The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Mario's hat
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:49 pm 
Forum Gamer

Luigi said Mario's his hat helps him keep his power and without it he goes mad.

Was this simply a reference to Super Mario 64 in which he takes much more damage without his hat, or does his hat do more than that?

What do you guys think?
Do you think his hat will be more significance in the future?
If so, how?

^Click to view my youtube page!^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:55 pm 
Newcomer

It did feel like they very clearly hinting at something, but almost to a such a ridiculous degree, that I can't say for sure if there's anything to it.

All I know is that once SMB is done, I betcha they could actually sell those hats on Ebay and make a pretty penny. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:48 pm 
Role Player

geekbot wrote:
It did feel like they very clearly hinting at something, but almost to a such a ridiculous degree, that I can't say for sure if there's anything to it.

All I know is that once SMB is done, I betcha they could actually sell those hats on Ebay and make a pretty penny. :P

more like a pretty nickel,lol.

I am a king of something, I just haven't found out what it is yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

I really tied to ignore that line, I don't want to think about it too much. Like if it's some lousy way of explaining why Mario getting his hat back instead of doing something about Wario and the Nether Saber, then I don't want to know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:08 pm 
Role Player

AdminAdam wrote:
I really tied to ignore that line, I don't want to think about it too much. Like if it's some lousy way of explaining why Mario getting his hat back instead of doing something about Wario and the Nether Saber, then I don't want to know

or maybe he loves the hat that much.

I am a king of something, I just haven't found out what it is yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 pm 
Creator

AdminAdam wrote:

I think you sometimes take the show too seriously Adam. Not everything has to have a point. They were looking for their hats because it was funny, I always plan to have the last 3 episodes to be serious, but there's no reason for any other episodes to be excessively serious. The season has been leading up to their Battle with Wario, no reason to rush into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:40 pm 
Site Admin

Richalvarez wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:

I think you sometimes take the show too seriously Adam. Not everything has to have a point. They were looking for their hats because it was funny, I always plan to have the last 3 episodes to be serious, but there's no reason for any other episodes to be excessively serious. The season has been leading up to their Battle with Wario, no reason to rush into it.

well it's just the seriousness and the drama are so up and down, I enjoy both but I'd prefer to know which is which. Like is Stupid Mario Bros was split into 2 series: Stupid Mario Bros and Serious Mario Bros so I wouldn't be confused with what I'm watching. Like the Crazy Fan scene in this episode, she was one of the more serious characters suddenly.

I may be being over critical with that too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:44 pm 
Creator

AdminAdam wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:

well it's just the seriousness and the drama are so up and down, I enjoy both but I'd prefer to know which is which. Like is Stupid Mario Bros was split into 2 series: Stupid Mario Bros and Serious Mario Bros so I wouldn't be confused with what I'm watching. Like the Crazy Fan scene in this episode, she was one of the more serious characters suddenly.

That was my fault actually, It had been weeks between her first and second appearance, and We all forgot how her character was in the first appearance, I didn't realize till editing them months later that her character had changed so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

Richalvarez wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:

That was my fault actually, It had been weeks between her first and second appearance, and We all forgot how her character was in the first appearance, I didn't realize till editing them months later that her character had changed so much.
yeah either way I could care less for the character.

Hey Rich, didn't I see her before? In Episode 22 Part 3?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:49 pm 
Creator

AdminAdam wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:

No, her first appearance was 40

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

Richalvarez wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:

No, her first appearance was 40
Yeah I just double checked, you're right

Post subject: Re: Mario's hat
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:59 am 
Co-Creator

Paul Henry wrote:

Was this simply a reference to Super Mario 64 in which he takes much more damage without his hat, or does his hat do more than that?

What do you guys think?
If so, how?

Well, you're in luck pal. Since I was the one that said that, let me clear up exactly what I meant.

Luigi (me) says: "Don't take it personally Ash. Mario needs his hat, if he doesn't have it, he goes mad. It helps him keep his power. Bye bye!"

There are 3 things you should know about this statement.

1. Luigi likes Ash more then Mario does. This is evident throughout the entire series, since Mario is the one who is always saying "Ash, I hate you!" This is because Mario still holds a grudge against Ash for failing to follow through on his promise to give them a pepperoni pizza back in episode 8. Luigi was never as upset about that incident as Mario was, so that's why he immediately thought of Ash as the first person to get help from. Also, that's why Luigi was more willing to defend Ash and give him the benefit of the doubt.

2. Because of everything mentioned in reason 1, Luigi is a bit more concerned about his friendship with Ash, so that's why he tried to make him feel better and say that it wasn't his fault.

3. About Luigi saying that the hat "helps him keep his power." I actually improved that line on that spot, and it was more of a psychological statement than anything else. Mario's hat is basically his trademark image, so without it he kind of loses his identity. This isn't an actual physical thing, but more of a psychological thing, so it's not meant to mean that Mario actually loses his power without his hat.

Hope that helps! ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:23 pm 
Commentator

Richalvarez wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:

I would say that if it was 5 episodes to the finale.
Dude u r 3 episodes away with a lot of tension and a good story plot.
Unfortunately, nobody is presently doing anything after episode 42.
gl though

Post subject: Re: Mario's hat
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:26 pm 
Commentator

SuperBanjo (Luigi) wrote:
Paul Henry wrote:

What do you guys think?
If so, how?

Well, you're in luck pal. Since I was the one that said that, let me clear up exactly what I meant.

Luigi (me) says: "Don't take it personally Ash. Mario needs his hat, if he doesn't have it, he goes mad. It helps him keep his power. Bye bye!"

There are 3 things you should know about this statement.

1. Luigi likes Ash more then Mario does. This is evident throughout the entire series, since Mario is the one who is always saying "Ash, I hate you!" This is because Mario still holds a grudge against Ash for failing to follow through on his promise to give them a pepperoni pizza back in episode 8. Luigi was never as upset about that incident as Mario was, so that's why he immediately thought of Ash as the first person to get help from. Also, that's why Luigi was more willing to defend Ash and give him the benefit of the doubt.

2. Because of everything mentioned in season 1, Luigi is a bit more concerned about his friendship with Ash, so that's why he tried to make him feel better and say that it wasn't his fault.

3. About Luigi saying that the hat "helps him keep his power." I actually improved that line on that spot, and it was more of a psychological statement than anything else. Mario's hat is basically his trademark image, so without it he kind of loses his identity. This isn't an actual physical thing, but more of a psychological thing, so it's not meant to mean that Mario actually loses his power without his hat.

Hope that helps! ^_^

So bassically, for #1, if ash gives Mario a pizza, Ash will befriend him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:28 pm 
Tyro

AdminAdam wrote:
Richalvarez wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:

I agree. Its a strange thing, I love the series dearly, but it seems like it can only excell at doing funny sequences and dramatic serious sequences, but not a blend of both. I'd like to point out that the first five episodes were probably the best at doing this. Not only did they provide countless hilarious lines, but they lead up to an event (Mario and Luigi Vs. Wario and Waluigi) in a relatively short amount of time in order to advance the plot. It was fast paced, funny, and had had a good story.

I think in future episodes, you guys should look back to your original episode for inspiration.