The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: General Forum Role Playing Discussions and Idea Pooling
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:18 pm 
Intermediate

Such a long and formal title, isn't it?
(If this is in the wrong place, admins, feel free to move it)

Since it's a rather (unfortunately) dead art upon the forums now, I'm here trying to invoke some interest within the general public to try and get them back into posting within the forum RPGs. These pages used to see a lot of awesome/fun times before and it's a shame to see them come to such a grinding halt (especially for those RPGs that were left to die before their end). So, with that said, lets open up a discussion to try and pool some ideas and interest back into RPGing in general.

Below, we're welcome to discussion the RPG section to whatever means you may have (in general). What RPGs would you like to see? What RPGs do you want to try and return to? How available are you to participate within the RPGs? Anything that may be of some concern for people in that sense and, of course, the focus should remain to try and drive back some interest and get people RPGing again.

Also, below here I've included a list of RPGs people may/do what to either start or get rolling again. If people want to include other RPGs into this list, post and request it and it can be added for better notice.

That's it. Beyond which, it's up to you if you wanna get things rolling again.

--------------------------------
RPGs Wanting To Begin:
--------------------------------

- "Ethereal Dominance" (Currently in Sign-up and needing more people)

------------------------------------
RPGs Wanting To Continue:
------------------------------------

- "The MM RPG: Part 3"
- "A Lady's Quest - Chapter 6: Forest of Condemnation"

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

Post subject: Re: General Forum Role Playing Discussions and Idea Pooling
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:58 pm 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
I'd LOVE to see the RPC come back to life. It used to be a good part of the reason why I came on here. (Which might be part of the reason why I died out on here for a bit.) But yeah. I will be pretty available for RPing I think, especially with the summer vacation coming... ALTHOUGH I will probarbly be away for a few weeks in it though, going on a vacation. As for RPs... I've got a few ideas, although some require quite a few RPers, if not enough the RPers would probarbly need to take on at least 2 'main characters'. (To take ALQ examples, Lady Ashen, Fravir, Korgen, etc. are main characters, Aiesha (I hope I spelled that name right) being a side character.) Although I, of course, dunno wether or not people would be interested in it... Or if the ideas are any good. XD

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:18 pm 
Commentator

I would really love to see RPGs being revived. For a while; it was the only thing keeping me on the forums.

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:43 pm 
Commentator

I'll allow it to stay for now, since it's a discussion about how to get a section of the forum back in shape, instead of being just an RPG or a discussion about one RPG.

If Adam wants it in the RPG section though, we will move it then.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:52 pm 
Commentator

I would love to participate in RPs again. I came in kind of late to the scene and as such when the forums died I was disappointed that the RPG section died as well. There were some pretty good RPs going on. I think Id like to see the pokemon RPG revived especially :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:43 pm 
Veteran

I'd definitely participate in the RPG's again. I always to try to keep posting. It's a little easier for me to come here than the RPD forums. Don't tell Seph I said that >_<

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:00 pm 
Commentator

TheInsanityProd wrote:
I'd definitely participate in the RPG's again. I always to try to keep posting. It's a little easier for me to come here than the RPD forums. Don't tell Seph I said that >_<

Sephi hasnt been around in quite some time from my understanding. Same reason as everyone else I guess. She used to be quite the RPer on the richalvarez forums too. I think RPD was partially her way of attempting to revive the RPG section or at least expand it :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:03 pm 
Intermediate

Well, I'm glad to know there's some people interested in trying to get things going again. :)

Concerning my old RPG I tried to start with Char, "Ethereal Dominance", I was hoping we'd find at least 1-2 people per side, so things would remain most interesting from the beginning (so, anywhere from 4-8 people minimum). However, the main reason things never got started was because, of the four that signed up, they all chose to be "sane" or "good guys", and we couldn't work with that. I was gonna play the main villain (to come in a bit after things got going between the other RPGers in the war) and Char was gonna play one of the "Stricken" people (an "Anti-Hero" type, and I'm sort of sure that was her plan). Beyond that, we needed at least one villain beyond me and (again) at least one person per side.

Here's a link to the old topic. I might make a new sign-up to keep things updated, if we'd like to get this one going, finally.
http://stupidmariobrosfansite.freeforums.org/ethereal-dominance-sign-up-t7250.html

Remember:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:26 pm 
Role Player

LordGavin wrote:
Well, I'm glad to know there's some people interested in trying to get things going again. :)

Concerning my old RPG I tried to start with Char, "Ethereal Dominance", I was hoping we'd find at least 1-2 people per side, so things would remain most interesting from the beginning (so, anywhere from 4-8 people minimum). However, the main reason things never got started was because, of the four that signed up, they all chose to be "sane" or "good guys", and we couldn't work with that. I was gonna play the main villain (to come in a bit after things got going between the other RPGers in the war) and Char was gonna play one of the "Stricken" people (an "Anti-Hero" type, and I'm sort of sure that was her plan). Beyond that, we needed at least one villain beyond me and (again) at least one person per side.

Here's a link to the old topic. I might make a new sign-up to keep things updated, if we'd like to get this one going, finally.
http://stupidmariobrosfansite.freeforums.org/ethereal-dominance-sign-up-t7250.html

... I still had to sign up on that, didn't I? XD Well, suppose I should do that soon. And now, I'm not exactly sure wether I'll be an anti-hero or a villian... Love RPing as bad guys, so yeah. XD

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:30 pm 
Intermediate

StupidMarioFanChar wrote:
... I still had to sign up on that, didn't I? XD Well, suppose I should do that soon. And now, I'm not exactly sure wether I'll be an anti-hero or a villian... Love RPing as bad guys, so yeah. XD

You were sort of a secondary villain, I believe. One that was unknown of which side they belonged to, but was very dark and evil in most actions, though never siding with me and the rising tides of the insane. Just saying what I remember.

We'd still need some people to be "Stricken" though and/or "Sane" (since I'm sure some that signed up won't be returning) and MAYBE some "Possessed" or "Insane". Insane is the least demanding of them all and could be played with characters that aren't direct players, but possessed would be nice to have at least one for, sane at aleast 2-3 for, and stricken at least 2 for.

Remember:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:37 pm 
Role Player

LordGavin wrote:
StupidMarioFanChar wrote:

You were sort of a secondary villain, I believe. One that was unknown of which side they belonged to, but was very dark and evil in most actions, though never siding with me and the rising tides of the insane. Just saying what I remember.[quote]

Ah, yeah. That's about what I remember... Quick reboot on what Stricken and such is again though? XD

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:34 pm 
Intermediate

"Stricken" are people in conflict with the spirit's inside them. They're not entirely good or evil and can be most susceptible to switching sides during the course of the RPG. They could also just fight for their own reasons too.

Remember:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:01 pm 
Commentator

I would like to reinstate my elemental RPG if people are willing to join as well. It was going pretty well on RPD but unfortunately was cut off due to...well that place dying as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:08 pm 
Intermediate

WhiteMage wrote:
I would like to reinstate my elemental RPG if people are willing to join as well. It was going pretty well on RPD but unfortunately was cut off due to...well that place dying as well.

Go ahead and make a sign-up for what-not again, if you want. I'd include it in the list and, hopefully, help drive some interest with it as well. ;D

Remember:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:25 pm 
Intermediate

LordGavin wrote:
"Stricken" are people in conflict with the spirit's inside them. They're not entirely good or evil and can be most susceptible to switching sides during the course of the RPG. They could also just fight for their own reasons too.

I actually thought it was a very interesting premise. My issue, though, is that there wasn't enough background for me to know what path my character should/would/could take.

Which means that I should ask some questions

Uno) Is it a crumbling world? On a scale of 1 to Fallout, how is the condition?
Twee) What kinds of conflict is permitted in the beginning?
Tre) Is it possible to be sane and evil? IE Evil person + evil spirit in my situation would not have balance issues (Although, with the character I'm forming in my mind, it'll probably be insane)
Cetiri) You need a character besides Rancid Lame. Just so that you have an influence on the story before Pants Tame appears. I understand if Dance Game takes up all of your attention, but until Wants Cane is around, there needs to be something.

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true