The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: First Homemade Sig
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:31 am 
Novice

my current sig is a homemade shadow mario sig i made specifically for this site! (who would have thought?) it was my first attempt at creating my own sig without a generator. i found the mario pics online and used GIMP 2.0 to make it. thoughts?

Post subject: Re: First Homemade Sig
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:12 am 
Commentator

I really like it! A lot! If that's your first ever I think you may have a knack for it. Maybe you could open a sig shop here!

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 am 
Fro-fro

That's definitely not bad for your first attempt! Just keep at it, and you'll be a pro in not time, I suggest first is to hone the skills you already have in GIMP and then from their you can experiment with brushes and filters and whatnot once you've got the previous stuff learned like the back of your hand

What I can suggest for the signature you made though, try re-doing it, but neater, the rift effect you made with gradients look cool, but it's not even and looks a tad sloppy, also (and I don't know i you meant for this) but the text seems blurry, and a section at the beginning is cut, so watch out for cut-offs!

I'm also a GIMP user so if you have any questions or just want some tips/opinions on a sig, just shoot a PM my way, and if you wanna see some of my old work for a little inspiration, just clikc on my signature, which was also made by me :D

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:52 am 
Novice

Thanks a bunch! any criticism is good criticism. As for the text, it was meant to be blurry, but i didnt even notice the cutoff. I appreciate the assistance :)

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:38 pm 
Novice

updated: i tweaked it more. changed the background and other stuff. it took me an hour to color the stupid saber -__-