The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Operation Blind Storm: Offical Video Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:18 pm 
Commentator

The Stupid Mario Brothers Saga continues in this comical, action packed adventure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl4M8AUwQTU

I give this 10/10 fans cheering for a new SMB special.

Discuss! Why wouldn't you, it's a new SMB special!

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

Post subject: Re: Operation Blind Storm: Offical Video Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:44 pm 
Johnny Mushroom Guru

I loved.

I was the landlord btw.

GO GUEST STAR!!
=D

10/10

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:55 pm 
Mediate

Good Job MC!!! XD

10/10

It made me realize how much I missed this!!! =D

^_^

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:13 pm 
Freelancer

I say 10/10 for sure.

I was like Holy S***! They are powerless! I thought the Darkness was coming back when that light was shot. I can't believe they set a wait period to September. What am I going to do for the rest of the summer. They must be making a season 4.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:28 pm 
Mediate

SO! YEAH! STUFF!

I don't have much to say besides really liked Merlin's entrance. The black gloved shoulder on the hand probably tricked a few people. I know it tricked me.

So yeah 9/10 for being an annoyingly short transition episode-thingy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:57 pm 
Newcomer

AWESOME! 10/10!

But now we need to get down to the losing their powers fact.
I think the heroes will need their powers back, because of these reasons..

1. In the first place Nox Decious and The Darkness who were the main villains came from THE REAL WORLD! Which means there are wizards and people who have powers that aren't from the video game world. Also The Darkness said only video game characters that live or came to the Real World would loose their powers. So if I'm correct people like Merlin or any other magical character from the real world will be able to keep their powers.

2. Why would Merlin want to prevent Snake from destroying the orb? If there were going to be no more villains in the Real World and they don't have their powers I don't think Merlin would make a big deal about it. But Merlin would want them to keep their powers if there was a powerful villain in the real world. Also why won't we ever see him again?

3. Shadow Mario is one of the smartest villains of all time. I think he would know that the heroes don't mind losing their powers. Also why would he gloat about being dead?

4. Just instinct.

P.S. I LOVE EVIL DANE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:03 pm 
Role Player

omg being tired and watching this makes it like 10000% more funnier than what it would be normally.

anyways I laughed my freaking butt off so hard at the death metal part. I nearly died of laughter. Along with the Owl City spoof. xD
Loved the serious part but it wasn't so serious....if you know what I mean. I also liked the fact that they did the whole, "Why toads and not Wario and Waluigi?" deal.

and i'm taking a quick guess that the next installment will be on September 16th? thats 90 days from now (not counting today) and its in September. :D yay predictions.

anyways 9.9/10

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:50 pm 
Newcomer

Location: In front of my computer watching Stupid Mario Brothers
I gotta say, Let the Goombas hit the floor really made me laugh.
I really hope you do a real JMK music video for the whole thing.

But really, great job guys!
I'm excited for September! :D

Just kinda sad that I don't have anything to look forward to, this summer. Hahaha!

Can't wait! <3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:03 pm 
Freelancer

Pretty nice! When the Darkness told them that they lost their powers, and then they were happy about it, it reminded me of that guy in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door that gives you the paper airplane power-up and such.

Anyways, 9.5/10. The description said that it would be action packed, but it didn't live up to my expectations in that respect.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:14 pm 
Commentator

Great! Little @$$pulls and great humor. Hope there is more!

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:43 pm 
Forum Gamer

All I can say is that Evil Dane is badass.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:51 pm 
Freelancer

That was so funny with the hardcore song the Mario Brothers were singing.
Super Mario Bros. Wii at the beginning.
Evil Dane
The power source in the barn.
The characters losing their powers
The Landlord
Daisy: Clean up your mess!

This was pretty exciting! Can't wait for what comes next in September!

11/10 stars!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:39 pm 
Commentator

Okay I would love to be all positive about this video and such but then my job as a critic would be useless. So Im going to do my best to review both sides of the story here...

First on a positive I found this video living up to the majority of fan expectations.(and Dane you silly squirtle you lied to us Ash DID appear) Richie pulled a risky move making people wait so long but at the same time it built up expectation to a mountanous level. I found myself presently surprised at the way fans held on to the last second(even old fans who continued to claim it was not going to be released on time) When the video finally appeared I can imagine many a fan throwing their special mario hats up in the in rejoicement. I know I did!

Okay but now we get down to the core of it all...the question was it worth the wait? In my mind it could be split opinion. While I thought it was worth it I also find myself feeling a deep hole in the pit of my stomach as if something were missing.

Operation Blind Storm brought back that old humor that makes Richalvarez so classic!(And im not being sarcastic here I really did myself laughing hard in many of the scenes)They even managed to include a BURP joke! The humor was increased 10 fold with the addition of the "new character" EVIL DANE. It managed to bring back memories of the first few seasons in a rather humerous setting. That being said however I thought the JMK scene took away slightly from the main plot of OBS which may or may not of been negative to the overall storyline. Any fan of the SMB series knows that JMK plays an important role in the characterization of the series by bringing out Mario/Luigis more "fun" side. However in OBS it seemed to almost pull away from the personality of the two. Of course this is just my opinion.

Okay so beyond the humourous parts of OBS there was indeed alot less action then expected. There was a good amount of drama sandwiched in scenes but not quite enough in my mind to keep the plot rolling. There wasnt really a time that screamed "battle" to me although I forgive Richie for the lack of extra graphics.(would of taken another 10 weeks had he added in any additional lightsaber footage) I still kinda wanted to see another sports duel between the characters. Still the final scene around the "power source" left me feeling a sense of tension and it really heated up with the edition of my favorite villian the darkness.(I love psychopaths they are so much fun to watch) The whole part with Ness fainting got me wondering if the darkness had truly been destroyed...

Okay so weve come to my final two notes. I noticed that there were two things truly lacking i this video. These things can probably be overlooked as they dont really matter that much in the overall storyline. Still Im making it a point to bring them up here. First: MUSIC!!! Alot of the music in OBS was either repeat or so short it was overlooked. I really missed the old "get up offa your feet and dance" music. Headbanging is all well and good but techno and game themes is where its at! If I would have to make a suggestion I would suggest the use of the song "sandstorm" in an upcoming video(if there ever is one this seemed like Rich wanted it to be a one shot deal) The second thing that I felt was missing the lack of a true "running gag"(you can take that literally if you feel so inclined) The running jokes were so subtle I hardly noticed them (the two instances I saw them was in the breaking of the fourth wall "newcomer EVIL DANE" and the pokeball joke at the end) The classic gags were missing. I was disappointed to see no mention of UPS and no true fourth wall breaking. I believe this may of been to a lack of time and as such I must commend the directors for their efforts to fit so much in a short time span! Overall the missing pieces were so small that they can be glanced over.

Again this is only my opinion so I apologize if my view offends anyone. Such is the job of a critic. Overall 3.5 stars out of five from me for good overall content and original work. Thats it thank you for taking the time to read my review!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:45 pm 
Cast Member: Ash

I will now present my post in the form of a list of facts.

FACTS:

1. StMB: Operation Blind Storm was a huge collaborative effort on Richie, Chris and my part. Since Chris got out of school for the summer literally ONE WEEK before OBS was scheduled to come out we decided to risk it all and wait until he was completely free of his school responsibilities before we started to work on it. And so: this entire video (script, filming, editing, EVERYTHING) was accomplished over the course of one week. Here is the order in which we did everything:

Friday: Wrote the script
Saturday: Wrote and finished up the script
Sunday: Filmed from 12:00pm till 1:30am
Monday: Recorded songs
Tuesday: Gathered required props
Wednesday: Filmed the rest of the video and edited until the dead of the night until we couldn't stay awake any longer
Thursday: Finished editing until late at night again and finally finished with the final touches
Friday: Uploaded (took nearly 5 hours as it was a huge HD file)

All three of us were involved in every single aspect of this movie the entire time. So when you look at what we were able to accomplish under pressure AND at the last second, I'd say we did pretty well considering we started from scratch.

2. A lot of people are "confused" about what September means. I thought it would be quite obvious: the next Stupid Mario video will be released in September. The exact day is TBD. It will be a completely separate affair from Operation Blind Storm. It is not a sequel. That's all I can say.

3. "The Darkness" is now officially dead. We can now truly say that he will not be making a comeback, ever. The same goes for Nox Descious and Merlin. We decided that those characters have no reason to be in the series any more since the entire group of Nintendo characters are completely human and have no chance against those types of bad guys. The reason behind these abrupt disappearances will be officially unexplained. Deal with it! :-D

4. The reason the next big Stupid Mario video is set to come out so far away is because we have so many other things to focus on in the next month. You will most likely see what I mean in a few weeks. We have been commissioned to do something way bigger than anything any of us have ever done and we will not be passing it up. But when we come back from doing said project, I can promise you all right now: come September you will not be let down at all. We have something completely different and very cool planned for the future of StMB.

5. Evil Dane is in fact taken from this video: http://www.youtube.com/danethebrain and can be credited as the sole creation of Julian Petruzzelli as part of his wacky Smashing Stuff show.

6. We are working on the bloopers tonight. I am actually late for heading over to Richie's house because I'm typing so much. So you can expect those pretty soon.

Thanks for reading. Please ask any more questions, I'd be happy to help you!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:49 pm 
Commentator

Brilliant on so many levels. That's what I have to say about this one. I mediated on it all day and I have watched it a total of three times already. And honestly, you guys are getting better and better all the time.

The thing about OBS that really caught my attention was that this one was so very visually beautiful. The visual continuity was excellent. The use of a new location was refreshing. And the whole scene with the blue light was just gorgeous. This is definitely one of RMA's visually best.

Also, I can't go without commenting on the acting.
Tim's acting has improved by leaps and bounds. In fact, he had several lines that were amazingly delivered. When Snake asked what would happen if the energy activated, Ness responded, “Something really bad.” The delivery of that line was hilarious. It floored my sister. Then the, “I'm not going to destroy it. You are,” was so perfect; dramatic but slightly understated. And then the way he shouted, “Do it!” just before Snake fired was such a great culmination of the tensions that the dialog had been building. He so rarely raises his voice and then there was suddenly so much power and emotion in the shout that it was startling. High five Tim.

Then of course there's Julian's acting. As always, he's spot on and perfect. Every line was delivered so believably. I so enjoy all of the characters Julian plays just because I love watching his performances.

Matt has really perfected the art of transitioning between funny and serious. The Yoshi bit was an excellent example. Even though one moment Wario was silly and the next moment dead-serious it wasn't hard to believe I was watching the same character.

As for specific moments in the film, Luigi headbanging was one of the highlights. Looked like Chris was going to lose his hat there for a moment. :P

Then the New Super Mario Bros. at the beginning was excellent. Having played through that game with my siblings, I really got a kick out of the inter-character bickering. Especially Wario throwing Waluigi in the pit. Been there, done that.

And then there's when Ash appeared. Sheer genius. Especially when he got hit by the pokeball square in the eye. It was really funny but I hope it didn't hurt, Dane. Still, to whoever threw that pokeball ... nice shot. :D

The only negative thing I have to say: I've been resisting commenting about it for awhile, telling myself it isn't important. But ... there's this stain on Wario's shirt by his shoulder... I'm not obsessive compulsive I swear. It's that it's a red stain and the human eye is attracted to the color red. So the spot is creating a distracting focal point. If you guys wanted to, it should be easy to fix with a little dollop of yellow acrylic paint. (I know. I've fixed shirts that way before.)

Oh yeah, and Waluigi's cameo was great.

P.S. An addition after reading Dane's post: ...You guys are amazing. Scripting and completing the whole thing in a week is just ... Wow. And putting yourself under that stress so Chris could be completely involved just pushed you guys up a notch on my respect list. As a fellow filmmaker who has worked on time constraint stress, I salute you. I must say, it really doesn't show in the final project and that's an accomplishment to be proud of.

^Thanks ML!^