The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Stupid Mario Brothers - Episode 54
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:18 am 
Newcomer

In season 1, 2 and three DK sounds like a gorilla but now matt are using his wierd vioce. And who played Prof oak in ep54??. How is the main villian and have you guys any plans to write toad in the show?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:35 pm 
Landsman

^ yeah I want toad!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:31 pm 
Newcomer

This episode did a great job of tying up loose ends we saw in the previous two. I was glad to see that Waluigi was written out very understandibly, however sad it will be that he won't be in the rest of the season. I'm glad there was also a little light shed about the reason why the beacon was going to be so important.

The only thing that really made me quite confused was why there still is not really a big direction towards the purpose of the plot - I mean, we know that destroying the beacon was bad, their powers had disappeared, and that they had to figure out how to get their powers back, but why is it that getting their powers back didn't really add to the plot that much? I mean, the way I see it, usually when something like that happens in really good storylines, something else bad sets off/activates because of it.

I guess maybe it will make more sense in further episodes, but there are a ton of questions that have popped inside my head. :P

I really like the writing put into this season, however, lots of funny jokes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:36 am 
Newcomer

I like the in-house jokes.

“This isn’t one of your fantasy movies Mario, this is Real Life.”
Waluigi

This reminded me of “The Liar Paradox”.

I suppose it is “Real Life” if we suspend our disbelief: the characters are meant to be in “The Real World” as opposed to the fantasy world of “The Mushroom Kingdom”.

The problem is that the “Real World” is shown in a scripted movie, so it’s not that “real” at all…or is it? There are real people being filmed. They are pretending to be semi in character, acting like avatars, so it’s kind of a meta-meta-meta…reality or something. I don’t know. The logic of the whole thing seems to loop on itself forever. How many alternate realities can you have coexisting all at once?

The whole thing becomes so self-referential. You know, like that French picture of a pipe that claims not to be a pipe, but actually is just a painting of pipe. It isn't actually real pipe at all. It's just a representation of a pipe pretending that it isn't a pipe. This kind of stuff confuses me.