The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Operation Blind Storm: Offical Video Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:05 pm 
Commentator

whoa,...haven't given a review of something in a while. Okay, here goes nothin'

OP: Blind Storm at the beginning first struck me as "OH, BOY!!! THIS IS GONNA BE COMEDY GOLD!!" (I like New Super Mario Bros. Wii...) And when plot struck, it just dissapointed me. Although OP: Blind Stom had numerous hilarious parts such as Ash at the end and the JMK Music, however the majority of the video seemed to be drama. My personal preference is neither Action or Comedy, but to me it cannot be both. I wont say that OP: Blind Storm was bad, because it wasn't. It was fantastic in fact. It just wasn't what I was expecting.

And for that, i give Operation Blind Storm 9/10 Goombas hitting the floor (did someone use that one yet?)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:53 am 
Commentator

Are you guys gonna release a music-video about the Goombas-song or not?! Or do you guys have any specific ideas about other music-videos?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:01 am 
Freelancer

Serious or Comedy, it's their choice.
The serious ones usually have special effects and fights that are complicated to make.
Comedy makes it funny and enjoyable.
I like both.

One thing I would like to see is something they never they done before.

Peach marrying Mario!

Just kidding.

I would really love to see effects that are not neon glows.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:39 am 
Newcomer

Aisling wrote:
Brilliant on so many levels. That's what I have to say about this one. I mediated on it all day and I have watched it a total of three times already. And honestly, you guys are getting better and better all the time.

The thing about OBS that really caught my attention was that this one was so very visually beautiful. The visual continuity was excellent. The use of a new location was refreshing. And the whole scene with the blue light was just gorgeous. This is definitely one of RMA's visually best.

Also, I can't go without commenting on the acting.
Tim's acting has improved by leaps and bounds. In fact, he had several lines that were amazingly delivered. When Snake asked what would happen if the energy activated, Ness responded, “Something really bad.” The delivery of that line was hilarious. It floored my sister. Then the, “I'm not going to destroy it. You are,” was so perfect; dramatic but slightly understated. And then the way he shouted, “Do it!” just before Snake fired was such a great culmination of the tensions that the dialog had been building. He so rarely raises his voice and then there was suddenly so much power and emotion in the shout that it was startling. High five Tim.

Then of course there's Julian's acting. As always, he's spot on and perfect. Every line was delivered so believably. I so enjoy all of the characters Julian plays just because I love watching his performances.

Matt has really perfected the art of transitioning between funny and serious. The Yoshi bit was an excellent example. Even though one moment Wario was silly and the next moment dead-serious it wasn't hard to believe I was watching the same character.

As for specific moments in the film, Luigi headbanging was one of the highlights. Looked like Chris was going to lose his hat there for a moment. :P

Then the New Super Mario Bros. at the beginning was excellent. Having played through that game with my siblings, I really got a kick out of the inter-character bickering. Especially Wario throwing Waluigi in the pit. Been there, done that.

And then there's when Ash appeared. Sheer genius. Especially when he got hit by the pokeball square in the eye. It was really funny but I hope it didn't hurt, Dane. Still, to whoever threw that pokeball ... nice shot. :D

The only negative thing I have to say: I've been resisting commenting about it for awhile, telling myself it isn't important. But ... there's this stain on Wario's shirt by his shoulder... I'm not obsessive compulsive I swear. It's that it's a red stain and the human eye is attracted to the color red. So the spot is creating a distracting focal point. If you guys wanted to, it should be easy to fix with a little dollop of yellow acrylic paint. (I know. I've fixed shirts that way before.)

Oh yeah, and Waluigi's cameo was great.

P.S. An addition after reading Dane's post: ...You guys are amazing. Scripting and completing the whole thing in a week is just ... Wow. And putting yourself under that stress so Chris could be completely involved just pushed you guys up a notch on my respect list. As a fellow filmmaker who has worked on time constraint stress, I salute you. I must say, it really doesn't show in the final project and that's an accomplishment to be proud of.

Well now that you mentioned the stain on Wario's shirt, that's all I'm gonna be able to look at. Never noticed before.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:01 am 
Commentator

Wii Master 64 wrote:
I never noticed that red stain... good eye!

skull902 wrote:
Well now that you mentioned the stain on Wario's shirt, that's all I'm gonna be able to look at. Never noticed before.

I didn't mean to call attention to it. I didn't realize no one else had noticed it. I'm sorry I brought it up.

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:53 pm 
Freelancer

I laughed when Luigi said "will you two stop fighting and help me get that coin!"

and also nice look of detail on Wario's shirt i looked but i couldn't see it

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:29 pm 
Newcomer

The part at their house was funny! Luigi called them girls and Wario threw Waluigi off the clip!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:32 pm 
Cast Member: Snake

BREAKING NEWS:
I have just gotten word from the rest of the cast that Max Payne will be a character in Operation Blind Storm 2 and will be played by none other than yours truly, Julian Petruzzelli.
For those of you unfamiliar with the video game icon, he is a renegade NYPD cop bent on revenge and he will be teaming up with Mario & Luigi to take down Evil Dane this October.
And before you people go all apeshit on whether or not he is a Nintendo character, I'll have you know that Max Payne was a game for the NINTENDO Game Boy Advance back in 2003 so kiss my ASSS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:31 pm 
Commentator

Ooo. Are we dropping spoilers, Julian? :D

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:53 pm 
Freelancer

[quote="Julian P."]BREAKING NEWS:
I have just gotten word from the rest of the cast that Max Payne will be a character in Operation Blind Storm 2 and will be played by none other than yours truly, Julian Petruzzelli.
For those of you unfamiliar with the video game icon, he is a renegade NYPD cop bent on revenge and he will be teaming up with Mario & Luigi to take down Evil Dane this October.
And before you people go all apeshit on whether or not he is a Nintendo character, I'll have you know that Max Payne was a game for the NINTENDO Game Boy Advance back in 2003 so kiss my ASSS!
[quote]

Thats kinda Awesome but remember use the game version not the movie.

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:59 pm 
Freelancer

Let me guess with the little spoiler you gave. Evil Dane just got the Johny Mushrooms and the Kingdoms to take over the world and this Max Payne guy helps the Mario Bros to save the day. Operation Blind Storm 2? I thought a new season of Stupid Mario Bros starts in September?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:22 pm 
Freelancer

Rich said that the next video wasn't a sequel to OP: Blindstorm... unless he was lying, as he has a reputation to do lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:50 pm 
Cast Member: Snake

It's true!! Also Gordon Freeman (from the hit game Half-Life) will be making an appearance in Operation B.S.
Who's excited?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:26 pm 
Commentator

Julian, if you keep giving stuff away like this, I fear you might get "silenced." Dun-dun-dun!

^Thanks ML!^

Last edited by Aisling on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:37 pm 
Intermediate

Gordon Freeman and Max Payne in one video....

*faints*

Oops, haha. Actually, I haven't played either game, but when you add 2 BA characters like those 2 into a video containing Luigi, Snake, and the UPS guy (not exactly the last one in Op BS), it is pretty much guaranteed to make a great video. I mean, it takes a pretty crappy director to mess it up, and thats what Rich ISN'T. So we can all be assured that Operation BS 2 will be awesome.

Question to the Actors/Creators: Did you think about the abbreviation 'BS' when thinking up the title to Op. Blind Storm? Or was it a lucky coincidence?

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next