The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 61
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:04 pm 
Veteran

I liked the humor. I genuinely laughed. I really enjoyed it. The humor was tasteful.

I literally cried when Snake died. He was one of my favorite characters.

The start of the episode had good build-up. I agree with Plastic that the shock factor of Snake's death was too small. It happened so fast, in my opinion.

I am another film-type, and I felt like the cinematography and editing grade went down a bit. The story was great, but I usually like it when the cinematography and editing help convey the mood. There were parts in which the special effects seemed off, like when the beam sword when into Nox Decious' head a bit.

My rating: 7/10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:50 pm 
Storyteller

As a long time StMB fan and forumer, this makes me smile. I would just like to say that of all that we've been through (though i wasn't here from the start, but from the end of season 2 onward) Richie and co, you have always given us the best that you could. Thank you for a wonderful series.

I will give this episode 10/10 Snake-already-went-inside's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:12 pm 
Freelancer

Well, I'm glad to see this episode finally, so here's my 2 cents.
I liked the fight at the beginning the most, as it was probably the most dramatic of all of the fights and the best choreographed, though I do have one major complaint about it: when Mario and Decious lock beamswords for an extended period of time, it just seems so awkward with no crackling sound. I know you've said before you didn't like that noise, but it makes the beamswords seem more fake without it. Besides that, the fight was pretty cool.

Also, when Snake shot up the mobster guy, I found it hard to believe that pistol could hold 14 rounds in one clip, but I'll give Snake the benefit of the doubt and say he changed clips in between both shootings. And the mobster guy's death was kinda weird: a late reaction with a jolt, grin, and crumple. I loved how Snake checked him for a bullet proof vest though, that was a pretty good idea. If he comes back from the dead, he won't have the same face as before :lol:

The fight between Luigi and Bowser was pretty funny. I loved the line where Luigi points out the decreasing value of the mushroom, I thought that was a funny thing to add in :lol: Ness beating that Ninja to a pulp was pretty funny too.

I'm glad you guys finally resolved the whole Snake ordeal, that was a smart move to pull there since Snake would die sooner or later without the cure.

One more thing, The Darkness isn't the same character that he was initially. I miss his old, insane personality. Now, he's just becoming more like Decious; a villain with some plot to take over the world. Could you restore him to his former sporadic self?

Overall, I'm very happy with the episode! I know it may seem that I point out the negatives too much, but sometimes I just can't help it. It's human nature. But, it doesn't mean I didn't like the episode. I really look forward to the rest of the season, and hopefully a fight between The Darkness and Decious at some point. That'd be pretty sweet. So, I give it a 9/10 devaluing mushrooms.