The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 67
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:11 am 
Co-Creator

Mario and Wario are surprised by an old friend, while DK is surprised by an old friend of his own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGaut9bLWbg

Your thoughts, comments, suggestions, critiques and feedback are encouraged like always!

Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 67
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:08 am 
Freelancer

Glad to see Waluigi is up and I love his voice issue and reaction to waking up and seeing Wario's stuff. Mona and Pauline's fight was well done. I'm glad to see Pauline and DK interact though I'm kinda sad she didn't switch sides or be with DK. At least Mona's alive and well.

Brock is so uncapable and the ninja's date has bloopers written all over it. Now the big question, what did Ness sense?

10/10 Wario's junk on a bed

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:15 am 
Novice

Location: "I am everywhere and nowhere. I am all of you and none of you"
Hooray! Waluigi's back! It wouldn't be the Final Season without the original four actors, now would it?
I thought Zubashi and Gangles made for good comic relief this episode. Also, was that a bit of Doug's Monster Mower scream I heard?

8/10 CLIFFHANGERS!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:07 am 
Freelancer

This episode was definitely epic!

The ninja trying to make out with girls shows two sides of the boy's and girl's hearts. The two guys are for love, the two girls are for the money. What spoiled brats! Funny scene, that's for sure.

Waluigi is back and conscious. Sucks he had to start off with a smelly start. Let's not forget, he got fart in the face in his last appearance on Season 4. Doug changing the voice definitely added a better effect to make it look like he's been in a really long slumber. It's funny how he needs to be updated on a lot of things since the Trifecta is defeated (Ken on Darkness' side, Blaire on Ganondorf's side, and Liquid deceased.)
It will be awesome to see more of Doug and Waluigi in the Season Finale. I just wonder how many episodes he'll appear in since Waluigi's been a recurring character since Season 3.

Brock and Gary are too impatient. Although it would have been funny if the house was right next to them.

The fight between Mona and Pauline has been the most awesome one-on-one fight scene for this Season. Not to mention; CAT FIGHT!
Although these two really know how to fight. It was acted perfectly. Both actors who play Mona and Pauline are both très bien!
There just had to have been a moment where DK stops Pauline. There's no way the series could continue with Mona deceased or gravely injured. It's no doubt she's mad but she's not evil. The speculation, rejecting to kill, leaving both sides, it definitely shows she's developing into the good character some of us know and some of us like. Remember kids that Pauline was the damsel distress in Donkey Kong. Not Peach! The one thing I like about Pauline is that I was the one that requested her first so I'm very interested to see how her final appearance is made. My guess is that she might either go out with DK, or maybe leave unexpectedly in Brooklyn to forget everything that has happened.
Overall, the way the scene turned out was perfect from Mona, to Pauline, to the fight, to DK, to the temptation to kill, to DK aiding Mona up.

What did Ness see? I want to know!

More episodes to come to fill in our questions. I really like the way this Season is turning out. It's definitely the best Season production wise.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:01 pm 
Intermediate

I'm going to be honest, I didn't like the way Pauline's character went. Maybe it was an acting thing, maybe a scripting thing, but I am glad that she is gone. She just felt far too..serious and it just wasn't executed well.

On a different note, I thought that the fight between Mona and Pauline is one of the best choreographed ones.

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:43 pm 
Newcomer

this episode was amazing, glad to see Waluigi is awake. The obvious cliffhanger is what Ness was talking about. I think he's going to say, "That is not Waluigi." Dun Dun Dun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:46 pm 
Veteran

I liked Waluigi's reaction once he awoke. I kinda was disappointed Shadow Mario did not appear.

The whole ninja date thing just seemed like a thing to fill time, and seemed pointless to me.

I liked the whole cliffhanger with Ness's vision, but I think it could have been executed a little more effectively, if a short flash of the vision had been shown.

Overall, the episode was average. It had its good jokes. 6/10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:40 am 
Fan Girl

You guys make me fly........................... high!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:46 pm 
Newcomer

I had to rewatch the episode after the bloopers, and I can't take DK seriously anymore after seeing him crash into the trash (hey that rhymes |D )

ANYWAYYYYYYYYYS

Waluigi waking up from his coma was great, and I like how Doug manipulated his voice and walk to show that Waluigi was asleep. I think Doug makes the most bloopers/screen time ratio though, between "From Mona?," him waking up, and "Joined forcesses."

I didn't like the date scene. I thought the scene where Gangals said he wanted to go on a date with a girl and Zubashi asked if he could go on one too was great but I didn't like the actual date scene. Iunno.

The fight between Pauline and Mona was great. Mona was the only female character I like (other than some of Daisy's better moments, not her whiny ones but when she's somewhat tomboyish like in the games) so I'm glad she didn't die. On the other hand, I like Evil!Pauline for the same reason, when we first saw her she was kinda a female-dog (you know what I mean), now I just like how she was smart. Doubting DK while still obviously having feelings for him that she was trying to hide was pulled off well, and DK's almost-proposal was great.
Character development-wise, though, we still don't know the full details of what Ganon told her when he recruited her. We just know that she believes Mario killed her on purpose. We don't even know if Ganon told her that himself, we just have to assume it. And that alone doesn't explain why she's on Ganon's side when she could hold herself in a fight so easily...

I'm hoping to see Pauline again, even though we don't have a very good chance of that happening.

8/10 Plotholes and cliffhangers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:51 am 
Newcomer

All I found wrong with this episode was the fight between Pauline and Mona. Granted, it was necessary, but it didn't feel...right. But everything else before and after that was spot on. Especially the return of Waluigi from his coma, and his reaction to the stink in the room he was sleeping in was priceless! DK is as adorable as ever with his running to Mona. And lastly, Mario, Brock and Gary arguing...ahh...reminds me of home!

8/10!

Come for the action, stay for the story!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:44 am 
Creator

Thanks for the comments guys, i was looking forward to seeing Adams review, but i guess he hasn't seen the episode yet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:08 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry Richie, aired during my midterm week.

Brock, Gary, and Mario's banter in the beginning was alright. In the same vein/ quality as the Gary Brock stuff last season. I liked the Pokemon dudes a little better back when they were steping out of character/ secondary in the group, when they fill the spotlight they don't shine as bright.

Yay for the return of Waluigi! Doug's always been my default favorite and I always feel he can step back into the Waluigi character easily although each scene of his is a little different. Act II Part IV Waluigi differed from Part V Waluigi and the same is true with his scenes this episode, which I'm fine with. It's great to see him again. His scene with Wario and Luigi was... interesting. I thought the lot of them would be up to more since Mario left but I guess not.

Gangles and Zubashi's date provided a few laughs. It was pure filler but filler done right I suppose. Only problem I foresee is the ninjas getting to funny to be killed off. Like some other guys said, the girls were very good at acting.

But this episode is all about Mona VS Pauline. That fight was short and sweet and the dialogue exchange was well written, it was just rather predictable. Pauline defeated Mona in episode 64, it was obvious it was going to happen again. Just like DK vs Scott it's just like an expansion on the conflict between the two characters. I didn't expect DK's appearance and I'm surprised he handled another villain. Now he's someone who's starting to take a bit too much spotlight. DK & Pauline's closure was... confusing. She left... because... ? Why didn't she just make up with DK and join the good guys? Mona and DK both essentially would forgive her... so... why?

All in all this feels like the filler equivalence this season which is fine with me! 7/10 Best at being ninja!