The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

What do you think of Justin Bieber?
Really Talented 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Good 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
So-so 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Alright but I don't endorse him 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
I could care less 68%  68%  [ 15 ]
Jonas Brothers were better 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 22
 Post subject: Re: Justin Bieber: Fans vs. Haters
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:26 am 
Landsman

Location: At the NOPPCM Headquarters, preparing the world for Chris.
Justin Bieber's massive popularity is an example of just how unsophisticated the general public's taste in music is.

Look, I'm not bashing Justin Bieber. I'm sure he's a nice guy. I just don't like his music. Still, I applaud him for his popularity. Judging by how many views he's gotten, I think he's made at least $2.5M from YouTube. You have to show respect for him for doing that.

But...his popularity also disappoints me. This just proves that the public will like anything. If it isn't auto-tuned for effect, monotone rap, or sung by someone young, it won't become mainstream.

I don't hate Justin Bieber, but I do hate Justin Bieber's music.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:25 pm 
Tyro

I don't really care. The only thing that bothers me is that my friends (they play hockey) want to see it. I was very suprised. Still dont care, dont wanna see it. Rather see the Lady Gaga putt-putt tournament and monster truck rally. (Barely no one will get that reference...)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:40 am 
Freelancer

I might see the movie just for the hell of it. Just not in theaters. Despite what haters say, it's getting a lot of good reviews. Not from the fan girls but celebrities.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:03 am 
Middling

i dont like him it was funny when a water bottle hit him in the face at one of his concerts i was at my step nans house and see asked me if i like justin beiber i said no and then she said "blah blah blah blah blah its all you see on tv blah blah blah blah stop shoving him down my throat blah blah blah you know what i mean?" i said ".................................. um........................" i thought what!! i have no idea what shes talking about!!

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee3 ... alco-1.jpg

i give credit to sephiroth and insanity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:19 pm 
Intermediate

Some recent research indicates Justin Bieber fans ARE haters. This article, which is unbiased imo, is a quick discussion of wikipedia edits on the page for Esperanza [quesadilla?] Spalding, who won the Grammy for best new artist, beating out Justine Bieber.

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... ia-rampage

Particularly funny is when one, apparently quite young editor, uses poor spelling and grammar.

Haters laugh out loud at a certain section of the fans! :P

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:36 pm 
Freelancer

Spoiler Warning! If you haven't seen Justin Bieber's guest star appearance in his second CSI episode, you may be spoiled!
Spoiler:
Watch Justin Bieber's character Jason McKeen get shot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zb64y6Nvs0

If you're American, this may offend the way you love your country. But if you live on the outside of US or agree with him even if you are American, you might gain some respect to him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGqHCoUsIeg
I got to agree to his opinions here and I'm glad he spoke those words aloud. I'm Canadian from BC Vancouver and it's true when he talks about medical care in Canada. It's free. Unlike the US, you get broke.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:19 pm 
Freelancer

Nitsua94 wrote:
Spoiler Warning! If you haven't seen Justin Bieber's guest star appearance in his second CSI episode, you may be spoiled!
Spoiler:
Watch Justin Bieber's character Jason McKeen get shot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zb64y6Nvs0

Oh my god CSI is GOD THANK YOU!

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:24 am 
Role Player

Well, If i were to put in my two cents:

JUSTIN BIEBER SUCKS. I don't care about his life story, how he became famous, let him sing about love when his voice gets deeper. (i.e Hits puberty) Good day.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:46 am 
Newcomer

I think that people want to buy into the ideology of Justin Bieber.
The idea that anyone can become a star and be world famous if they have an Internet connection. It's the "little man" takes on the big world ideal. I think that "Stupid Mario" with his satirical music is like the "anti-Bieber" in this respect.

"Stupid Mario" = innocence lost
Justin Bieber = innocence preserved

I think that the way Bieber's aggressively marketed exploits the lonliness and insecurities of teenage girls. His image is that of a pure little cherub/imaginary boyfriend. This is a shame, as I think that he is genuinely a nice kid who is okayish at the guitar. It's a great pity that his creativity and song writing are being restricted in this way.

Like Hannah Montanna, the kid has an almost religious worldwide devoted following.
He is a culture unto himself.
I don't know if any of this is healthy for anyone, especially his besotted fan girls.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:31 am 
Newcomer

Aisling wrote:
I definitely don't like Bieber and what little of his music I have actually listened to I didn't like. But at the same time, I am truly disgusted at times by the way people attack him for the stupidest stuff. There really seems to be a "kick 'im while he's down" mentality. They just get away with it cause he's so popular that it doesn't seem like he's down. Most of the time I just find myself thinking, "How would I feel if that was me they were saying that about?" or "What if they did that to my little brother?"

I say let people bash him because unfortunatley people stretch their freedom of speech so much that they don't care if they offend people. Though I mostly say this because I hate this dude like Hell, probably more than Hell. Also, frankly if people were saying bad things about me, well I wouldn't care, their opinions only matter if they're my friends, and people who bash me are not my friends, so I don't care what they say. But, if it were bad things people said about my little brother, well, no one says bad things about my little brother...yet...he's only two.

Master-Sephiroth wrote:
...I really don't like Justin Bieber. I don't think his voice is particularly good, but I wouldn't say "Oh he should just go die in a hole" or something. Another thing that annoys me is how quickly he managed to get famous. It's just impossible. Before, people would work hard to earn fame, but he didn't really do much.

I agree with the "Another thing that annoys" part.

Vincente wrote:
I really don't care.

I don't mind anything bad people say about it, it is quite annoying when people consider it a musician or talented. I really don't see why anyone cares about bad things people say about it.

Consider this:

If it cared, wouldn't it have stopped a while ago, instead of continuing to be just as annoying?

It's singing is higher than a female's would be if it had male genitalia and was kicked there, hard.

I like how you continuously used "it" instead of "him". It makes me agree with you even more.

HelloImJack wrote:
I don't like him. I'm a person who likes to say i don't like him, because he doesn't have any talent. His songs are poorly written, and has a voice worse than a screeching cat and a crying baby. I wouldn't go as far to say that I want him to die, just want him to stop making music

I would describe his voice more of really really feminie. I didn't even know it was a dude singing until some dudes at my school were making fun of him.

FLJ wrote:
...Look, I'm not bashing Justin Bieber. I'm sure he's a nice guy. I just don't like his music. Still, I applaud him for his popularity. Judging by how many views he's gotten, I think he's made at least $2.5M from YouTube. You have to show respect for him for doing that.

But...his popularity also disappoints me. This just proves that the public will like anything. If it isn't auto-tuned for effect, monotone rap, or sung by someone young, it won't become mainstream.

Aren't most of his videos on YouTube just watched so 99/100 people can just click the dislike button? Also, I agree with the "...proves that the public will like anything. If it isn't...it won't become mainstream" part. If say Billy Joel finally made a new song after all this time (how long has it been? The Longest Time. Ha!) probably 95-98% of the people who liked it would be middle-aged.

Whitey wrote:
Well, If i were to put in my two cents:

JUSTIN BIEBER SUCKS. I don't care about his life story, how he became famous, let him sing about love when his voice gets deeper. (i.e Hits puberty) Good day.

You've said it all.

Also, I live in Taipei, Taiwan, and my older brother worked with our school paper. He told me about how It serenaded a girl in my grade (and my bro said that It probably thought she went to a local school and possibly thought she didn't speak English). Just wanted to say that, I thought it was funny.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:43 am 
Newcomer

Justin.... :grr: :crazy: :oops: :oops: