The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Pac-Man: The Yellow Knight
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:39 pm 
Newcomer

good for you :awesome: :notawesome: :grr: :coolmario:

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:18 am 
Cast Member: Ash

Quote:
Yeah, WhiteMage is right. That is what I was referring to. I didn't realize that not everyone considered that particular word a swearword.

To tell you the truth I didn't really think about it. I thought it just fit with the tone. Hey, if you can say it on these forums without getting it auto-changed to "hot dogs" or something I guess it's not THAT bad.

Anyway, thank you for the in depth critique I really do appreciate it. But I do agree with Adam, the video was a double parody - the content and dialogue was a parody of Pac-Man while the style it was presented in was a parody of the recent Batman movies. So if you haven't seen The Dark Knight, the way that Julian and Richie portrayed their characters probably flew right over your head. I recommend you see it, it's not half bad.

The small clip at the end was, indeed, a bit "Randumb" as Adam so cleverly put it - but that is mainly because I did write it and hey I can't help but write things like myself. The opinion portrayed was indeed my own but it was also that of Richie, Julian and Jacqueline (mostly Jacqueline, if you haven't seen her YouTube page you may not know that Watchmen is and will most likely remain her most favorite film of all time) so the clip was not entirely spawned by my brain. If you haven't seen Watchmen either, I would also highly recommend it (although if you found the word "basterd" offensive) you may need to wait a few years before you do watch it, hahaha...

Anyway, if you read my post in some other section of this forum you will recall me saying that I was going to be changing the way we make movies here at Richalvarez and this is as good an example I can give you - a lot of the films from now on will have a similar feel as Pac-Man: The Yellow Knight - a variety of video game related shorts mixed with interactive adventures and music videos. We are continually striving towards making it so you (the viewer) doesn't know what is coming up next, keeping you on the edge and keeping you coming back for more.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback, it makes me feel very welcome to the inner workings of the channel.

Last edited by iGottaCatchThemAll on Fri May 14, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:40 am 
Fan Girl

Well, I like it. And if you're making more like that, I can't wait.

... and I don't mind the 'swearing', hahaha

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:11 am 
Forum Gamer

I don't know about what you guyses are talkin aboot, I just thought it was a nice, funny parody.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:30 am 
Creator

Watchmen Rocked My Socks! Very Great and BEST Super Hero movie!

This (The Pac-Man vid) is perhaps the most satisfied I've been with a video since "Smells Like Bowser" Which was also filmed by Dane OVER 2 YEARS AGO!!!

Dane Wrote, Directed, Filmed, And Edited this Video. And Guess what, I didn't miss doing any of those things.

Dane Wrote this sketch in record time, it would have taken me days to conceptualize and write this sketch, and My version would have only been half as good. Plus i don't like writing as much as I used to.

Dane's Directing style is very direct lol, he knows what he wants to see, and he knows what we are capable of doing. He knows how to take advantage or our strengths. It makes Filming a breeze. My style of Directing is the opposite, I try to get people to Act certain ways, even if they don't think they can do it, and when they cant Chris usually has to apologize to them and then he helps direct in a way that makes them more comfortable lol. I really would like to improve as a director, but right now Dane has Sketch Directing down flat, so I'm glad he'll be directing a lot of the stuff on the channel.

Danes Filming was superb in the video, the light and shadows expressed were excellent. he used My camera which has good stability in low light and it gave it a very cinematic feel. I can't wait to explore this more.

Dane has Mastered Comedic editing and Timing. At first I was the one who gave him the software and told him how to use it, but I'm constantly finding myself copying his editing techniques, I believe he has surpassed me in this are as well lol. The only thing I can do that he can't is make light sabers, which I hate making, go figure.

As I have Told Dane in the past, i really want to focus on my acting, I would like to improve so that I have a wider range of acting ability. This wasn't a hard role, as i make fun of Christian Bale daily, but it was refreshing to be able to fully focus on Acting.

With Dane Doing a great Job at what he's doing it puts me in more of an "Executive Producer" type of role, where i basically say what I like and don't like, I like this a lot lol.

Don't worry, I'll be more involved with the upcoming Mario projects, but Dane is a godsend and I'm really liking this new Collaboration. He's already got a great idea for a new skit and i can't wait to make it.

As A side not I also plan on writing for His channel as well lol. "Meanwhile In Japan" Is being penned By Julian and Myself. Expect it on Randumb prod if Dane Likes The Script.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:59 am 
Site Admin

As for the whole Watchmen VS The Dark Knight thing in terms of the movie alone The Dark Knight wins it for me. It's a better constructed superhero film and because it was loosely based off of the comics, there was no telling exactly what was going to happen next. Watchmen had a better script but that's mainly because it's source is the greatest graphic novel of all time. I saw the movie after finishing the graphic novel and although it did rock my socks, it wasn't completely faithful to the graphic novel (note my opinion may be skewed because I don't have the $140 or 3.5 hours to see it in it's entirety). The Dark Knight wasn't based off of one source (besides the script) and the pointers that it did get from comic books it mixed up so even the hardcore fans were surprised.

Like I have stated, my opinion on The Dark Knight may be bias and corrupting. Two of my favorite genres of movies are Superhero/ Vigilante and Fantasy. Two of the things I look for in a movie are Realism and the Supernatural. Dr. Manhattan made Watchmen Supernatural but him alone took away from the realism for me. Avatar, which I rank as a pretty good but not incredible film, Was far from realistic (but ranking it as that I found it all believable) but the elements were very natural opposed to supernatural. Iron Man, haven't even seen the first one yet so my stance here may not be accurate, is not very realistic but it tries to be if that makes sense. Transformers KNOWS it's not realistic and doesn't try to be which works for me. The Dark Knight in my book is 90% realistic because nothing in the movie is too far-fetched for me. If you take a scene and put it into modern day situations then, yes, it may be over-the-top but if you were to line everything up like at the start of Batman Begins then it is very possible. This is why I love this movie, it is amazing yet totally probable.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:31 pm 
Cast Member: Ash

1. Thank you Richie for that ego-boosting post. Haha, I'm glad you liked what I have contributed so far, I'm hoping it continues for both you and our audience.

2. Watchmen is mainly realistic in it's approach to what the world would do if we won in Vietnam and Nixon was elected a third term and superheros existed. Given, this is not a realistic plot to begin with but IF it did happen, the movie accurately portrays how the world would deal with the situation. Dr. Manhatton was the most unrealistic thing about that movie but it added an unorthodox feel that I enjoyed. If his abilities and appearance was unbelievable, his character and the way he acted around normal humans was very believable and that made up for it. I am all about realism but I also like to be entertained by impressive situations and plotlines which is difficult to mix and Watchmen certainly achieved that for me.
The film also got a bad wrap for exposing some blue genitalia. But somehow it's okay for Bruno to swing his junk around in full frame. Then it's hilarious. God I hate simpleminded gimmicks... anyway most people who liked Watchmen told me they didn't even notice that his comedy stick was exposed until halfway through the movie so I guess if it sticks out to you THAT much to where it takes away from the rest of the brilliant film - then you should get your maturity level checked and watch Shrek 3 instead.

That's my rant, hope you liked it. Haha NOW back on topic, sorry.

Edit - Hahahaha the word p3nis was changed to comedy stick, that's hilarious Adam. Nice.

Last edited by iGottaCatchThemAll on Fri May 14, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:33 pm 
Fan Girl

Wich means........... The Yellow Kinght is a win?

For me it is.

And yeah, the costumes were excelent.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:09 pm 
Creator

Hah, Its funny how people are arguing, Jackie said "Watchmen was Better" But she was comparing it to "The Yellow Knight" Not "The Dark Knight". But I guess people understood our inside Joke lol.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:48 pm 
Newcomer

it was only a matter of time before richie incorporated that famed pac-man hat into a vid. im just glad it was done so well. then again, Dane has always been good at directing. and seriously, that christian bale voice was spot on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:14 am 
Freelancer

Lol! Funniest video of a parody of a Batman film ever. I know how you could make a full movie with this. Have four bed sheets died in each colors of each ghost with eye holes cut out. But Richie, "Watchmen"?! Why would anyone think that movie was good? That movie sucked dots. Sorry, but just had to get that off my chest after reading your posts on this topic. With that out of the way, I give this video 10 power dots out of 10.