Welcome to Forum Wars III Everyone! I'm sure some of you are wondering just what this is. This game is a revival of a very popular forum game from back in the early days of our beloved forum. The game is simple, two forum members go head to head, and the rest of the forum votes to decide who is the winner. It's a game of friendship, competition, and the spirit of the forum. It gives Forum Veterans a chance to shine, Forum Underdogs a chance to make a name for themselves, and Newcomers a chance to make themselves known/make new friends. Many forum members will enter, but at the end of the day, only one will be crowned the winner of Forum Wars III.
This is the Ultimate Forum Battle... of Ultimate Destiny! (Oh Cheesy References to Internet Videos, is there no place your references can't touch?)
If you're curious what the last two Forum Wars looked like, check out these handy links. (The threads are locked, so you can't post. Nice try.)http://stupidmariobrosfansite.freeforums.org/forum-wars-finished-t1156.html
(Forum Wars I)http://stupidmariobrosfansite.freeforums.org/forum-wars-2-final-battle-now-up-t1523.html
(Forum Wars II)
So, every fun games obviously needs rules right? (Yeah, Yeah. Boo all you want. Remember Forum Wars II? That's why we need the rules.) Here we go!
1. You can only vote once per battle. (The Forum Chooses the Winner, not you and your friend only.)
2. You can't vote for yourself. (We all know you will, don't give me that face.) You can't vote for the other person either. (But why would you anyway?) Pretty much, when it's your battle, you don't vote. The Forum will decide your fate. Go make friends here.
3. No Chatting about the game here. This is for votes only. No "Only One More Vote!" "Vote for XXX", ect. That's why this thread was made: http://stupidmariobrosfansite.freeforums.org/forum-wars-iii-chatter-campaign-thread-new-edit-t7646.html
(Cue "Ohhh, that's why THO made it.) I need to count the votes, and it only makes it harder when everyone and their mother is saying "Come on! Come on! Vote for me/XXX!"
4. No Flaming. You're free to say why you voted for the person, but if I see any personal attacks, I will step in. Don't make me step in.
5. Please, Please don't make multiple accounts for the sake of giving yourself more votes. I'm not making a post count restriction this time (because let's be honest, it's not hard for people to get a high post count on this forum.), so please don't do that. We can see if another account comes from a similar IP. (The one person who had this issue in Forum Wars II has been waved of the charges set by Trys for this game. I'm giving everyone a clean slate. DO NOT MAKE ME REGRET IT.)
6. Check back here for updates on who wins/who's up against who.
7. In order to keep things as fair as possible, (meaning only active forum members can vote, and to prevent cheaters from making accounts just to vote, as well as prevent profiles that have no posts on them from suddenly coming back just to vote) You must have an account that has been active for at least 1 month and have made at least 100 posts. Harvey is the only exception (it wouldn't be fair to prevent Harvey from voting when allowed to take part in the game.) IF YOU ARE A MEMBER WHO HAS UNDER 100 POSTS, BUT IS A REGULAR MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY THROUGH THE CHATROOM, SEND ME A PM SO THAT I CAN ALLOW YOU TO VOTE.
8. HAVE FUN. (No this rule doesn't trump the other rules. Nice try.)
Check the next post for the Tournament Board.
Good luck everyone! May new friendships be made, may old ones be strengthened, and may the best member win!I said May way too many times.Dawn is prettier than May. *Runs away from AdminAdam's wrath*