this cause 69 is up. As for the other two things, they won't happen the way you think, and there's no more fighting till 73.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:58 pm 
Fan Girl

a little bit of spoiler for you.... thank you :/