The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Operation Blind Storm: Offical Video Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:36 am 
Creator

Tim Lemmens wrote:
Another question going on in my head is: "Why won't Merlin return?"
Did he know what was going to happen to the others and, since he is full of power, realized that he was going to dissappear when the power left the world or did something else happen?!
Can somebody explain me a reason for this?!

Again, the simple answer is Merlin was not a funny character, so he had to be written out. Powers, fights, wizards, and drama were all not funny and were dragging the show down. Operation blind storm was essentially a send off of our mistakes so that Stupid Mario Can Just Be Stupid again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:38 am 
Commentator

Richalvarez wrote:
Tim Lemmens wrote:
Did he know what was going to happen to the others and, since he is full of power, realized that he was going to dissappear when the power left the world or did something else happen?!

Again, the simple answer is Merlin was not a funny character, so he had to be written out. Powers, fights, wizards, and drama were all not funny and were dragging the show down. Operation blind storm was essentially a send off of our mistakes so that Stupid Mario Can Just Be Stupid again.

Oh! I see! Thanks, Richie!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:48 pm 
Cast Member: Ash

Richalvarez wrote:
Tim Lemmens wrote:

Couldn't have typed it better myself!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:49 pm 

I believe we are still missing thoughts from Adam himself. I am curious to what he thought of this long awaited spin-off and our promise of another StMB project.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:49 pm 
Novice

Essentially, what I have to critique sums up to this. This was an impressive addition to the series because it seemed to have more diversity in setting, props, and shots. It seemed to add more dimension to the video as a whole, as well as the plot. I think the reverting to the original approach will be better. The appropriate dialog for the characters seems to get...stressed... when the focus deviates from comedy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:28 pm 
Newcomer

Loved it! And the bloopers, LMFAO! :coolmario: Pure art...

Attachments:
betrayal.jpg
betrayal.jpg [ 66.87 KiB | Viewed 1065 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:34 am 
Creator

iGottaCatchThemAll wrote:
I believe we are still missing thoughts from Adam himself. I am curious to what he thought of this long awaited spin-off and our promise of another StMB project.

i Concur, Where is he?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:51 pm 
Commentator

I loved the bloopers, guys! They made me laugh a lot of time! Surely when I saw you guys standing by the road waving to the cars! Must be funny!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:34 pm 

Tim Lemmens wrote:
I loved the bloopers, guys! They made me laugh a lot of time! Surely when I saw you guys standing by the road waving to the cars! Must be funny!

I'm glad you liked them, thanks. And don't call me Shirley.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:24 pm 
Creator

Tim Lemmens wrote:

I'm glad you liked them, thanks. And don't call me Shirley.

OK, Sally!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

Richalvarez wrote:

i Concur, Where is he?

Sorry, I've been traveling the world in my magic flying submarine. I've been wanting to give you a full out review but haven't got the chance and I didn't realize there was such a big demand, lol.

I thought the fun and games was nice to see in the beginning, a good promise of what's to come in terms of comedy. Even though he was hardly there, it was nice to see Doug reprieve his role as Waluigi. Although I wish he would have been in for longer than a minute, glad his character hasn't been forgotten. Mario and Luigi's dialogue once Wario left was pretty wacky, zany, and frankly gay (the overly happy definition). I thought overall they started a bit too cartoony. PS I noticed you only have 2 wii motes :)

Just a side note, I liked how the opening title was simple and not some giant, flashy, climax-less clip package like some of the other openings. The Snake and Ness dialogue that followed their discovery of the hat proved to be an unexpected, but welcoming chemistry. Timmy has really grown up and is a fine readdition to the cast. Wario and Merlin's scene startled me, in a good way. I liked the location revisit and I believe I may have a better explanation for why this is the last time Wario'll see Merlin, but I'll save that for later.

Glad to see Daisy back again and in what better way than yelling at Mario and Luigi for making a mess in their own home! Followed with Evil Dane just waltzing in... I think the landlord should take care of those two. Nice "Newcomer" title, if only that was around in Season 1... Personally, I felt the flashbacks were unnecessary but I know how some people might need a reminder, although it may have been better if it was purely Scott yelling and no background music. I could tell by the positioning that Dane would pop up, you might want it to be a little more subtle next time.

Long story short, I enjoyed the music video scene, but it did feel like it was going on a tangent. For the last installment of Stupid Mario Brothers as a serious, action epic, this did not belong. I know a lot of fans were disappointed because of the large role comedy had in this "last hurray" for the fans of the serious stuff. But back on track, more Snake and Ness, well placed music video teaser, Wario and Yoshi: The duo that was never meant to be...

Then there's the big dramatic scene with Snake and the power source. I thought the suspense was brilliantly written, Snake could equally side with Ness or Wario. You could really feel the tension. But I did get the feeling that two things would happen: Snake would shoot (he always shoots) and he would be wrong (where would the fun be if he was right?). XD @ "Why does Snake have to decide?" Perfectly placed subtle comedy. My predictions came true and then I stated scratching my head. At first I thought it was a beacon to the afterlife which is why the Darkness was there, but eventually I pieced the plot together. All in all great and dramatic scene, but I would have trimmed a second or two off of Ness going down. So now the heroes are back on the railroad tracks...

Wait a second... is it just me or is there a location continuity error? By the railroad tracks, Merlin warned Wario that Snake would destroy the power source. So Wario went and found Yoshi and then raced off to tell Mario and Luigi. Because Yoshi can't carry more than one person, the three traveled at normal speed to the railroad only for Wario to stop Snake just in time and Mario and Luigi stand idly nearby. If Wario knew where the source was why did he travel all the way to the others? If Merlin wanted them to know he would have told them himself. I really could use some explanation here.

The Darkness tricking the gang into loosing their powers was a risky gamble in my opinion. Now the heroes have no powers and there is no going back. Based on ratings and favorites count over view count, the fans liked Act II better than Act I aka they prefer serious, action, and special effects. No offense but you do tend to change you mind on what's best for Stupid Mario Bros, Richie (Season One's the best! Season Three will perfectly combine the two! Act I is great! Act II must go on! Comedy is the best! etc.). Now, you are unable to go back if you change you mind... except if there was a prequel something... now that I consider it...

I'll wrap this up. Operation: Blind Storm wasn't the bang I was expecting for the end of action/ special fx StMB, it was more of an unexpected boom of drama and comedy. I liked the ending on the railroad, great shot with all the characters and yay for Ash! The ending Mialbox scene was a nice cliffhanger (I loved the placement of the "September..."). I didn't exactly enjoy MC's cameo (his audio was mono not stereo D:) but I can see how it's suitable seeing as he is constructing the website. Congrats to him, I only wish that I could have some direct cameo one day. I know I've had an easter egg, indirect shout-out, and "trophies" of fanitude but who am I to call myself you biggest fan if I never stop dreaming?

The Above,
-Adam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:01 am 
Creator

AdminAdam wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:

i Concur, Where is he?

Sorry, I've been traveling the world in my magic flying submarine. I've been wanting to give you a full out review but haven't got the chance and I didn't realize there was such a big demand, lol.

I thought the fun and games was nice to see in the beginning, a good promise of what's to come in terms of comedy. Even though he was hardly there, it was nice to see Doug reprieve his role as Waluigi. Although I wish he would have been in for longer than a minute, glad his character hasn't been forgotten. Mario and Luigi's dialogue once Wario left was pretty wacky, zany, and frankly gay (the overly happy definition). I thought overall they started a bit too cartoony. PS I noticed you only have 2 wii motes :)

Just a side note, I liked how the opening title was simple and not some giant, flashy, climax-less clip package like some of the other openings. The Snake and Ness dialogue that followed their discovery of the hat proved to be an unexpected, but welcoming chemistry. Timmy has really grown up and is a fine readdition to the cast. Wario and Merlin's scene startled me, in a good way. I liked the location revisit and I believe I may have a better explanation for why this is the last time Wario'll see Merlin, but I'll save that for later.

Glad to see Daisy back again and in what better way than yelling at Mario and Luigi for making a mess in their own home! Followed with Evil Dane just waltzing in... I think the landlord should take care of those two. Nice "Newcomer" title, if only that was around in Season 1... Personally, I felt the flashbacks were unnecessary but I know how some people might need a reminder, although it may have been better if it was purely Scott yelling and no background music. I could tell by the positioning that Dane would pop up, you might want it to be a little more subtle next time.

Long story short, I enjoyed the music video scene, but it did feel like it was going on a tangent. For the last installment of Stupid Mario Brothers as a serious, action epic, this did not belong. I know a lot of fans were disappointed because of the large role comedy had in this "last hurray" for the fans of the serious stuff. But back on track, more Snake and Ness, well placed music video teaser, Wario and Yoshi: The duo that was never meant to be...

Then there's the big dramatic scene with Snake and the power source. I thought the suspense was brilliantly written, Snake could equally side with Ness or Wario. You could really feel the tension. But I did get the feeling that two things would happen: Snake would shoot (he always shoots) and he would be wrong (where would the fun be if he was right?). XD @ "Why does Snake have to decide?" Perfectly placed subtle comedy. My predictions came true and then I stated scratching my head. At first I thought it was a beacon to the afterlife which is why the Darkness was there, but eventually I pieced the plot together. All in all great and dramatic scene, but I would have trimmed a second or two off of Ness going down. So now the heroes are back on the railroad tracks...

Wait a second... is it just me or is there a location continuity error? By the railroad tracks, Merlin warned Wario that Snake would destroy the power source. So Wario went and found Yoshi and then raced off to tell Mario and Luigi. Because Yoshi can't carry more than one person, the three traveled at normal speed to the railroad only for Wario to stop Snake just in time and Mario and Luigi stand idly nearby. If Wario knew where the source was why did he travel all the way to the others? If Merlin wanted them to know he would have told them himself. I really could use some explanation here.

The Darkness tricking the gang into loosing their powers was a risky gamble in my opinion. Now the heroes have no powers and there is no going back. Based on ratings and favorites count over view count, the fans liked Act II better than Act I aka they prefer serious, action, and special effects. No offense but you do tend to change you mind on what's best for Stupid Mario Bros, Richie (Season One's the best! Season Three will perfectly combine the two! Act I is great! Act II must go on! Comedy is the best! etc.). Now, you are unable to go back if you change you mind... except if there was a prequel something... now that I consider it...

I'll wrap this up. Operation: Blind Storm wasn't the bang I was expecting for the end of action/ special fx StMB, it was more of an unexpected boom of drama and comedy. I liked the ending on the railroad, great shot with all the characters and yay for Ash! The ending Mialbox scene was a nice cliffhanger (I loved the placement of the "September..."). I didn't exactly enjoy MC's cameo (his audio was mono not stereo D:) but I can see how it's suitable seeing as he is constructing the website. Congrats to him, I only wish that I could have some direct cameo one day. I know I've had an easter egg, indirect shout-out, and "trophies" of fanitude but who am I to call myself you biggest fan if I never stop dreaming?

The Above,
-Adam

Thanks Adam, Allow me to clarify.

1. Doug wasn't that free during the filming of this, so he had one scene.

2. Mario And Luigi are video game characters, so being overly cartoony is almost expected.

3. Actually we have 3 wiimotes, 2 white 1 black.

4. We just had to create an excuse to write Merlin out.

5. The flashback was just so that we could hear scott yell again.

6. Dane had a hard time getting up so we had to make more room.

7. I never remember saying this is a last Hurrah for "drama Mario" Thats what Act II was. This was always meant to be a "Spin Off" That bridges ACT II and what we have planed next. So it was supposed to be a blend.

8. Lets pretend it's a different railroad lol, it's not supposed to be the same place.

9. ACT II got better ratings because ONLY the fans were rating it. Casual Youtubers didn't care to watch it. And we built our original audience from casual youtubers who wanted comedy. Simply put, the more views a video has, the more successful it is. And it is clear that most people repeatedly watch comedy, at least on youtube. Plus, that aside, there were several of us that wouldn't do it anymore unless we went back to comedy. Special effects are NO FUN to make.

10. The MC Cameo has nothing to do with favoritism or anything like that. Dane suggested we use MC as the Landlord because Dane was impressed with how pissed MC Could sound.

Hope that clears some stuff up. I still consider ACT II the end of the "Original" Series.

OBS was just a way so that when you see (Secret SMB Project) It will make sense and you won't ask questions like:

Why aren't there any fights?

Where's there powers?

Why don't they live at that house anymore?

Wheres the drama?

Why is this so ridiculously funny?

Who's Evil Dane?

What happened to all those Wizard characters?

Of course people will still ask these questions lol. the point is "Operation blind storm" Is a transition piece. Welcome to the NEW.......

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:10 pm 
Commentator

Wow thanks for all the clarification Richie. Now when I look at this video as more of a transition some things that kinda bothered me have definitly been cleared up. The "cliff hanger" now seems just a little smaller...still would of enjoyed a bit more background music but nonetheless BRILLIANCE AT BEST! We the fans need to give you guys alot more credit. The way you combine your acting/directing skills really shows how strong a team you are and how hard you work on a day to day basis. You dont work just to please yourself but keep the fans well entertained and coming back for more. I have to wonder is it your dream one day to be a full time director in a hollywood setting?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:21 pm 
Freelancer

Well, I'm quite sad to hear that there won't be anymore seriousness, which means no more lightsaber fights. :( Oh well, I'll still enjoy the series anyway. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:58 pm 
Intermediate

To be honest, I'm quite glad that there aren't going to be beam sword fights anymore. I much enjoyed season 1 over seasons 2 and 3, as well as Act 1 more than Act 2. I always thought the seriousness was a waste of the title STUPID Mario Bros.

Furthermore, no more beam sword fights means that NO MORE EPISODES WILL BE DELAYED due to painstaking special effects. HOORAY!

As far as the video goes, I thought it introduced too many ideas to be left hanging until September; primarily the JMK part, which, although I loved, really felt too irrelevant to introduce at this video. I think it shouldn't have been introduced until the September (series?) episode.

Eh, while typing that, I realize it was an excuse to waste time while Wario went to see Merlin, but still, it felt wrong.

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next