The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Guidelines For Posting Your Stories
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:12 pm 
Fan Girl

Nah, I think I understood, haha.
The fanfics are from an anime called Record of Lodoss War, it's pretty much unknown for most people :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:17 pm 
Commentator

Celes wrote:
The fanfics are from an anime called Record of Lodoss War, it's pretty much unknown for most people :P

Sometimes, fan work is an excellent way of introducing people to the original work. I found one of my favorite TV shows via a fan mash-up on YouTube. So I hope you are willing to share your work and enlighten us all about this anime you like. :)

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:33 pm 
Fan Girl

Well, the anime is, you know, about fantasy: knights, elfs, wizards, dragons, etc.

It's special for me because is the first one I saw and that was because my friends told me I look like one of the characters.

There are just 13 direct-to-video episodes, and both my fanfics take place AFTER the series ends, that's why I have not posted my stories.

But yeah, why not?

I would've already but since I'm online via Wii I cannot copy/paste the story, so it has to wait :)

... Unless someone do it for me. Since that story is already on Fanfiction.net someone can go there, take the story and post it :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:29 pm 
Novice

Aisling,

I have a question: will I need to tone down my fanfic ahead of time? Some fight scenes include blood and the only cuss words said are "hell" and "damn." Will these need to be changed? Cause if so, no problem, but I was just wondering if violence and profanity were accepted if it's not "wild," if you know what I mean. Please reply back!

ShadowMario82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:26 pm 
Commentator

Having not read your fan fic myself, I cannot make a good call on whether or not it would need to be toned down. The beauty of written art is that each piece needs to be judged for itself and not on a general level.

From your specific descriptions I can give you this: use of the word "hell" is okay. I'd appreciate it if you'd do something with the d-word though like change it to "darn." As for blood, that's probably okay too. It's only if it becomes gory or graphic that it would need to be toned down.

Here's the gist, the fact that you are willing and trying to comply with the rules is enough for me. If you post your story and something needs altered or toned down, I'll either come to you or fix it myself and that'll be that. No worries. :)

Thank you for being willing to enter our little community and share your work with us. I'm looking forward to reading it! :D

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:14 pm 
Novice

Hey Aisling I have to ask you something about my new story. called Da Mario Storah. Is it by anyway breaking the rules? My main cocern would be that sometimes there's a little cussing in it, but its not any of the real bad words and its mostly used for comedic purposes.

The grammar is intentiona, and if you saw my earlier work you would know I wouldn't really post that many grammar problems in a single chapter let alone a whole story. So I wanted to ask if any of these things bothered you and also explain them t have you understand.

But you must have known that already...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:08 am 
Commentator

Veteran_Luigi_Fan wrote:
My main cocern would be that sometimes there's a little cussing in it, but its not any of the real bad words and its mostly used for comedic purposes.

I see that. ... Hmm... Here's my decision. I'm not going to edit it or change it. But I am gently encouraging you to change it. (It's not mandatory.) You're creative enough to come up with the story I believe your creative enough to find an alternate way of expressing yourself. :)

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:19 pm 
Middling

Aisling, I was wondering if I would be able to put a spoof of a song I created on here. It's a spoof of Grenade called Koopa Shell. I changed the song to make it Mario version.

^Both brought to you by ML!^

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:06 pm 
Commentator

YoshiFAn wrote:
Aisling, I was wondering if I would be able to put a spoof of a song I created on here. It's a spoof of Grenade called Koopa Shell. I changed the song to make it Mario version.

Go for it! Just as long as it follows the basic guidelines. :D

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:16 pm 
Commentator

Aisling, what are the guidelines regarding romance in stories? Like, for instance, what's the limit to how far you can go with it? I have a fic I'm posting at the moment where the couple are making out, so I was wondering if that's too far (I've not posted that bit yet though).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:57 am 
Commentator

Master-Sephiroth wrote:
Aisling, what are the guidelines regarding romance in stories? Like, for instance, what's the limit to how far you can go with it? I have a fic I'm posting at the moment where the couple are making out, so I was wondering if that's too far (I've not posted that bit yet though).

This is a bit of a sticky wicket. Basically, keep it PG. No references to *cough* body parts, try to limit specific descriptions, etc. As long as you try for PG, you'll probably be good. If there's anything specifically inappropriate I'll deal with it but chances are, since you care enough to try, you'll do fine.

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:03 pm 
Commentator

Aisling wrote:
This is a bit of a sticky wicket. Basically, keep it PG. No references to *cough* body parts, try to limit specific descriptions, etc. As long as you try for PG, you'll probably be good. If there's anything specifically inappropriate I'll deal with it but chances are, since you care enough to try, you'll do fine.

Alrighty, well when I get round to psoting that bit, you can look it over and edit if need be. Thanks. ;)