The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: JMK: All The Wrong Moves Music Video (One Republic Parody)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:40 am 
Commentator

Check out the new JMK music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp0gkKbrjp8

Download the MP3 Version:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7kxg1m

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

Post subject: Re: JMK: All The Wrong Moves Music Video (One Republic Parody)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:45 am 
Mediate

I seriously believe that this might be the best music video...it's very hard to pick this or Games Are Our One Desire.
I freaken love this video. It's absolutely amazing. Good job.

10/10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:57 am 
Newcomer

I nearly died when I saw this.... This is by far one of the best JMK vids they've made.

In fact.... I loved it so much that when I'm done posting this I'm going to watch it again xD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:02 am 
Commentator

Now that they already got so much music videos, I'm wondering: "Why don't they give a live-stage show and sing al their hits!".
It's a possibility! So, if they ever make it to Youtube Live I would say: "Sing those songs and you'll score!". Anyways, my points: Two thumbs up and 10/10!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:57 am 
Freelancer

Location: i have lost myself if you find me tell me to remain right there and both of us will know where i am!
not really a fan of one republic so i have never heard the original but even after not hearing the original its still very good

8/10

(will probably change once i listen to the real song)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:01 pm 
Commentator

I hate to be a downer but even though I loved the music forthis one I can only gie it a 7.5 out of 10 because the graphics were really distracting. Im not sure what you were going for with the changing colors and such but I would of prefered just a stright froward video. It wasnt quite as good as "Let the goombas hit the floor" or "games are our one desire" but it was still well written! We could be lookin at the next Weird Al Yankovic here! (thats meant to be a compliment sorry if you feel that is an insult) THUMBS UP! The music by itself still earns a 10/10 :)

(One quick question is it just me or is there some sort of strange signature on he piano?....)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:47 pm 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
I REALLY liked it!!! I actually found myself singing with it the first time I watched it. ( Well, not the whole song of course. Only the part that gets repeated every time. ) I had to re-watch the video before I coud rate how it looked like, becouse I was just too busy singing. XD Anyways, I liked the video pretty much as well. So of course... 10/10!!!!

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

Well I thought it was an excellent music video, a good contrast having a slow positively charged song in contrast to a fast angry song like Let the Goombas hit the Floor. I enjoyed all the video part of the music video especially the chroma keying with the sharp character colors and the blank sky as well as the sort sneak peak at the, I'm guessing, New Stupid Mario Brothers set locations.

Like most things I have an extreme opinion on a smaller detail: the lyrics. No as glad as I am that you guys still haven't reverted to your old way and are singing about how old the song is getting, the lyrics confuse me when I break them down, specifically the chorus. "We've got all the wrong moves in Super Smash Brothers" ... What does that mean? Do you mean the characters (Mario and Luigi) have got stupid moves in the game? Do you mean Stupid Mario & Luigi keep using all the wrong moves while playing? Do you mean you're out of practice so you're not in sync with your moves? Do you mean that with Mario and Luigi's basic moves in Brawl and no items specifically the Smash Brawl they suck? That's what confused me and with every time they say that (which is a lot because it's one of those lyric songs) it's just like pressing the splinter in deeper.

Now I realize that you guys are just parodying the lyrics of an existing song but please make it make logical sense in the future. Of course Goombas didn't make sense logically but I can see that was intended. ... BOWSEEEEERRRR!!!!!!

9/10 Princes of Gameses

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:50 pm 
Commentator

I liked it a lot. I actually really enjoyed the words and they made perfect sense to me. In fact, this time around, it was the words that had me laughing (as opposed to the visuals of "Let the Goombas Hit the Floor.") I must say, I didn't like the chroma keying but I figured you were doing that to try and mix up the visuals a bit.

Guess you guys are getting mixed messages all the way around. :lol: Just don't listen to us and do what you guys do best. We'll still laugh.

^Thanks ML!^

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:35 pm 
Newcomer

I liked it, I've heard the original, and I have to say, I enjoyed this parody. I myself could relate to losing in Super Smash Bros. as I go on Zelda Universe forums and they are always waayyy better than me, and I never have won a game while playing with them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:26 pm 
Freelancer

I feel like that on Halo's multiplayer. 10/10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:12 am 
Commentator

I always want to say more and more on those videos, but I don't know what to say! It's just great to see you guys (after OBS) back in your most popular roles. I mean, you guys haven't worn the costume for a long time befor OBS came out!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:30 am 
Newcomer

I don't like the original song at all. Therefor I wan't to keen with this song either. 3/5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:55 am 
Commentator

Jock wrote:
I don't like the original song at all. Therefor I wan't to keen with this song either. 3/5

I like the parody! But that's my opnion of course!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:59 pm 
Middling

Location: Rocking back and forth on the floor, quickly going insane.
That was probably one of my favourite parodies so far. I have absolutely no idea why it was good, but it was haha