The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: St.M.Bros: The Game - Cancelled
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:37 pm 
Intermediate

Hello Forum Community,
It's about time I fully addressed this:

"Stupid Mario Bros: The Game" has officially been cancelled as a project of mine. This is due to two main reasons: First being that I no long have any time to produce this game. Second being that I have been fully ignored in all attempts to receive support (or even a direct acknowledgment) from Richard, which was necessary to fully complete this game (as I am busy with other supported works as well).

My apologizes for having excited such a large group of fans to turn away and give you nothing in the end. I'm not happy having to do this, but I truly can't go ahead with this project any more.

Perhaps at some time when I've finished with all my other supported works I can return to finish this, but until then that's only a guess.

I hope you all understand.
My apologizes again.

Gavin MacLean

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

Post subject: Re: St.M.Bros: The Game - Cancelled
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:33 pm 
Greenhorn

I would've help if I knew how to use game maker. I always tried to use gm, but i have no tutorials.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:44 pm 
Intermediate

It's a shame you don't have the time to work on it, but I commend you for trying anyway. As for the cast's involvement/help in the making, you have to recognize that they probably have lives as busy, if not busier than yours, so they probably have as little time as you do.

Anyway, I understand, and its not like the world is going to end without a SMB game

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:06 pm 
Greenhorn

I just want to make an awesome game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:21 pm 
Newcomer

Thats okay. I was excited but I think that if you were to ever to do this you should restart from scratch.

I played the Demo, it was a GREAT mario game, but not what I'd imagine a Stupid Mario Video game to be like. Goombas and Koopas play like no role in Stupid Mario Bros. It should be like.. I dunno, The Ninjas from season 4, Genome Soldiers or police officers. Also the game should've taken place in a more normal looking place rather than the Mushroom Kingdom where non of Stupid Mario Brothers takes place. Then again it was just a demo and you may have changed everything later once it got more into progress.

Anyways I guess a stupid mario game would have to wait. Sorry to hear about the bad news :(