The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Reapers Rewrite
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:12 pm 
Veteran

The leaves began to change their colors once again. The trees were in covered in bright red, orange and yellow. Leaves cluttered the sidewalks and crunched under Violet's feet. She had her scarf wrapped around her, the one her father made her a couple years ago. In one hand, she held a dozen of marigolds for his grave. It had been a year since her father had died. Now, she had to live with the fact that he wouldn't be at her graduation. Today was an emotional day in her house, her mother just layed in bed this morning. Now, Violet was on her way to Light Hollows Cemetary. Marigolds was his favorite flower, he was a gardener. She had been taking care of his flowers, something she felt was her duty. She now came to the gate and passed though it. Walking slowly,
she glanced for his tombstone. Thomas Petals, she giggled at the name. How funny was it for a gardener to have a last name like that?
She layed the flowers gently on the ground. She knelt and began to weep. She hadn't been to his grave once. She held her face in her hands and wept even harder. Why hadn't she been here? It was at least he deserved.

"I miss you, Dad. Things have been really hard. Why did you leave us? Weren't you happy?"

"He was."

Violet shifted her head left and right. She saw no one. "Who said that?"

"I did. Look up."

Violet threw her eyes to the sky. She saw someone sitting on the top of her father's tombstone. Someone wearing a black hood and somehow had no feet. You couldn't see his face, almost as if he was made out of ash. "W-Who are you?"

"I'm your father's Reaper."

"Reaper? Like the Grim Reaper?"

He chuckled. "We get that alot, but yeah. For every person on this godless earth, there's a Reaper. I just happen to be your father's."

"Is he happy now that he's dead?"

The mysterious figure sighed. "I wish I could tell you that, Violet."

Violet gasped."How do you know my name?" A shiver ran down her spine.

"Like I said, I'm your father's Reaper. So, I know everyone your father loved. Which, includes you, my dear." For a second, he stared Violet's way. She could almost see his face. "The name's Midnight."

"Midnight? That's a cool name." She stood up and dusted off her pants. So, was he her friend?

Midnight shifted off the stone onto the ground."That's the name I chose when I became a Reaper. Anyways, your father made me promise to keep an eye on you. To check in then and now. The Reaper's last wish. Their unfinished business, so to say.I just don't understand why they're making me do it."

"Well..didn't you have unfinished business?"

"Yeah. But, that story's for another day, alright?"

"Ok."

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Reapers Rewrite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:21 pm 
Veteran

Violet just couldn't look at Midnight after that. The figure that was stalking her now just scared her. Everytime he came close to her footsteps, a chill surrounded the air. She could see the leaves around her turning into ice. She pulled her scarf tighter, her jacket more around her shoulders. Midnight came to her and put a snowy shawl around her shoulders. The split second he touched her, her whole body shuddered. Once the white fell down, warmth flooded her senses.

"I'm sorry. I'm known for being cold." He grinned at her. "But, I also possess the gift of heat."

Violet ran her fingers across the shawl. "Where did you get this?"

"I have many of them. Somehow, I have the power to make the fabric warm. As if an electric blanket. It's a strange thing I do."

"Thank you. What other abilities do you have?" She asked him.

"I can read your mind. But, if you wish, I will stay out of it. I can pass through walls liek a ghost. Violet, there is one power that you have as well."

She turned to look at him. "What is it?"

"Only you are able to see, hear or..." He passed a finger through her hair. She felt a soft breeze across her cheeks. "Feel me."

"What about my father? Can't he do that too?"

"Well, of course. In this world however, only you."

"Tell me one thing, Midnight."

"What is that?"

"Why did my father kill himself?"

He sighed. "That I do not know. He has not told me that information. For you see, he is being punished. For the Reapers of suicide, there are 60 days of punsishment. You can tell who took their lives by their cloaks. Take a look at mine, Violet. What color is it?"

"Black."

"That indicates that I am not a suicide Reaper. Their cloaks are gray while ours are black."

"Will you tell me your story, Midnight?"

"Another day. I promise you this, my friend. For now, let's just get you home."

She sighed. "Alright."

He kept following her, as if a puppy all the way home.

ImageImage