The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - The Movie ACT II - Part 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:17 pm 
Forum Gamer

Megamannt125 wrote:
Another thing I noticed, Shadow Mario made me realize how bad of a villian Nox Decious is, here we have this great villian (Shadow Mario) with a great costume, and great personality, and then we have this "meh" villian, with a bad costume and a stereotypical villian personality (I want to rule the world bwahahahaha). The costume isn't that much of a problem though, but I just can't grow to like Nox Decious as much as Shadow Mario.

I think that really reflects how Rich's style has changed, with his old villain (from his Arthur dayz), Nox, being more cliche and low budget, and then the Darkness, the new villain, being high production value, and well developed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:51 pm 
Tyro

I gotta quick question about the movie, Richie. Are Waluigi's "More important things" actually things? Or are they just filling up for the fact that he cant be in the movie? Will he be a part of he rest of the movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3towZR6ds

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

Goombowser wrote:
Megamannt125 wrote:
Another thing I noticed, Shadow Mario made me realize how bad of a villian Nox Decious is, here we have this great villian (Shadow Mario) with a great costume, and great personality, and then we have this "meh" villian, with a bad costume and a stereotypical villian personality (I want to rule the world bwahahahaha). The costume isn't that much of a problem though, but I just can't grow to like Nox Decious as much as Shadow Mario.

I think that really reflects how Rich's style has changed, with his old villain (from his Arthur dayz), Nox, being more cliche and low budget, and then the Darkness, the new villain, being high production value, and well developed.

Well this is where I'm coming from too when I say I don't like how Nox says to Luigi, "Join me, it'll be great!" To me the one thing that make Decious stand out because he's simplistic and stereotypical is his dialogue and when he's says "It'll be great!" That just ruins it a bit for me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:44 pm 
Freelancer

Honestly, the story line would be cool without Nox, and just Dark Mario. Dark Mario just out performs Nox by, well, I don't know, it's such a great expanse. Dark Mario has what a real world "bring chaos to the world" type personality, while Nox is just like some villian you would find in Austin Powers, like Dr. Evil. Just those characteristic personalities of ruling the world.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:35 am 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
Wii Master, I think Luigi isn't completely possed yet. Becouse:

* 1. Luigi doesn't wanted to become one with Nox Decious.

* 2. The light behind Luigi caught my eye. In his first dream, the light was completely surrounding Luigi. In the second dream, half light was gone. And it's going out slowly... I think Nox Decious possed him when the light is completely gone. ( That some of the light was gone, could be an accident as well... Rich, did you meant to do that, or was it just an accident? )

Anyways, I can watch this episode over and over again! I watched it today for the third time! What im wondering, ( maybe its just to early to wonder about these things ) when Nox Decious is defeated, again, would he come back? And the darkness? ( I already said, maybe its just to early... )

And here I go again... writing a looong story. Ill stop before its to long!

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:14 am 
Freelancer

Hmmm, that's a good theory you have there, and I think I agree with you. Rich did say that the lighting was like it was in Luigi's dreams were intentional, so I think you're right.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:39 am 
Commentator

AdminAdam wrote:
Well this is where I'm coming from too when I say I don't like how Nox says to Luigi, "Join me, it'll be great!" To me the one thing that make Decious stand out because he's simplistic and stereotypical is his dialogue and when he's says "It'll be great!" That just ruins it a bit for me.

I could be wrong, and maybe it doesn't matter, but I thought he said, "Join me. We could be great."

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:46 am 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
Yeah, and I hope that, when Nox Decious takes over Luigi's mind, he ll be awake and talking with Mario. Then, suddenly, he's got an headace, and the face of Nox Decious is flashing before his eyes. The headace is getting worse, and he start screaming. Then the scene starts I mentioned before.

... That ll be great!!! If that happens, I can watch that episode a billion times! And after the looong explanation there will be a fight, or he will 'dissapear' or do you call it 'teleport away' just like Darkness did when he came to Wario.

I like to make scenes like these, even if there wouldn't be usefull.

Oh, and Rich, when Luigi is possed, you may can use Luigi's voice and Nox Decious his voice at the same time when the possed Luigi talks. Just an idea...

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:13 pm 
Newcomer

Richalvarez wrote:
7. Shadow Mario And Ness do not have a fight, they have a skirmish. I hate movies with too many fights, it makes for bad story development.

Micheal Bay!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:33 pm 
Freelancer

I actually love many fights, it keeps me hooked and wanting for more!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:58 am 
Newcomer

Ness: “I’ll grab a Pepsi and drink to your death!”

I wonder if this is a reference to the concept of Yin and Yang?
The Pepsi logo (from the 90s to 2008) used to look suspiciously like the Taoist Yin Yang symbol.

Yang = Mario (Light)
Yin = Shadow Mario (Dark)

Ness is young and the Pepsi brand is associated with youth. Cola drinks are advertised as if they are the modern day “Fountain of Youth”. Youth being the opposite (Yang) of Death (Yin).

That’s why I found Ness’ comment so funny. Product placement much? It was like anti-advertising. I can’t decide whether Ness is a consumer or a culture jammer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:51 am 
Commentator

Amber wrote:
Ness: “I’ll grab a Pepsi and drink to your death!”

I wonder if this is a reference to the concept of Yin and Yang?
The Pepsi logo (from the 90s to 2008) used to look suspiciously like the Taoist Yin Yang symbol.

Yang = Mario (Light)
Yin = Shadow Mario (Dark)

Ness is young and the Pepsi brand is associated with youth. Cola drinks are advertised as if they are the modern day “Fountain of Youth”. Youth being the opposite (Yang) of Death (Yin).

That’s why I found Ness’ comment so funny. Product placement much? It was like anti-advertising. I can’t decide whether Ness is a consumer or a culture jammer.

Somehow... I don't think there was that much thought put into it. :P

^Thanks ML!^