The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Music Appreciation: The Ropes
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:15 am 
Commentator

Hi everybody! I am lucky to be moderating a forum topic whose subject interests me so. Music courses through the blood of every person of every culture, from the tiniest baby to the most senile elder. It is a universal language that we can all understand despite language barriers. IT IS SACRED TO HUMANITY. Therefore it must be respected. Leading us to rule numero uno.

1. Be respectful
Pretty straight forward. IE, don't hate on RichiCrypt because he has a soft spot for bluegrass. Music is highly subjective. Be respectful to the music itself, as well. Music is the audiological embodiment of the human soul and so even RichiCrypt's bluegrass has merit.

A lot of people (particularly teens and young adults, as on this forum) use music and musical genres as an identity (ie. punk, geek, etcetera), so by dissing a genre you are dissing not only an entire group of people, but your forum pals. People are very sensitive about this stuff. If you're going to criticise something, do so constructively and politely.

Disrespect will not be tolerated in any form. Your posts will be reported emmediately and I will post a sternly chastising remark and it will suck for you.

2. Be open-minded
This ties in with rule number one. All music has merit. All genres contain groundbreaking music. Bluegrass included. I mean, how do they play that banjo so fast? It's remarkable!

Unfortunately, I can't force anybody to be open-minded. But please try.

3. Don't spam
This topic is swamped with spam at the moment, namely because people enjoy posting short, repeditive responses such as "I like them" or "I agree/disagree". A good rule-of-thumb is to write at least a couple of explanitory sentences describing the nature of your opinion. For example, instead of saying "I like bluegrass as well" and leaving it at that, elaborate! Tell us why you like bluegrass. Say, "I like bluegrass as well. The creative use of a washbin-bass adds an interesting sound to the mix. And how do they play that banjo so fast? It's remarkable!"

If all you can think of saying is "I agree", don't bother posting it.

As with the rest of the forum, check and make sure before creating a new thread that there isn't one of that topic already. There are A BUTTLOAD of repeat threads.

Try to stay on topic! :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
There will be more guidelines coming soon. I first need to figure out how this topic should be organised; it seems to be all over the place. If anyone has any suggestions, input, or criticism concerning any of the guidelines or missing guidelines, please speak out. I won't get mad atcha.

And then God said, "Let there be MUSIC"! Happy posting!

--Kyra (amph)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:05 pm 
Freelancer

YaaaY! we no longer have to talk about music in an unorganized fashion XD

Post subject: Re: Music Appreciation: The Ropes
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:34 am 
Newcomer

Find the reliable dock ladder you're looking for right here, along with hardware and extension kits. We've got stationary ladders, floating ladders, flip-up ladders, ladders made from stainless steel and aluminum, and name brands like Dock Edge, Dockmate, and Tie Down.