The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Beam Swords
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:09 pm 
Storyteller

Right then:

AdminAdam wrote:

Mario's Blue = Faux Black Widow Blade
Real Black Widow Blade > Faux Black Widow Blade
3 Regular Beam Swords = The Nether Saber
The Nether Saber = Real Black Widow Blade
Real Black Widow Blade < or = Dark Emerald Blade
therefore
The Nether Saber < or = Dark Emerald Blade

there's adam's math for quick and easy access

My Question: The beam's core reflects its user, that is StMB cannon. Now then, the color, or "aura" around the beam...i know the colors were to match the user (Waluigi's purple, Luigi's green) but i was sort of hoping they had a different meaning...could it be that the colour represents the "type" of person they are? E.X. Mario's blue because of his brave and boldness, luigi's green because of his occasional cowardice...Could ya help a fella out?

Last edited by Cap on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Beam Sabres
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:47 pm 
Site Admin

Cap wrote:
i decided to call them sabres because there not light sabres yet they aren't beam swords...sooo...yea

Right then:

AdminAdam wrote:

therefore

there's adam's math for quick and easy access

My Question: The beam's core reflects its user, that is StMB cannon. Now then, the color, or "aura" around the beam...i know the colors were to match the user (Waluigi's purple, Luigi's green) but i was sort of hoping they had a different meaning...could it be that the colour represents the "type" of person they are? E.X. Mario's blue because of his brave and boldness, luigi's green because of his occasional cowardice...Could ya help a fella out?

Well you can call them what you want but they're called Beam Swords by cannon. Also, I think you misspelled sabers.

A beam sword's core reflects the user. White if they're truly good and Black if they're truly bad. The Color of the Beam Sword's glow depends on the design of the beam sword. Each beam sword is made to glow a certain color. Like Waluigi's beam sword was made by him to glow purple. It doesn't matter who's wielding it, the glow will remain purple even if the core changes.

This isn't cannon but I think when constructing their beam swords, Mario chose the color blue because it was the color of good and Wario chose to make his red because it was more of an evil color. Luigi and Waluigi just chose to make their beam swords reflect their favorite coloring and Mario and Wario eventually obtained sabers that were their own color.

Post subject: Re: Beam Swords
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:46 am 
Forum Gamer

AdminAdam wrote:

therefore

Just wondering, how can the nether saber be equal to or weaker than another saber if it always wins in a fight?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:11 am 
Freelancer

That's what I was wondering, and I think that's flaw there. Also, Adam, another flaw in your math that I noticed is that 3 other beam swords DOESN'T = The Nether Saber. Rich said it once, a long time ago in a post. He said if Wario would've kept on fighting, he would've won. No beam sword can equal the power of the Nether Saber unless it were built to do just that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:47 pm 
Site Admin

Wii Master 64 wrote:
That's what I was wondering, and I think that's flaw there. Also, Adam, another flaw in your math that I noticed is that 3 other beam swords DOESN'T = The Nether Saber. Rich said it once, a long time ago in a post. He said if Wario would've kept on fighting, he would've won. No beam sword can equal the power of the Nether Saber unless it were built to do just that.

Exactly, Wario was so powerful that if he kept on fighting he would've won. But when Mario, Luigi, and Waluigi all attacked him at once they over powered the Nether Saber with their 3 sabers; therefore, what I said still applies.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:22 am 
Freelancer

AdminAdam wrote:
Wii Master 64 wrote:

Exactly, Wario was so powerful that if he kept on fighting he would've won. But when Mario, Luigi, and Waluigi all attacked him at once they over powered the Nether Saber with their 3 sabers; therefore, what I said still applies.

See, I thought that by power, that it meant that you had a likelier chance of winning, which with the Nether Saber, you never lose. So, if you can't lose, then it's clearly the most powerful, it doesn't really matter if he got shoved over by 3 beam swords. If Waluigi wouldn't have said anything, Wario could've just cut their legs off and killed them all. That's the kind-of criteria I'm basing it off of.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:07 am 
Site Admin

Wii Master 64 wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:
Wii Master 64 wrote:

See, I thought that by power, that it meant that you had a likelier chance of winning, which with the Nether Saber, you never lose. So, if you can't lose, then it's clearly the most powerful, it doesn't really matter if he got shoved over by 3 beam swords. If Waluigi wouldn't have said anything, Wario could've just cut their legs off and killed them all. That's the kind-of criteria I'm basing it off of.

Actually I don't think that The Nether Saber will always in at combat. That was the explanation to how it could kill Nox Decious said by Johnny Cyclops in Episode 27. Later in Episode 40, Merlin states that the Nether Saber was able to kill Decious because it was made of the things he loved in life and that's how it could defeat him. Now I think Merlin knows more then Johnny Cyclops but I'm going to need Rich to support my assumption.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:37 am 
Freelancer

Yeah, we'll just have to wait on Rich to post the truth.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:20 pm 
Freelancer

Here is my updated picture of Mr. L:

Attachments:
File comment: This is what I think the Dark Emerald Blade will look like.
Mr0000.JPG
Mr0000.JPG [ 68.36 KiB | Viewed 1958 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:21 pm 
Novice

Cap wrote:

If the color reflected the user, wouldn't it also change when someone else picked up the saber?

I don't think there's any special significance to the colors. Mario's sword was originally blue for the same reason that Wario's sword was originally red -Richie was parodying Star Wars. When seasons 2 and 3 came out and he decided to make the Beam Swords more relevant to the plot, he dropped the parody so that the character's weapons could match their signature colors.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:24 pm 
Storyteller

that is a good explination sothe, thank you but i am more apt to adam's explination of they built the saber's themselves

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:51 pm 
Role Player

therefore

Adam wow I'm surprised I saw a few mistakes in your math let me give you my theory.

Mario's Blue < Faux Black Widow Blade -because it was so strong The Nether Saber killed Nox
3 Regular Beam Swords < 1/2 The Nether Saber - Waluigi told Wario about being a Chosen One so Wario stopped
therefore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:43 pm 
Freelancer

I quite like Beam Swords. They're not rip offs of Lightsabers. I wish I could wield the Nether Saber. :coolmario: I also like how at first Mario and Warios beam swords represented if they're good or bad (red & blue) but the it changed to their signature colours.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:25 am 
Newcomer

Not so much a Rip off as an Homage. Lightsabers are such a basic and simple idea for a weapon. A Laser weapon with a beam of light or laser for a Blade. it's been used so many times in other media and smash bros itself even that it seems to fit the idea of having it in stupid Mario bros. Quite nicely. If it's a rip off of a Lightsaber ,who really cares? Lightsabers are pretty awesome weapons.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:09 pm 
Newcomer

Sothe wrote:

I don't think there's any special significance to the colors. Mario's sword was originally blue for the same reason that Wario's sword was originally red -Richie was parodying Star Wars. When seasons 2 and 3 came out and he decided to make the Beam Swords more relevant to the plot, he dropped the parody so that the character's weapons could match their signature colors.

I agree if you look at some of the things that happen in the series it is clearly a scene from star wars. And there are a few things from lord of the rings.

Forever a fan girl of MGS....