The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Forum Wars III: Main Thread (Gavin and Jasey Tied)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:24 pm 
Commentator

Welcome to Forum Wars III Everyone! I'm sure some of you are wondering just what this is. This game is a revival of a very popular forum game from back in the early days of our beloved forum. The game is simple, two forum members go head to head, and the rest of the forum votes to decide who is the winner. It's a game of friendship, competition, and the spirit of the forum. It gives Forum Veterans a chance to shine, Forum Underdogs a chance to make a name for themselves, and Newcomers a chance to make themselves known/make new friends. Many forum members will enter, but at the end of the day, only one will be crowned the winner of Forum Wars III.

This is the Ultimate Forum Battle... of Ultimate Destiny! (Oh Cheesy References to Internet Videos, is there no place your references can't touch?)

If you're curious what the last two Forum Wars looked like, check out these handy links. (The threads are locked, so you can't post. Nice try.)
http://stupidmariobrosfansite.freeforums.org/forum-wars-finished-t1156.html (Forum Wars I)
http://stupidmariobrosfansite.freeforums.org/forum-wars-2-final-battle-now-up-t1523.html (Forum Wars II)

So, every fun games obviously needs rules right? (Yeah, Yeah. Boo all you want. Remember Forum Wars II? That's why we need the rules.) Here we go!
1. You can only vote once per battle. (The Forum Chooses the Winner, not you and your friend only.)
2. You can't vote for yourself. (We all know you will, don't give me that face.) You can't vote for the other person either. (But why would you anyway?) Pretty much, when it's your battle, you don't vote. The Forum will decide your fate. Go make friends here.
3. No Chatting about the game here. This is for votes only. No "Only One More Vote!" "Vote for XXX", ect. That's why this thread was made: http://stupidmariobrosfansite.freeforums.org/forum-wars-iii-chatter-campaign-thread-new-edit-t7646.html (Cue "Ohhh, that's why THO made it.) I need to count the votes, and it only makes it harder when everyone and their mother is saying "Come on! Come on! Vote for me/XXX!"
4. No Flaming. You're free to say why you voted for the person, but if I see any personal attacks, I will step in. Don't make me step in.
5. Please, Please don't make multiple accounts for the sake of giving yourself more votes. I'm not making a post count restriction this time (because let's be honest, it's not hard for people to get a high post count on this forum.), so please don't do that. We can see if another account comes from a similar IP. (The one person who had this issue in Forum Wars II has been waved of the charges set by Trys for this game. I'm giving everyone a clean slate. DO NOT MAKE ME REGRET IT.)
6. Check back here for updates on who wins/who's up against who.
7. In order to keep things as fair as possible, (meaning only active forum members can vote, and to prevent cheaters from making accounts just to vote, as well as prevent profiles that have no posts on them from suddenly coming back just to vote) You must have an account that has been active for at least 1 month and have made at least 100 posts. Harvey is the only exception (it wouldn't be fair to prevent Harvey from voting when allowed to take part in the game.) IF YOU ARE A MEMBER WHO HAS UNDER 100 POSTS, BUT IS A REGULAR MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY THROUGH THE CHATROOM, SEND ME A PM SO THAT I CAN ALLOW YOU TO VOTE.
8. HAVE FUN. (No this rule doesn't trump the other rules. Nice try.)

Check the next post for the Tournament Board.

Good luck everyone! May new friendships be made, may old ones be strengthened, and may the best member win!
I said May way too many times.
Dawn is prettier than May. *Runs away from AdminAdam's wrath*

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

Post subject: Re: Forum Wars III: Main Thread (Expected to Start Next Week
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:27 pm 
Commentator

TOURNAMENT BRACKETS

We're keeping it simple this time in Forum Wars III. It will not be group battles like in Forum Wars II, or voting on two battles at once. One Battle. One Bracket. May the best member win.

(Tournament Bracket were decided by typing member's names in a document, then each name was given a number next to it, and a random number generator was used to decide who gets picked. The order you see below was based on who's number was picked first.)

(I will have each match last 3 days, that way the tournament doesn't drag on for too long, but at the same time, gives people time to put in votes for the Tournament. All times are EST. So please keep this in mind.)

Round 1:
Celes vs NethaEmerald (Celes won. 6-3)
JRPictures vs Relzer (Relzer won. 6-3)
TheInsanityProd vs StupidMarioFanChar (StupidMarioFanChar won. 5-3)
Nitsua94 vs Kojeen (Nitsua94 won. 7-3)
TheSindigo vs LordGavin (LordGavin won. 7-2)
Plasticmanticor vs Cap (Cap won. 7-3)
MarioMesser vs FLJ (MarioMesser won. 7-5)

Punkcick16 advanced due to an odd number. However, in Round 2, Punkcick16 was the first to go. Punkcick16 faced off with Celes in Round 2 since Celes won the first match.

Round 2:
Punkcick16 vs Celes (Punkcick16 won. 6-3)
Relzer vs StupidMarioFanChar (StupidMarioFanChar won. 8-6)
Nitsua94 vs LordGavin (LordGavin won. 7-0)
Cap vs MarioMesser (MarioMesser won. 6-5)

Semi-Finals:
Punkcick16 vs StupidMarioFanChar (Punkcick16 won. 6-5)
LordGavin vs MarioMesser (LordGavin won. 7-4.)

Finals:
Punkcick16 vs LordGavin (Now until Sunday, June 17th at 11:59 pm)

The Winner of Forum Wars III is ________

GOOD LUCK!

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

Post subject: Re: Forum Wars III: Main Thread (Starts Monday at Midnight E
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:03 am 
Commentator

ROUND 1

Celes vs NethaEmerald.

Vote on who you want to win.

You have until Wednesday at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time.

Good luck to both members. Remember, anyone who has been a member for at least a month and has at least 100 posts (harvey is the exception, although active chat members please pm me for permission to vote.) may vote in Forum Wars III.

Any questions, comments and concerns are for the Campaign/Chatter thread, not here. Only votes are here.

Let the games begin!

Post subject: Re: Forum Wars III: Main Thread (Round 1, Match 1 until Wed)
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:12 am 
Freelancer

Celes!!! :cheers:

;) :hug:

Last edited by Nitsua94 on Mon May 07, 2012 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:16 am 
Freelancer

Location: i have lost myself if you find me tell me to remain right there and both of us will know where i am!
well both members are very good, but for the fact that through the years i have been through many great conversations and Rp's with this person i am going to have to say nethaemerald

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:28 am 
Freelancer

Celes of course. :D ;)

Super Mario Numb3rs Forum: http://supermarionumb3rs.freeforums.org/index.php

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:29 am 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
Celes.

Also, THO...
TheHiddenOne wrote:
Celes vs NethaEmblem.

I thought it was NethaEmerald...? Or did I miss something?

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:53 pm 
Commentator

StupidMarioFanChar wrote:
Also, THO...
TheHiddenOne wrote:
Celes vs NethaEmblem.

I thought it was NethaEmerald...? Or did I miss something?

Son of a.... It's fixed now. Don't know why I did that.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:58 pm 
Veteran

Hmm... I've had good rpgs with Netha, but Celes is a fellow rock chick. I'll vote for Celes.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:25 pm 
Intermediate

Well, there's only one logical solution: Vote for the person that's as equally awesome and good looking as I am. ;D
My vote's for Celes. ;3

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:27 pm 
Lieutenant

I remember both members.

Celes. c:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:26 pm 
Intermediate

Hmm. Celes is probably the more interesting person, but I already know two people similar to Celes. That's enough for me. I vote for the Nethalands.

Every moment spent whining is forever a moment lost from doing something about it
Also, THO has lost the game. It's true

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:22 pm 
Mediate

Ii say Neethaa...

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:00 am 
Commentator

Well, with a score of 6-3, Celes moves on to Round 2. She will face of with Punkcick16.

But for now, let's move on to the next match of Round 1.

JRPictures versus Relzer.

You have until Saturday at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time. Remember, as long as a member has been active for one month on the forum or the chat, (for the forum, they must have at least 100 posts, harvey is the exception) they are allowed to vote.

Good luck to you both.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:02 am 
Mediate

I pick Reelz! ^__^

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next