The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: LOGAN'S PUB
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:41 pm 
Middling

Welcome to Logan's Pub the only pub where no ID's are required. All types of bar conversation is welcome here. This can be things from bar food to sports. We will also discuss drinking do's and don'ts.

Here is how the drink of the day will work here in Logan's Pub. I will pick a random drink out of my little black book and present it here. If there are any special requests I'll be glad to oblige.

12/10/09
Today's Drink of the day: B-52
The B-52 (aka Bifi) is a layered cocktail shooter. When prepared properly, the ingredients separate into three distinctly visible layers. The layering is due to the relative densities of the ingredients.

Ingredients:
1/3 Bailey's irish cream
1/3 Kahlúa
1/4 Grand Marnier

Directions:
B-52s are usually served in a shooter or sherry glass, although a heat proof glass is required when a "flaming B-52" is served. First, a coffee liqueur, such as Tia Maria or Kahlúa, is poured into the glass. Next, Bailey's Irish Cream is poured very slowly over the back of a cold bar spoon, taking care to avoid disturbing the lower layer as the second liquor is poured on top. Just as carefully, Grand Marnier is poured atop the Irish Cream using the bar spoon.

Drink History:
The name refers to the US B-52 Stratofortress long-range bomber. This bomber was used in the Vietnam War for the release of incendiary bombs, which likely inspired today's flaming variant of the cocktail.
The origin of the B-52 is uncertain. One school of thought is that the B-52 was invented at the Keg Steakhouse in Calgary, Alberta in 1977.
The B-52's widespread popularity has resulted in many variations, each earning a slightly different designation. All together, the drinks are referred to as the B-50 series of layered cocktails.

Post subject: Re: Logan's Pub
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:32 pm 
Forum Gamer

Ahhhh, the joys of drinking.
I have 2 of the three of those in the house. Just need to find some "Kahlúa" and i'll be flying.

Any tips on mixing Jagermeister, mainly what i drink atm.
Jagerbombs are the obvious one.
I also mix it with other alcohols, but i'm not experienced in mixing. HALP.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:32 pm 
Middling

Not a drinking day goes by without a 4 Horseman for me.

Ingredients:
1/4 oz. Bacardi 151 Black Bat Rum
1/4 oz. Goldschlager
1/4 oz. Jagermeister
1/4 oz. Rumple Minze

The Four Horsemen is a cocktail containing four hard liquors and named after the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The name of the drink is derived from the fact that the most common brand names of each ingredient are also male given names and the drinks have a high alcohol content, and therefore tend to have a very strong effect on human physiology.

Instructions:
Layer in a shooter glass in the given order.
-Bacardi
-Goldschlager
-Jagermeister
-Rumple Minze
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if you want something a little simpler there is always the German Burritto. Extremely simple but effective.

Ingredients:
1/2 oz. Jagermeister
1/2 oz. Tequila

Instructions:
Mix in a shot glass.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another simple Jager shot is the 24 Karat Nightmare.

Ingredients:
1 oz. Goldschlager
1 oz. Jagermeister

Instructions:
Mix and pour into a shot glass.

Those are just three options you could go with when using Jager my Irish friend. Should you want for more you have but to ask. There are several drinks involving energy drinks, like the common 8-ball or Blaster. These are drinks that I do not condone. Which I suppose would bring us to our first!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DRINKING DON’T!

Never ever mix alcohol and energy drinks. Doing so will overload your system with heavy stimulants and anti-depressants. Such a mix could cause cardiopulmonary or cardiovascular failures. Put simply, it can kill you. The risk is far too high to play around with. So for those you that ever think about performing such an unthinkable act remember Logan’s watching you!
*************************************************************************************
12/11/09
The drink of the day is in honor of my first customer. The Irish Car Bomb
An Irish Car Bomb is a beer cocktail similar to a boilermaker made with Irish stout, Irish Cream , and Irish whiskey. The name refers to the drink's Irish ingredients - typically Guinness stout, Baileys Irish Cream, and Jameson Irish Whiskey - and the car bombings notoriously used by the Provisional Irish Republican Army (PIRA) during the Troubles. The whiskey is floated on top of the Irish Cream in a shot glass, and the shot glass is then dropped into the stout. Once mixed, the drink must be consumed quickly because it will curdle.

Ingredients:
3/4 pint Guinness stout
1/2 shot Bailey's Irish cream
1/2 shot Jameson Irish whiskey

Instructions:
Add the Bailey's and Jameson to a shot glass, layering the Bailey's on the bottom. Pour the Guinness into a pint glass or beer mug 3/4 of the way full and let settle. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness and chug. If you don't drink it fast enough it will curdle and increasingly taste worse.

According to most sources, the Irish Car Bomb was created in 1979 by Charles Burke Cronin Oat, current instructor at the Connecticut School of Bartending, and former owner and bartender of Wilson's Saloon, both in Norwich, CT. The drink evolved from several earlier versions dating back to 1977. The Grandfather, the original idea behind a Car Bomb, was a mixed shot of Bailey's and Kahlúa coffee liqueur. Though Guinness was also being consumed at the same time, the Grandfather was not mixed with the Guinness at the time of its creation. Shortly thereafter, Oat was inspired to add Jameson Irish Whiskey to the shot, which made the shot bubble up vigorously like an explosion, causing him to remark that the IRA just showed up Hence, the newly designed shot was known as the IRA (named after the Provisional Irish Republican Army, and their use of explosions during The Troubles). Two years later while drinking IRAs and Guinness, Oat got the idea to drop the shot into his half-finished pint of Guinness, with the words Bombs away , and the Irish Car Bomb was born.

The name Irish Car Bomb is sometimes considered offensive because of its reference to PIRA terrorism. For this reason, some bartenders refuse to serve it. Irish Car Bomb is one of the most popular drinks worldwide. The ingredients are simple and widely available, and beer lovers will almost certainly enjoy it. If you ask for one of these in an Irish pub you'll be greeted with either a smile, or a black eye. Enjoy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:30 am 
Forum Gamer

Aw you are a king my friend!
I'm definately giving all of these a try. Multiple times.

Also, i've only had an irish car bomb once.
But they are amazing.
And get you airlocked if you sink a pile of em in a row.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:13 am 
Role Player

Barmy if he were any kind of nerd he'd be an liquor nerd.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:14 am 
Middling

12/13/09
Drink of the day: Death Row

Ingredients:
1/4oz Jose Cuervo Especial gold tequila
3/4oz Tabasco sauce
1 dash of salt
1 lime wedge

Directions:
Pour the tequila and tabasco into a shot glass. Place salt on your hand, lick it, bite a lime wedge, count to 3 and take the shot.

Sorry but I have no history to offer on today’s drink of the day. All I can say is don’t knock it till you try it!

Now no pub/bar would be complete without sports so here is your weekly football update:

WAS - 34
OAK - 13
---------------------
PHI - 45
NYG- 38
---------------------
PIT - 6
CLE - 13
---------------------
NO - 26
ATL - 23
---------------------
DET - 3
BAL - 48
---------------------
GB - 21
CHI - 14
---------------------
SEA - 7
HOU - 34
---------------------
DEN - 16
IND - 28
---------------------
MIA - 14
JAC - 10
---------------------
BUF - 16
KC - 10
---------------------
CIN - 10
MIN- 30
---------------------
CAR - 10
NE - 20
---------------------
NYJ - 26
TB - 3
---------------------
STL - 7
TEN - 47
---------------------
SD - 20
DAL - 17
---------------------
ARI
SF
Set to play Monday 12/14. Kickoff is at 8:30 EST

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:18 pm 
Forum Gamer

Tobasco sauce?
Eep. Ah well, i'm here to gather all the info i can ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:14 am 
Middling

11/14/09 (at least it was when I started typing this)
Today's drink of the day: The Backdraft

The Backdraft is a cocktail that is noted for its elaborate preparation and potency. Named after the backdraft which occurs in some fire situations, this drink produces a similar condition on purpose using flammable alcoholic drinks and an enclosing container, such as an upside down pint glass. Below is a typical procedure for producing one variation of the Backdraft drink. The combination of warm alcohol, followed by inhaling vaporized alcohol, and then finishing with a highly spiced warm alcohol, makes the drinking of this drink difficult, and while it tends not to have an immediate effect (since it is drunk quickly), the warmth of the alcohol and the vapor, make the concentration and absorption of alcohol into the bloodstream quicker than other drinks, and produces a more profound impact.

Ingrediants:
1 1/2 oz Drambuie Scotch whisky
1 1/2 oz Grand Marnier orange liqueur

Directions:
Pour equal amounts into Brandy Snifter* and light. Place hands over top of glass to form airtight seal that extinguishes flame. Slide straw between fingers keeping seal as tight as possible. Drink beverage through straw. Remove straw after drink is finished. Put glass to nose and remove hand to allow burnt fumes to be inhaled through nose. Definitely a one-a-nighter. It’s important to note that you shouldn’t hesitate when extinguishing the flames. Make a quick air tight seal and your hand will be pain free.

*A snifter, also called a balloon, is a type of stemware, a short-stemmed glass whose vessel has a wide bottom and a relatively narrow top. It is mostly used to serve brandy. The large surface area of the brandy helps evaporate it, the narrow top traps the aroma inside the glass, while the rounded bottom allows the glass to be cupped in the hand, thus warming the liquor. Most snifters will hold between 6–8 oz., but no more than 2–3 oz. should be poured for a single serving.

For all you underage lad's and lass's out there here is one for you!

7-up Christmas Bowl

Ingrediants: For one serving!
20 oz frozen raspberry in syrup
12 oz frozen lemonade cocentrate
46 oz pineapple juice
64 oz chilled 7-Up soda

Directions:
Place raspberries and lemonade in blender, process till smooth. Strain into punch bowl. Discard seeds. Stir in pineapple juice. Just before serving, add 7-Up.

As for the final game of the week:

ARI - 9
SF - 24

========================================================
11/15/09
Drink of the Day: Baby Guinness

A Baby Guinness is a shooter, a style of cocktail, or mixed alcoholic beverage, intended to be consumed in one shot. A Baby Guinness contains no Guinness beer. Its name is derived from the fact that it is made in such a way as to look like a tiny glass of stout. This great drink was featured on an episode of Fine Living Network's Great Cocktails.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
1/2 oz Bailey's Irish cream

Directions:
A portion of coffee liqueur (e.g., Tia Maria or Kahlúa) is topped by a layer of Irish Cream (e.g., Baileys) which is poured over the back of a spoon so that it sits on the coffee liqueur. The ratio of coffee liqueur to Irish cream varies but is generally around 3-to-1. The resulting drink looks like a miniature pint of Guinness stout, with the coffee liqueur as the beer and the Irish cream as the head. It is normally served in a shot glass. Some recipes call for the Irish cream to be whipped then spooned on top of the coffee liqueur in order to look more like the head on a pint of Guinness.

Just for fun let's say you were going to make eleven of these baby's for you and a few friends.

Your ingredient list would then read:
27.5 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur (or Tia Maria)
5.5 oz Bailey's Irish cream

So for any of you lad’s or lass’s looking to throw a party, and you not sure on the volume of liquor required for a certain drink, give ol’ Logan a shout here at Logan’s Pub.

Post subject: Re: LOGAN'S PUB
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:07 am 
Forum Gamer

Need a "just broken up drink!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:40 am 
Middling

First off my Irish friend let me say I am sorry for your heartache. I could say time will heal all and all that babble, but you already know that. Besides that's not what you are here for. Let's make your world a little more....fuzzy eh?

First off Barmy I have to again suggest my Four Horseman recipe. It's most important ingredient is the Goldshlagger. So if your short on cash and can't afford all the ingredients at least invest in the Goldshlagger. It will intensify everything and you drink. Starting off with an Irish Car Bomb, listed below, is also suggested. However here a few recipe's that will help the heartache.

.46 Magnum
1 oz Jim Beam bourbon whiskey
1/2 oz Johnnie Walker Black Label Scotch whisky
1/2 oz Romana black sambuca
1/2 oz Wild Turkey 101 bourbon whiskey

Combine all ingredients together in a large shot glass or small rocks glass. Stir and serve.
========================================================
Now if you have these ingredients I promise you will be flying with the 151 Ways to Die .

151 Ways to Die
1/2 oz Bacardi 151 rum
1/2 oz Jack Daniel's Tennessee whiskey sourmash whiskey
1/2 oz Everclear alcohol
1/2 oz Cazadores tequila

Combine all ingredients in a shot glass and then drink. No order is necessary. If you wish you may use a spoon to float each alcohol atop another, but this drink is not to be pretty, it is to get drunk.
==========================================================

Obviously you aren’t going to have all of these liquors lying around the house. Well that is unless your Logan. So I would suggest ordering these drinks at a pub. Alternatively you could list the liquors you do have and I can pull out something out of my little black book for you. Seriously though I suggest that you invest in some Goldshlagger my friend.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:07 am 
Forum Gamer

Cheers mate and yeah i know the wonders of goldschlagger, though i also know most of my mates can't handle it LOL

Thanks for the drinkies.
Gonna head to the offlicence or bar with my xmas money tomorow and have a good old cheering up party.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:20 pm 
Forum Gamer

Had a party at the bar, mates took me out to cheer me up.

Must say we experimented alot with shots.

A shot of Jack daniels.
A shot of Baileys.
A shot of Jager.
A shot of Goldschlagger.
A shot of guiness.
A shot of tequilla.

All poured into a glass and pinned.
It was rough, but i had three..I was pretty cheered up haha

Also Did Jus goldschlagger and jager. (2 shots of each) in a glass and pinned.

Along with a few pints and some other drinks things start fading outa my memory, but i've been told i spent alot of time just ordering stuff and mixing it O.o

haha Apparently i went mad asking for a "Four Horsemen" and the barmen didn't know what it was and i just sat trying to remember the recipe. <3 LOGAN!

You've taken my drinking to a new level.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:21 pm 
Middling

Ah it warms me 'eart to hear such things Barmy. Glad I was able to contribute in uplifting your mood, if only for awhile.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:56 am 
Newcomer

beer.this is so much man stuff.disco stu want beer.that will be 4 cups of beer please.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:10 am 
Forum Gamer

4 cups?! LOL

Pints ya mean bud.