The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: How has Stupid Mario Brothers changed your life?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:28 pm 
Middling

Location: Colchester, essex, england, UK, europe, world, solar sytem, universe, galaxy
katieo97 wrote:
I do that too haha.

when i do it my friends think i've gone mad lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:47 pm 
Newcomer

stupid mario brothers has definatly changed my life. the show got me into a lot more things like some awesome video games i never heard of (Legend of Zelda, Earthbound, Metal Gear Solid, ect.), a lot more rock music and bands, and a lot more things. SMB also opened my eyes and made me a different person. before, i used to be really really stupid. i was a bit self centered and always thought things were going to go my way and i was the princess. but when i was done watching the first episode i saw from them, i began to realize a lot of stuff that i thought about for almost a year. as i continued to watch it, my whole past faded away and i became a different person. SMB changed my interests, personality, ideas, and so on so forth. i thank Richie and Chris to this very day for starting the show and keeping it running for almost 3 years. you guys really changed my life and i'm very happy you showed me my true self. thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:46 pm 
Middling

Location: Colchester, essex, england, UK, europe, world, solar sytem, universe, galaxy
-I keep singing the sign -_-
- I went and wrote 4 pages of StMB quots in my school rough book!
- I always play as luigi in anything (it used to be yoshi)
- WERE GETTING CHICKENS!!!! (not entierly sure what this has got to do with anything but yeah i'm happy about it)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:31 pm 
Novice

Well, to me you guys are the REAL Mario and Luigi (and the other characters of course!), so when I play a Nintendo game with a Stupid Mario Bros character in it, I always think about you. xD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:05 pm 
Landsman

I don't know if it was life-changing so much, but it did introduce me to a lot of different users on YT which I have grown to love.

Oh, and whenever I am doing like, lots of homework, or cleaning my room, I just put on the RMA's YT SMB Playlist for background music. It helps me concentrate... for some reason.

It also got me into the RLITFA, which I've enjoyed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:29 pm 
Newcomer

Every time im bored or sad i would think in my head "20-dollars" or "Yoshi!" and i wont be able to stop laughing for 5 minutes. And another is when Richie does the pac-man thing in the interactive adventure. cant stop laughing every time i see it :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:13 pm 
Newcomer

Location: in a castle kinda far away in the second highest room of the third tallest tower
oh yeah i see a change
- randomly giggling and muttering "$20"
- i wanna butt slam my sister when she wont move off the couch
-i play my wii alot more (i now know what i was missing out on)
-ive been inspired to make videos with my buddies
-every time i see the ups trucks in town i think of SMB
-im wanting my own costume now (might do something different like toad)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:01 am 
Fan Girl

I ordered a box-set and was delivered to me last friday by UPS.... I don't know what got into me but without thinking I got out my house to get the box and said to him:

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Mr. U P S!"

He blushed and we laughed XD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:39 am 
Freelancer

That just made me laugh Celes

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:21 pm 
Newcomer

It's taught me to loosen up, enjoy life, and it has started me on my real life. :P I got a nice camera for christmas, and I've been asking my parents for a youtube account. If I get one, I'll be making a (hopefully) good video series, inspired by SMB! I know that sounds really lame to most people, but to me, that's better than my DSi. Video making is now my one desire, and it's all thanks to Richie and Chris! (Not sarcastic.) Well, thanks again!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:17 am 
Middling

Before SMB I never liked pokemon and now I play it all the time. Also whenever I hear "20 dollars" I hear it in a funnyh voice and no one knows why besides me.

^Both brought to you by ML!^

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:07 am 
Newcomer

That I need to take a vacation once in a while, That there's no such thing as too much fun. That I can rely on the UPS man for delivering

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:25 am 
Newcomer

The Show has changed my ideas about culture, advertising and the media.

I’ve learned about:

-The concept of “Remix Culture” and was inspired to watch a video talks by Lawrence Lessig. Digital collage, fan commentary and intertextuality. The consumer becomes the artist and re-interpreter.

-“Read Write Culture” (remix culture that values participation) vs “Read only Culture” (passive consumption)

-“Culture Jamming”, “Subvertising” and Semiotics

-The First Amendment to the US Constitution, Copyright and the concept of “Fair Use”.

-Video Games as literature and learning tools. I was inspired to read books by Prof James Gee. Online forums could be viewed as learning environments.

-“Reality is Broken”. I was inspired to read a book by Jane McGonigal.

-Open body language, persuasion and Anchoring in NLP. Richie uses several powerful cultural symbols in his work. The viewers then associate these images (anchors) with him.

-Parody, Satire, Anti-celebrity, Anti-advertising. The viewers reflect on their media saturated society.

-Peer to peer marketing and free advertising. Someone recommends a product that s/he has enjoyed to his/her friends. In the case of StMB, people dress up as video game characters that they’ve enjoyed playing. They are walking advertisements. Viewers (teens and young people) become curious about the actors’ interpretations of the characters so may be inspired to buy the games.

-Fan films produced on a shoestring budget (okay, I know that these movies aren’t cheap to make, but they’re cheaper compared with a prime time advertising slot on traditional TV). I know that some brands (e.g. Doritos) are actively encouraging amateur film makers to produce commercials. Fan produced advertainment: I think that this is the future of advertising.

-My ideas about customer feedback and Graphic Product Design are now out of date. When I was younger, I was taught that consumers were to be spoon-fed with what I (the Designer) thought that they wanted. I taught that customer feedback forms and surveys were the best way to find out about public opinion on a product. I wasn’t taught that consumers could respond by singing parody songs or doing video sit-coms. I wasn’t taught about fan customisation or fan satire.

Above all, I’ve learned that everyone who plays a video game is like an actor on a virtual stage. Video games are like theatre. The interpretation of a character will be unique to an individual playing the game. So everyone is the real Mario, Luigi, Sonic, Tails etc. if they play the game. Game characters are like costumes, toys and puppets: they can shape the identity and personal development of an individual.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:21 am 
Newcomer

- When I'm with my friends I sometimes through a paper ball and I say: OH, A GORILLA AHHHH!!!
- I saw a FEDEX man and I told him: Shut up fedex!! haha
- Everytime I see any Waluigi picture, I think: from mona??
- I've always hated Wario and Waluigi, but after SMB, I like them as the mario brothers.
- I can't see 20 dollars and stay without saying: twenty dollas!! with a funny voice.
- When I play ''bodies'' on guitar hero, I always sing: Let the goombas hit the floor.
- Madonna is not virgin anymore, she is a plumber.
- I can't core youtube and look for something appart of SMB or something from Richalvarez.
- I have a coconut and a mango at home, I always play with them.
- SMB makes me feel better when I'm sad or ill, NEVER CHANGE GUYS!! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:53 pm 
Novice

For one it inspired me and some of my pals to go out and make our own short skit videos.
Laugh out loud when we watch them.
Feel great after watching them when we are feeling down.
The videos are great for cheering people up.
We end up singing I'm a plumber and Let the Koopas hit the floor all the time.
When I get mad at someone I often say "Your just Bowser who never had a mother".
Often times me and my pals will be talking then be like like in smb at random points.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next