The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Forumal Treasure REDISCOVERED — Sign-Up Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:54 pm 
Landsman

Location: At the NOPPCM Headquarters, preparing the world for Chris.
Edit 2: Right now there aren't enough people to start the RPG, so I'm pushing it back to Monday, March 11. If we get enough people before that, we can start early, but if we can't get enough people by then, the RPG is cancelled. Sorry to postpone it at the last second. :/

Three Octobers ago in 2010, when the forums were still booming with activity, me and a few other members of the forums started an RPG called Forumal Treasure, a forum-themed parody of (or tribute to) National Treasure. It started off decently enough, but it didn't last very long. Now, nearly two-and-a-half years later, we're going to give it another shot. The forums aren't half of what they used to be, but we're hoping that breathing new life into this RPG will also help breathe new life into the forums.

"Realistic" characters only. For the time being, there are no supernatural elements in this RPG. All of the characters are going to be ordinary humans.

CHARACTER SHEET (Copy and paste)
Character name:

Appearance:

Personality:

TIPS FOR WRITING A CHARACTER
Spoiler:
For the appearance, be as descriptive as possible. I suggest including height, weight, eye color, hair color (and maybe style), etc. Anything else is optional.

For the personality, again, be as descriptive as possible, but don't be too wordy. Also, I don't recommend trying to justify every little problem your character has. Sometimes, it's okay, but when it's like this...

"He's autistic, but he gets along with people quite easily. He has a bit of an acid-tongue and tends not to think before he speaks, but he's actually a really nice guy and has only the best intentions. He's not very athletic, but if the situation demands it, he's decently physically-able. He considers himself a leader, but is perfectly okay if someone more capable wants to take charge."

...it comes off as a bit redundant. Some things are self-explanatory. In addition, sometimes justifying a flaw like that pretty much defeats the purpose of it, or kind of kills what could make that trait interesting. Just remember that justifying and clarifying are not necessarily the same thing. :)

Anyway, here's my character sheet:

Character name: Mark

Appearance: A bit taller than average (a little over 6'), skinny, brown eyes, curly brown hair.

Personality: Pretty laid-back. Shy around strangers, but really talkative around friends. Has a tendency to aimlessly ramble and go off on tangents, mainly due to his moderately-short attention span. Doesn't like not being the leader of a group; for the most part, he has pretty good common sense, but he needs a little time to think about something before he does it, or else he makes pretty rash decisions.

Hope you can join us for the reboot of Forumal Treasure! :D

Last edited by FLJ on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Forumal Treasure REDISCOVERED — Sign-Up Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:04 pm 
Veteran

Character name: Sarah DeConte

Appearance: 5'11''. Black hair, skinny, green eyes.

Personality: A snarly individual, who will make sarcastic remarks any given chance she gets, and won't take crap. She doesn't like to take the lead, but will if she needs to. She's very dependable.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:57 am 
Freelancer

Character name: Austin

Appearance: Dark blond hair, white skin, skinny, green eyes, and a height of 5'9''.

Personality: He's sometimes optimistic in most situations. He has a sense of humor by using sarcasm and puns. He will talk to friends and try to help those he finds to be in trouble or left out from the others. He has a habit of oversleeping or not sleeping enough to be tired every morning he wakes up. He's not much of a fighter, but he will fight if he has to. He is a good guy, however he can rage easily if provoked. He's also not much of a leader, just a guy who tries to right the wrong he sees in his own view.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:13 am 
Freelancer

My character:

Character name: Jon

Appearance: Tall, dark brown hair and eyes, casual clothing, glasses, skinny

Personality: Anti-social but snarky. Jon is a nerd and proud but doesn't like to be in the centre of action or conflict. But he still stands for what's right and helps his friends when possible and has a fine sense of humour.

Note: Don't worry guys I'm not gonna screw this up. I've learnt plenty in these last couple of years. So come on and have some fun in this RP :)

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

Report this post