The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: New Nintendo Console???
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:37 am 
Storyteller

Ah the old rumor mill. What a marvelous place to hear rumors of all sizes and validities. This time around we have rumors of the Big N unveiling a new system at this years Electronic Entertainment Expo! Or, E3 as i'm sure you're all familiar.

There have been several reports over the last few months, and recently a few interesting ones have arisen.

A while back there were rumors about this "Nintendo Fusion" system. Reportedly, it boasted high end specs, enough to match the PS4 and X-bone, which is pretty impressive since some consider the Wii U to be more like the Wii 1.5. This "Fusion" also was said to have a controller similar to the gamepad that acted like a controller for the system, but a handheld when not in proximity! (?!?!?!) Leave it to Nintendo to do something we don't expect!

But that was just a silly rumor. Except recently, big names in gaming news, like that of IGN's Co-Founder Peer Schneider, seem to be confirming that N's new system is a reality. Whether that's going to be the Fusion, or something else remains to be seen. Other interesting things to note are information in the source code of N's E3 preparations online that say something about a new system reveal, and a curious new patent filed by Nintendo for an interchangable control pad...

Intriguing...most intriguing.....

So what are your thoughts, fellow fans? What say you to these rumors? Yea or Nay? Will we have a viable contender, or is this just a sham in favor of a remodel?

Personally i think it's the QoL system mentioned in their recent Investor's meeting but hey, who knows!

(Sources: Fusion Story: here
New Patent: hereandhere
Source Code of E3 Site: here

Post subject: Re: New Nintendo Console???
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:48 am 
Veteran

I hope they are true. It would be nice if it had backwards compatibility with the Wii U as well, since the console would have been short-lived. I think it would be a smart move on Nintendo's part, considering the cost them more money than it made them.

Post subject: Re: New Nintendo Console???
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:01 pm 
Commentator

I feel it would be not a very smart move, TBH. Right now, the only first-party titles that make the WiiU worth it are a Mario side-scroller and a DLC pack, a 4-player 3D Mario game, a Wind Waker remake and Pikmin 3. Once some of their big titles: Zelda U, SSB, Mario Kart come out, we may see a bigger sell of WiiUs. Plus, it might piss off some fans who have the WiiU already. I just got one recently.

And the WiiU has been out for just a few months shy of 2 years, while their other consoles had a gap of 5-6 years.

What I'm saying is that we might get a tease of a new console, no prototype, just a tease of their next console.

Thanks ML!