The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Forum Awards: Category Submissions (CLOSED)
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:31 pm 
Commentator

So, by request of a few forum members, we're going ahead with Forum Awards. I should note, this probably won't start until after Forum Wars III is over, but that's ok.

Anyway, I didn't announce this earlier because, well... I'll level with you all. I'm not the most creative person ever. (What a shocker!) Yeah, add it to my list of why THO fails at life.

Anyway, due to my life as a failure, I've come to grovel... errr ask you all for your help. After all, like Forum Wars, the success or failure of this event rides on you. So hopefully we can have categories that you all would like to vote for.

I have some ideas, but they are very basic, and I would like to see if anyone else wants to add to this list, or feels my ideas suck goombas. (Hey, we're near the series finale of the show that created this forum. A reference was begging to be made.)

Here's what I got:
Best RP Member
Forum Picasso
Best Writer
Friendliest Member

... That's really all I have, besides a gag award "Most likely to destroy the world." So yeah, I'd like to hear from you guys what categories you would like to have. After all, this is your community, and you guys know what best represents it. Let's keep away from the negative categories. (I'll save you the trouble, I win worst forum member ever.)

Anyway, why don't we keep this open for 2 weeks? That should give everyone plenty of time to think of other categories. Remember though, we're not voting for anyone yet. That's for after Forum Wars III.

That's all for now. I'll let you know when we'll officially start this soon.

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

Post subject: Re: Forum Awards, Help Select the Categories!
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:44 pm 
Intermediate

Ideas:
- Best RP Hero (Person who always role-plays a good hero)
- Best RP Villain (Person who always role-plays a villain)
- Community Nerdpedia (Biggest nerd of anything/everything)
- Chatter-Box (Person that talks too much)
- Forum MVP (Most Valuable Poster)
- Strangest Tree (Person that's just mighty strange)

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:37 pm 
Veteran

This is all I could think of for now. I'll edit this post if I think of more.

- Person with the biggest ego (I just want to see if Gavin or Plastic, maybe even someone else, would win it)
- Biggest Fan
- Most Involved Forum Member
- Best Signature
- Best Avatar
- Most Active Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:00 pm 
Commentator

Perhaps the first should be for the best forum award category XD
-best comedian (sort of like a class clown sort of category its all about the comedy)
-best commentator (someone who likes to comment on others work and does it respectfully/well)
-best leader (could be an admin/moderator but could also be a person in the forums who gets others together via speaking to them and working things out amung them)
-best musician (did you know there are actually skilled in music on this site? Most of them hang around the music thread)
-best debaters (check out the debate section though it may seem dead now there are some people who still love to debate)
-best gamer (people who hang out in the game section are often fun to hang around with. This will give voters a chance to maybe even nominate a few newbies!)
-best film-maker(there are alot of people on this site who make fan videos...or just videos of their own)
-best couple
-best couple that never was (two people that were "made for eachother" but could never be together in real life for various reasons)
-shyest forum member (someone whos always around but rarely posts)
-Most cheerful member (speaks for itself)
...well thats about all I can think of for now...

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:43 pm 
Newcomer

Everything else I thought of has already been said, but you could have Best Veteran and Best Newcomer awards.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:11 am 
Commentator

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. They're all in consideration, and you'll definitely see a few of them in Forum Awards.

Just a reminder for anyone who has any more ideas, there's one week left to submit ideas. Next Thursday I lock down the thread and start setting everything up for Forum Awards.

I have decided that Forum Awards Nominations will officially begin once the final match of Forum Wars III concludes. That way we keep up the momentum here on the forum.

That's all for now. Remember, 1 week to go for category suggestions, and Forum Awards Nominations won't start until after the final match of Forum Wars III.

-THO

Super Smash Brothers 4 - October 3rd(3DS)/Holiday 2014(Wii U). Currently up to a 37 (39 if you count each Mii Fighter as a separate character) Character Roster. Already past Melee, 3 (1 again if you count each Mii separate) below Brawl.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:17 am 
Freelancer

best jump-in RPG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

Best Admin? OH WAIT. StMB Number 1 Fan? NEVERMIND.

I'm shooting for "Person with the biggest ego" if you didn't notice. lol Better luck next time, Gavin!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:58 pm 
Commentator

AdminAdam wrote:
Best Admin? OH WAIT. StMB Number 1 Fan? NEVERMIND.

I'm shooting for "Person with the biggest ego" if you didn't notice. lol Better luck next time, Gavin!

Hey, I have person with the biggest ego locked in.

Also, Cynical A**hole. You may have been endorsed by Rich and Chris on those categories, but I've been endorsed by Wario and Waluigi themselves. There goes the best endorsement category.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:06 pm 
Commentator

I agree with best jump-in rpg; as well as best sign up rpg.

Thanks ML!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:14 pm 
Commentator

Alright, well two weeks are up. I'll see what categories are the best for Forum Awards, and maybe you'll see yours during the nominations.

Thanks to everyone who suggested a category! I'll see you all for Forum Awards following the final match of Forum Wars III.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]