The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: The Course of True Love
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:07 am 
Veteran

Chapter 1

Garrett drooped his head down to the floor. His shaggy bangs covered his face and for a moment, he wanted to let her go. But in his heart, he said no. There was a chance she still loved him. Yes, she had treated him badly, made him someone he wasn't, ignored him a few times even. It was something he couldn't ever do. He couldn't ever let go of a girl, never able to risk the chance of breaking a heart. He wasn't that kind of man. Nights like this was just a test of his faith, right? Where he couldn't get a word from her? He seemed to be swimming circles in his head. Just one text, one phone call, an email, something. A message that nothing was wrong, that he could stop worrying and maybe...a love you. Did he truly love her from the depths of his soul? He believed so...but was it true love? The flashback of that one day years ago...where his heart was shattered...it haunted him even now. He didn't want that to happen to him again. Yes, he loved Autumn, but she love him back? So far, this relationship didn't seem any different. He had put his feelings on the line, got feelings back in return, but was it truly love for her too?

It didn't appear that way. That hanged out and talked like a normal couple. A routine he had gotten use to, yet he wanted more. A signal that this was true for her as well. All he got in return was missed calls and many nights where he wondered about her. He sighed in deeply, could this be another one of her games? Sometimes she did play hard to get. It wasn't getting any better or worse. Garrett was in a rough place, in limbo. He wanted to tell her the three magic words. He was just so afraid he wouldn't get it back. They hadn't even kissed after dating 4 months. Who does that? None of his guy friends were like that with their girl. He remembered how Cole told him of his first kiss. His best friend had been going out with this redhead, Gracie. After two weeks, they kissed. Garrett had been at Cole's place at the time.

"Dude, you'll never believe what happened." They had been on the couch, playing a regular game of Call of Duty.

Garrett glanced over at Cole, eyebrow raised. "What?"

"I kissed Gracie."

Garrett pressed the pause button, not wanting to lose. "You're kidding me! That's awesome, man!"

"Tell me about it! I was so nervous..but I wanted to kiss her. She's just so beautiful, you know?" He grinned, pride showing on his face. "Didn't wanna get distacted, huh?"

Garrett glanced at the screen. "No way, dude! You know how you can kick my butt!"

That was at least a month before him and Autumn got together. Cole was happy for Garrett when he called him up, telling his bud he finally found a girl. He hadn't dated someone since junior year in high school. They both graduated together, that was 2 years ago though. The rollercoaster of life kept happening, ups and downs every day. When Autumn came into his life, he knew she was something different. Now..she was making him different. He didn't mind doing things she liked to do, listening to her and actually going though with the stuff she said. Four months had passed by and it was wearing Garrett out.

Now, in his room, the thoughts had come to this: was she worth keeping? Lately, all he wanted was to get out of this relationship. But..how would he find love again? It was hard enough just finding a girl! He knew he had to make a decision soon. With the remaining silence...the loneness he felt at the moment...everything felt numb inside. This just didn't feel right. As if there was something out there better. Someone better, maybe the girl he had dreamed about. It hadn't been Autumn, she didn't look like her. She didn't have the curly brunette hair or the clear blue eyes. The soft voice of an angel he had heard. Or the kindness she had given him when she gave him a place to stay. In the dream, the fire had happen again. But in the midst of all this chaos, a girl came into his sight. He still remembered the dream perfectly to this day.

"Please, come in. Let me help you." She reached out her hand.

"Thank you." He took it, staring straight into her beautiful eyes.

She smiled sweetly. "No problem."

When he woke up, he wanted to meet this girl. She was caring, so beautiful, he had to find her. He kept hoping she'd show up in his life, but he hadn't seen her yet. What if this was a sign? That Autumn wasn't the one? Not his soulmate, not his love? That this mystery girl, the girl in his dream, was the one? If so, he had to find her. To have her as his alone. He reached for his cell in his pocket.

He heard a ring after he had dialed Autumn's number. After a couple rings he heard a soft hello.

"Hey, Autumn? We need to talk."

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: The Course of True Love
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:47 pm 
Veteran

Author's Note: Each chapter is from a different viewpoint from our two main characters

Chapter 2

Sophie stared out the cold dreary window. It had been raining for days, not only outside but in her soul. Things hadn't been as great as they use to be. She missed the days when her best friend hadn't died, that she was still in love and she could say she was a straight A student. Her grades had gone down the toilet when her depression took over. When the blues hit her, she just didn't feel like doing homework. Some days she couldn't even hold her head up. She looked down at the ground as she walked, her curls hiding her face. Her shoelaces untied, socks not matching, showing up to school in pajama pants. All she ever did anymore was roll out of bed and come to school as she was. She was in senior year now, only a few months left to go. Would she even finish though? Doubts flew, rumors rolled around and whispers flooded her ears. No sympthy was given to her as Krista died. Everyone knew she was Sophie's only friend. Now, she was alone in the pit of doom.

Now she walked slowly through the hall, trying to dodge from the traffic. But then right there, someone bashed her into a locker. Her eye going into the door first, her shoulder knocking against the frame hard. She fell down to the ground, dropping everything she had in her hands. Papers spread wings, book covers sprang open and her backpack just fell down. Her hand automatically went to her face and she cried in pain. Who had done that? Some guys laughed at her, she wanted to lash out at them, but she couldn't because of the pain. A cut had formed at the edge of her eye. Blood dripped on the floor. She lifted up her hand to see the red liquid. It sploshed down on her paper.

One thing was for sure, if Krista was here, she wouldn't have let this happen. Her only ally, friend, comrade, sister...was gone. The only thing that made it worse was the school didn't even do anything for her. Like Sophie, she had been a lone shadow. That shadow had left Sophie's side. But she needed Krista more then ever. Wasn't she up in heaven looking down at her? Wouldn't she be protected? Instead, the cruel cracks at her soul were harder. They threw a whip at her emotions and she couldn't take it anymore. It wasn't right.

She stumbled up to her feet, trying to walk. No one came to aid her. If she could just make it to the stairs, down the ramp and to the nurse's office, she might be ok. She didn't know if her eye socket has bruised or broken, but her eye was bleeding. She was probably going to have a black eye for weeks. After two steps, she just fell onto the floor. Then, she faded into the blackness, unknowing what happened to her.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:44 pm 
Veteran

Chapter 3

Sophie slowly opened her eyes. She looked to see she was in the back of a car. How'd she had gotten there she had no clue. Lifting her head slowly, she saw her brother Eric behind the wheel. She gripped the back seat and slowly sat up. Eric glanced at her in the rearview mirror.

"Hey sis you ok now?" He spoke softly. Since Krista's death, he had never raised his voice at Sophie. It was a change from the constant yelling. He knew how hard the death was on Sophie. Her and Krista were as tight as two cherries.

"Yeah. Did you pick me up? The last thing I remember is passing out." She could feel a slight tingle of pain.

"I was called and I came. What happened?" He sounded worried.

"I was trying to walk to class when someone threw me into a locker. My eye went straight into the door. I guess there was a crack or something. I don't know exactly how it happened. All I remember mostly is that and the pain. I tried to get help, but I passed out."

"You were still out when I got to the school. It must've hit your head too. I don't think you'd be out that long just for your eye." He sighed. "I'm worried about you. This bullying has not stopped since Krista died. You've getting punchs left and right it seems. I'm almost determined to homeschool you, but I doubt that would help. You've been so lonely. You need a new friend."

"Someone to replace Krista?!"

"No. No, no one could ever replace her. She was a special girl, to you and to me. Every step she took, she left sunshine in it's place. I don't understand why no one did anything for her. In her memory, I mean. It just wasn't right." He looked at her through the mirror again.

"No, it wasn't."

They slowly pulled into their driveway. Sophie was glad to be home. She doubted she would go anywhere tonight. Sleep was waiting for her. The only comforting place anymore was dreamland. She hoped to reach that peaceful place as she walked into their home.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 pm 
Veteran

Garrett woke the next morning, the night before a little blurry. He remembered calling Autumn and telling her how he felt. The end result ended up with them breaking up. She yelled at him, telling him he was just a waste of time anyways. But, it was him who had believed that about her. A weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He rolled out of bed, his hair sprawled everywhere, his head a bomb about to explode, feeling groggy and needing a cup of coffee. Glancing at his alarm clock, he had fifteen minutes to get ready for work. If he was lucky he wouldn’t be late.

He went into the kitchen to be greeted by his chocolate lab, Puffy. He laughed, thinking of the day his baby sister came up with his name. He was a chocolate lab and Abby loved cocoa puffs. She also giggled and said he was puffy like a pillow. He hung his head low as he poured his coffee. It had only been six months since Abby died. Her absence didn’t make things easy for him. He remembered the day she died so perfectly, a movie constantly streaming in his head. He and Abby both moved out when they turned 18. Turned away by neglective parents, it was easy to leave. They hardly acknowledged Garrett’s or Abby’s presence.

He had come home that day from work. Usually, Abby was already off her job, sitting on the couch. She’d be watching one of her favorite shows and have room for Garrett. But that afternoon, Garrett came to an empty house. That was the first sign something was wrong, deadly wrong. Abby was always there, every day. It made him to feel good to see her smile after a long day. He called her cell phone, but it went straight to voicemail. So, he called the place where she worked. That was when Garrett was stuck with the hard news. One of her friends had seen the whole thing. Abby gone on her break and was going to the gas station. They had been robbed and the guy was shooting anyone in sight. Three people had died that day.

Now.. everything began to crumble again. Abby had been the rock in his life. They kept each other up because their parents never cared. When she became 18 a year after him, she begged to come live at his house. He couldn’t have said no to her. Why would he turn his sister away? The memories started flooding in, a washer in his mind. The whole time he’d be at work, the memory of her would be haunting him. The ghost stalking his every move. He cracked a short laugh, knowing Abby would follow him like Puffy. He petted his dog, grateful he wasn’t completely alone.

“I have to go, boy. But don’t worry. I’ll be back.”

He walked out the door, the wind blowing through his hair. He thought of the old proverb: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. “That is why it is called the present.” If only he knew the gift he would receive today. If Garrett knew, then he wouldn’t fall in love with the girl of his dreams.

ImageImage