The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Ethereal Dominance - RPG
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:45 am 
Role Player

Russell was leaning against the wall in an alley by himself. Russell loved the new spirit apocalypse. His spirit Zasraco gave him much power that he could use freely. Zasraco agreed to let Russell use his powers of shooting black and red energy balls if he would do something in return. What Zasraco wanted is something Russell doesn't even know.

"So you still refuse to tell me what it is I have to do?" Zasraco said nothing. "No matter I'm sure with my new power I can do anything in the world."

"I think you're forgetting its my power." Zasraco said. "I know I'm in your body but don't think those powers belong to you."

"Ah, look who decided to speak. If I die you'll most likely die as well. So who would lose there?" Russell said slyly. Zasraco didn't answer him.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:06 pm 
Intermediate

Mathew continued along his aimless path through the city under the noon-day sun. Since his last meal the other day, having dined on most of the frail carcass he had claimed, he hadn't done much else to feed himself; let along been stimulated by any means of an eventful day. For the last several hours, he had just continued his blankly walk down throughout the faintly familiar streets of his past, resting occasionally and never sleeping. It wasn't in his best interest to sleep in these parts anyway. There was more to be concerned with than just the insane after all.

The possessed were among those of with he had to fear.

Still, given his luck, he had yet to come across anything of any mind concern since he trek had begun. Sometimes, he'd catch a glimpse of a spirit flying aimlessly throughout the ruin, or perhaps a stricken or insane person who merely kept to themselves. Beyond which, the streets had been deserted, which was fine for him. He didn't want to have to fight anyone right now anyway.

If there was anything he craved right then though, it was fruit. In all honestly, it came to him as such disbelief that a mere, simple desire as fruit would come to his mind at this time, but he was hungry. And, despite there being a teeming amount of meat one could find littered amongst the city, much anything else was a rarity; especially fruit. There was little in the way of forest lands within the barrier and no farmlands, so he was ill-pressed if he was going to find any. Still, his hopes raised the further out from the city center he got and out towards the forested and residential parts. There he might yet be lucky enough to find something good and fresh.

He was only just beginning to enter into that area now, what with the sight of the trees out off in the distance. These parts saw less activity than the center did, mainly because the insane made up most of the populous there. Most everyone else merely did their best to try and hide or survive the catastrophe; much like he did. They held little hope that the outside world would do anything for them now, but hope they still held for them. If not, then they'd all surely burn in Hell once their time finally arrived.

Off in the distance, Mathew thought he heard something. Taking his precautions, he halted his movements and stood still for a moment, listening earnestly to the silence around him. Thankfully, whatever it was, it was far away from him now and probably nothing of his concerns. Still, given it headed out within his general direction, he felt inclined to seek it out and learn the exact nature of sound. Had it been life beyond the senselessness that had pervaded his surroundings, he might just enjoy the momentary sanity to be found within their presence.

And if it only turned out of be the insane or possessed, he'd murder then swifter for having wasted his time.

Once more, Mathew continued along the barren streets, heading in the direction of the distance noise, hoping to find himself the means to some mild comfort.

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:24 pm 
Commentator

"Little boy I asked you nicely now please come away from those men..." Crystal kept her distance while staring back at the boy waiting for him to move. She could sense it fully now. The boy had a strong spirit inside of him that was protecting him and also causing him to lose his senses. However try as she may she could not identify the spirits power and it was beginning to bother her.

The boy didnt even flinch just continued to stand there staring at her. His eyes were glazed over as if in thought. It was pretty clear he was talking to his personal spirit. Elaines spirit often found ways of reading the feelings of other spirits but even she found herself puzzled at this spirits strange presence. It was almost as if he was being blocked by something.

"Please listen to me...come away from those men its not safe here." Crystal continued to plead with the boy although she knew it was worthless. After all what was she to him but a stranger. Why would he trust her especially after she barged in so violently? No...she could not think such things right now. This place was no longer safe and time was passing rather quickly.

"Come on were getting you out of here." Crystal moved forward past the men and grabbed a hold of the boy by the wrist. She had enough of this. There was no time to lose she had to get him out of here.

Still the boy refused to budge. "No!" The young boys voice echoed across the walls of the alleyway and out into the streets as he struggled to get out of Crystals grip. "Mommy!" the boy cried out in vain as the woman who was behind him had long since disappeared in the confusion.

Crystal let go of the boy realizing that she was not thinking straight. Something about the area here had begun to distort her mind and caused her to lose herself. As she glanced around she noticed that the walls seemed to be closing in on her as her head begin to spin and swirl in the growing insanity.

"Crystal whats wrong with you?" Elaine could feel Crystals heart beat accelerate as the boy managed to escape Crystals grasp. The walls eventually stopped spinning as Crystal forced herself to breathe a bit more normally. Elaine did her best to comfort her from within slowly putting the pieces together and figuring out what exactly just happened.

"The boy..." Crystal gasped as she continued to try and calm herself. "His ability I think I figured it out." Crystal sat up on the ground holding her chest as her heart slowly began to slow and go back to its normal pace. She slowly sat up and looked back at the boy who stared back at her curiously a blank expression on his youthful face.

"Same here." Said Elaine as she pushed herself further into Crystals consciousness trying to take over. "He is indeed more dangerous then he looks..." Elaine managed to push her spirit past Crystals exchanging places with her so that she was now the one on the outside. "Now you rest...Ill take care of this little brat."

Crystal slowly fell into a deep sleep as Elaine took over the rest of Crystals body making it so she could move her about more freely. Elaine slowly stood up and stared down at the child. Her eyes were filled with fire as she slowly closed her hand around the boys wrist.

Just then she jumped as a giant arm came swinging from behind and just barely grazed her chest. It seemed the giant had decided to finally wake up. Elaine backed up as she stared at the man whos eyes looked somehow different then before.

The man seemed to be confused for a moment as he looked at Elaine. "Youre not the same woman who was here earlier." he said simply to her as he glanced over her body probably wondering just how long he had been out for. However his focus didnt last on her for very long as he turned to see the boy behind her and immediately his temper flared.

"You! Is this more of your work?!" he said glaring down at the boy as he forcefully pushed himself past Elaine and went towards the boy who by now had backed even further into the alley into a small wired fence that seperated the two alleys from one another. The man seemed to gaze from side to side searching for something. Elaine stayed where she was not wanting to further aggravate the man. Besides there was something odd about him...

"Boss..." Elaine nearly jumped as she realized that the thug Crystal had thrown down earlier was still awake and had been laying there the entire time. The large man turned around confused for a moment before settling his sight on that of his fallen comrade. It was only then he noticed the bloody body next to him.

"What the hell happened here?!" the man turned back to Elaine as his eyes began to light up with a newfound fire. Slowly it began to dawn on him the sequence of event that had unfolded here. He thought back to what had happened before he had gotten knocked out and then slowly put two and two together as he glanced about the alley way in confusion.

Elaine watched as the thug on the ground slowly sat up clutching at his chest. She could tell from the way Crystal had thrown him that she had managed to do more then break a few bones. Without medical attention this man didnt have long to live. Just as she was thinking that the man fell forwards continuing to clutch at his chest as he coughed and his hand came up red. Elaine just watched not caring whether this man lived or died.

The larger thug turned around and walked over to his fallen comrades side. Suddenly he grabbed the man by the throat and lifted him. "Tell me...what happened here." The mans eyes were completely shrouded now as he glared at his friend.

Elaine didnt move an inch. She suddenly picked up on what she couldnt sense before. Much the same as the child this man wasnt what he seemed to be. No...it was clear to her now. This man was possessed by an insane spirit. A powerful one.
--------------
Meanwhile above all of the action in the alley a lone figure sat atop the buildings edge watching the scene from afar. Her long thin legs swung lightly from side to side as she gazed upon the scene before her with a mild interest and she smirked quietly at the mans insanity. Seemed things were finally about to get interesting.

"Its about time." she said to herself licking her lips lightly with delight. "This isnt quite what I expected...but this should play out nicely nonetheless. Now little puppets...what shall you do?" her grin grew as she continued to keep a close eye on the goings on below her.
--------------
The thug coughed more blood spitting from his mouth as he stared horrified into his bosses eyes. He slowly answered as best he could muster. "That...lady...shes not the same one we were hired to get...she interfered with our plans..." The thug continued to choke on his words as he tried his best to escape the mans grip.

Unfortunately he discovered his efforts were in vain. "Please...let...go...cant...breathe" the thug unable to escape got his wish a moment later as the large man with a single flick of his wrist threw him against the wall. The impact was enough to kill the man as he quickly fell to the ground, dead.

The large man turned his attentions towards Elaine. His eyes seemed to clear for a moment as he looked over her at first with a look of disbelief. However he immediately lowered his eyes and turned around. "Ill deal with you later." he said his voice low and threatening.

Elaine found herself shivering at the realization that this man was much more powerful then she had first estimated. Under normal circumstances she and Crystal would of been able to take him. However in this case Crystal had managed to leave all of their regular weapons at Aarons place and there was no way there was enough time to call him to come here.

She had only one option. It was time to run. Making a break for the opening of the alley way while the man was still distracted she took off at a pace that was in all regards inhuman. She had no choice but to use up what little energy Crystal had left at this point to get them out of there and away from the two insane spirits that were now dwelling within that alley way. She had to save Crystal.
---------
The figure above watched with increasing interest as the large thug went so far as to kill his old comrade in arms. "Hes completely lost himself to his spirit now." she thought to herself as she continued to stare down at them waiting to know just what would happen. The scene couldnt of played out better if she had imagined it herself.

Just as she was thinking this she noticed the woman who had been there on the scene this entire time had begun to flee. "Well this is interesting...so our little meddler has decided to run away has she?" The woman grinned. "Let her run. She bears no part in this story anyway. Now it is time to see how this tale shall end..." she glanced back towards the large thug who was now nearing the boy who seemed to have been in a daze all this time. "Come now little Jacob...show our dear thug Grant your true power."

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:15 pm 
Novice

Suddenly an echoing cackle could be heard throughout the alleyway. The thug stopped dead in his tracks while Elaine ran.

A jacketed figured appeared appeared in front of the thug, and cackled once more, confirming that he was the voice ringing out.

*MY MY, ARENT WE THE VIOLENT ONE?* Animus exclaimed, still chuckling a bit. *I like you sir, you are STRONG!*

The man looked him dead in the eye, half out of courage, and half fear. "You'll be a nice present for the boss." He lunged at Animus.

Animus teleported behind him. *Sorry big guy, wrong answer!*

He rubbed his hands together, first slowly as if washing them, then faster and faster until the became a blur. His hands began to glow blue, then suddenly...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A blinding blue bolt of energy flew from his hands, so bright that Melissa had to look away. The bolt hit the man square int he chest, ripping a hole straight through him.

Animus teleported himself a mere six inches from the dying thug. *Its a shame really, we could've been a GREAT team.* And with that, Animus snapped his neck, and the thug fell, dead, with a still bleeding gap in his chest.

Animus sniffed at the air, then looked directly at a girl, running away.

He felt the pain in his chest, signifying his time was almost up.

*Next time, little darling. I bet your blood is beautiful.*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raux came to in an abandoned apartment building. Seeing the blood and static energy left on his hands, he began to sob.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:45 pm 
Newcomer

Seeing a bright blue light in the darkness volke decided to investigate. Lights in the darkness always confused him and he had an irresistable urge to snuff it out. Darting from building to building volke was quick like a rabbit and got to the scene just in time to see a strange man watching a girl run away holding a dead body. Volke was severly confused... where had this strange light come from. Was it the dead guy or this living man. He wanted to investigate this so keeping a safe distance away he followed the man to the abodoned apartment. Once he layed down though volke nearly lost intrest until he came to and started crying. Was this the same man he has seen earlier? interest now piqued volke decided to follow this person. but first a quick nap it didnt seem like this strange person would be moving around to quickly. Volke went to sleep alerting Shadow to wake him up if anything happened. Volke wouldnt miss this chance to test his skill if the man turned out to be the one with the light.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:14 am 
Freelancer

Ryder walks down the stairs with the book in hand. Curious on what the voice was and if he should trust it. Ryder slowly makes it down and walks into the bar to notice Miles wasn't there. But then he notices Miles behind a pile rubble looking out the bar windows to the outside.

"Scary isn't it?" Ryder asked.

"What out there?" Miles replied. "Nah, just prefer to have b¡tches who don't know how to drive with honking horns rather than this."

"So how's the food?" Ryder asks.

"It's enough to last us two days," Miles replied.

"I thought you were going to make a sarcastic joke out of that," Ryder said.

"I would if I could," Miles said. "Truth is, none of this funny and there's something beyond natural going on out there."

"I believe so," Ryder nodded in agreement turning the book from the back and front side.

"Latin?" Miles asks.

Ryder tried to make something up that he didn't hear a voice in the library and that he took the book off the shelf for his own reason. "It would be nice to know the language that many people have a connection to the many worlds beyond ours."

"Like a connection to god or something?" Miles wonders.

"Not necessarily," Ryder said. "Back before all this happened, I was studying some witchcraft and latin to see how much I can improve on my first book. I've put the subject down and a few weeks later, bam, the whole city went from nice citizenship to a riot, and it's still continuing."

"So it's just research for your book?" Miles said for his conclusion.

Even though this was kind of true, it was also because the voice told him to.

Ryder went upstairs to the library to make sure Miles wasn't around. Ryder flipped through the pages seeing some phrases and words being translated into latin. Words like the darkness or shadow being called "Tenebrae." Infinity is "Infinitas." Upwards meant "Sursum."

"Good Ryder," the voice said recurring back to him. "I see that you know a few words. But you'll need to learn more."

"Why am I really reading this book and who are you?" Ryder asks.

"This book will help you with your power," the voice said. "As for moi, I'm inside of you."

Ryder freaked out for a the moment and looked at his own body.

"Are you responsible for what's going on here?" Ryder asks.

"No," the voice said. "But I do come from the world they are from."

"Who are you?" Ryder asks.

"Well if we're going to get anywhere," she said, "I might as well introduce my. Je suis un esprit. Je m'appelle Amy. I am a spirit. My name is Amy."

"Amy?" Ryder said. "What kind of spirit are you? Are you some sort of Bloody Mary haunting me after a year of accepting that dare?"

"Hahahaha!" Amy laughed. "You're such a funny man. That's so far the only thing I like about you and Miles. You two have a friendship bond that not too many people in this city has anymore. A trustworthy friendship with humor inside of you, even in the darkest of times. It's the one reason why you are both still alive."

"How can I trust that you're not going to take over my body?" Ryder asks.

"I can't," Amy said. "I've been trying to communicate to you for months but nothing. But now, I can finally talk to you where I can send my message spiritually to your mind. I cannot speak aloud for anyone else to hear."

"Yeah, and I doubt I would want a voice box ringing in my chest," Ryder said. "Are you able to read my mind?"

"No," Amy said. "I can sense your current emotion and only hear what you speak."

"Well that's a relief," Ryder said knowing he can resume thinking of dirty thoughts. "Why did you enter inside of me anyway?"

"That's another story for me to tell you later," Amy said. "The reason why I'm wanting you to learn latin, is because you have supernatural abilities like no one other."

"Abilities?" Ryder questioned.

"Every spirit who possesses a human or becomes one with their soul can sometimes give the human supernatural abilities," Amy explained. "Some tend to look for a human that seem to match that hobby or interest. There's one thing that you and I have in common Ryder."

"What's that?" Ryder asked.

"Remember the subject you put down?" she said. "You were learning witchcraft."

"For research for a book I was writing," Ryder said. "I wasn't planning on using witchcraft."

"Non," Amy said. "You tried to commit witchcraft. But you can't seem to. Truth is Ryder anyone can have witchcraft and wizardry powers. You have the power inside of you Ryder and I can channel the power I had before into you. So together, I can help guide you and Miles out of this city. But you must be the one to remember how to use your powers and how to make sure they don't turn against you. I can teach you."

Ryder sighed to himself but couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"This is crazy. How can I trust you?" Ryder asked.

"You can't," Amy replied. "But I promise you I'm here to only help."

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:04 pm 
Commentator

Sophie wandered the streets. The streets were cluttered and chaotic; nothing like she thought the City was. That time seemed ages ago, before anything like this happened.

Sophie sighed. She sometimes wishes she could return to just hunting.

Thanks ML!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:54 pm 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
Amelia grabbed her bag, and put the cooked leftovers of the meat in a bag. The poor deer had died just because she needed food, so she wouldn't just waste it by throwing it away. "... You do realize that meat won't last incredibly long, right?" Zoey asked Amelia. "It should last a few days." "If we're lucky." Amelia sighed. It was true meat wouldn't last very long, but even so, it was worth it in her eyes.

Just then she heard a sound, as if some branches just snapped for some reason. She quickly turned around, and saw someone lunging himself at her. Amelia's eyes widdened, and froze in fear, yet luckily for her, Zoey took over and kicked the person before it could hurt them. The person flew back, and was thrown into a nearby tree.

Zoey watched quietly, as the man remained on the ground for a few moments, while a rain of leaves and small branches came down on them. The man looked like he hadn't washed himself in days; his face was covered in in mud, his clothes being pretty ripped apart and covered in blood.

After a few moments, the man moved again, and got up, then looked at Zoey. "Give me the food..." He said almost hissing, as Zoey shook her head. "Get your own!" She called, as this person was obviously an insane. The man then lunged himself at Zoey again, as Zoey quickly jumped out of the way, then used her powers to thrown the man into another tree, head first. After the man hit the tree, he fell down, this time not getting up while a red liquid began drenching his hair, giving it the same colour.

Zoey looked down at the man for a few more moments, yet as he didn't seem to get up, she turned away from him, to Amelia's things. And then she spotted another man not too far away. How long has he been watching?... Not like it mattered. "Who are you?" Zoey called out to the man, not sounding too friendly. "Why so harsh? He hasn't done anything yet." Amelia asked Zoey. "Not yet, and I'd prefer it to stay that way. For all we know, he's just another insane." "He could just be sane as well!" "Better to be safe than sorry."

~~~~~~~~~~

Ciara was walking down the streets, heading back to where she usually stayed, as she suddenly heard some voices coming from behind her. "Oh, look what we have here." "A young girl, all alone. Don't you guys think it's a bit dangerous to go out nowadays?"

Ciara turned around, and saw a small group of people, who were obviously insane, looking at her. "Especially alone" One of them said, as another nodded. "Yes, you never know what you might run into nowadays." Ciara simply looked at the group, her hand moving to the knife she'd found earlier that day.

"You think we should show her why?" Another said, a nasty grin appearing on his face. "I think we should." Another one said, before lunging himself at Ciara, who quickly drew her knife and slashes at the Insane. The Insane yelped, as the knife cut right through his stomach and fell to the ground, as he clutched his wound, while blood gushed out of it.

Ciara then simply looked at the rest of the Insane, who stood there frozen for a few moments. Another then ran at her again, as the others followed. Ciara slashed at the one who reached her first, cutting through his shoulder into his chest, then summoned a gust of wind to blow the rest of them back.

The Insane who had received the knife in his shoulder, wrapped his other arm around the wound before being blown back. He then quickly got to his feet, and decided it'd be best to run, then did so. The other Insane followed, except for the one who had been cut in the stomach, as he didn't seem to be able to get up.

Ciara looked down at the person, then turned around and continued on her way. She could've put the Insane out of his miserly, but she didn't see why she should. That he'd die slowly and most likely painfully, wasn't her business. That was his problem.

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:42 pm 
Veteran

Jenny continued to walk towards the man.

"H-hello," Jenny purposefully stuttered, startling the man.

The man jumped back, but said nothing. He stood back, firm in his place. His hair was blonde and his height of tall stature. Jenny continued to forward to put her hand on the man's shoulder, but her hand fell through. The man wasn't human.

Miros chuckled, "It seems you were the one tricked."

"What is this? It can't be a spirit. It looks too...real. No, there's too much dimension. A spirit would at least say something. What are you?!" Jenny stumbled, and yelled in the man's face.

The man stared at her blankly. The man wasn't a spirit either, it seemed.

The man opened his mouth as if to speak, "You're right. I'm not a ghost. I'm very much human. I have emotions, you know. Call me an 'it' will you? I swear people these days."

"A human isn't transparent, so why are you? You shouldn't exist. What's your name?!" Jenny questioned.

The man smirked and laughed, "Until next time, Jenny." He walked away and out of sight.

"I don't get this. What has happened to me? It doesn't make sense, Miros," Jenny asked.

"You lost your mind, remember?" Miros enlightened Jenny. "There are different types of insane, you know. Yours is borderline schizophrenic, at least until you give into eating human flesh. Your mind will be relieved of this burden. All you need is a little snack."

"I will not eat human flesh. Urgh! I'd rather deal with these delusions and hallucinations," Jenny fought. She gritted her teeth, closed her eyes, and sighed.

Miros laughed loudly as witnessed his human in misery.

"Hmm? That's no fun," Miros snarled. "If that is the case, we should find a place to stay for now."

Jenny looked down at the ground in disgust with herself, "I can agree with you on that, just this once."

Jenny dragged herself off into a seemingly deserted building.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:40 pm 
Intermediate

Mathew gazed down upon the woman that stood before him. She appeared quite young, if not attractive, given her time within the barrier. Such was that though to give him pause, as the insane were never within as such a desirable state. In fact, most everyone wasn't, unless they really tried. Such an outward appearance told to him of her sanity.

However, upon the site of the dead man against the tree a short ways away, it gave him need to have concern that she may yet be possessed.

Mathew regarded the woman's question and spoke to her. "My name is Mathew." he said, followed after by a long pause of silence.

The woman withheld her defensive stance. "What do you want?" she demanded.

Mathew once more glanced back over at the dead man by the tree. "I overheard your little encounter and came to see what was happening." he said, absently. "My question for you is, now that I'm here, what're your intentions towards me?"

The woman glared back at him. "You want some too?"

Mathew shook his head. "Unless that body isn't your own, I have no desire to."

The woman smirked. "And what if this isn't MY body? What're you gonna do about it?"

Suddenly, the air drew cold. The winds settled and frost slowly grew over his skin skin, forcing the woman to step back away from him. Mathew's eyes narrowed and his mood frozen over in the ice, leaving the new-found frost to extend out from beyond his stance. Her words feathered at his anger.

"If not, than you don't deserve it."

Mathew took one step towards her and then suddenly the woman fell back away from him. "No! Stop!" she screamed.

Mathew restrained himself.

"Amy, what're you doing?" she muttered to herself softly. Afterwards that, nothing. The woman just stood there, holding her head in dismay. Still, she remained silent, even after Mathew continued to approach her, as if horribly distracted by some other means. By then, he began understand the state the poor woman was in, being in conflict with the spirit inside of her. Yet still, she clung to her sanity, as both of the spirits struggled for dominance over her body for the simple sake of survival. This was something Mathew hadn't seen before and was worried from where it would turn to from there.

"It's alright..." she muttered again. "I'll take care of this..." Turning her eyes up to meet him once more, the woman offered him a warm, though timid, smile and greeted him. "My name's Amelia." she said, softly. "This is my body, and I intend you no harm... Please understand..."

Mathew gazed down upon her for a moment longer. Retracting is frosty aura, he allowed the earth to thaw out from beneath his feet, but he still didn't return her smile to her. "Who were you talking to?" he asked, coldly.

"Zoey... er... She's the spirit that's bound to me... We take turns using my body."

Mathew nodded. "And will she respect me enough to not kill me?"

Amelia nodded. "She will."

Suddenly snapping a finger at him, she burst out and said, "I make no promises, old man! If you dare look at my the wrong way again I'll-"

"Zoey!"

Silence followed, but hung as densely within the air as the residual presence of Mathew's aura. Taking a step closer towards her, Mathew glared at Amelia.

"Old man?..."

Amelia backed away from him. "Please..." she said, timidly. "Trust me, she's just like that. She won't hurt you... Really..."

Mathew didn't respond. Instead, he stood a light walk back over towards the stream and took a moment to calm himself over the rush of running water before him. "Alright." he said. "Do you mind if I stay with you for a time then? I haven't had the luxury of friends much to say for a while now."

Amelia nodded. "Of course... Neither have I, really."

Mathew smiled. "Thank you."

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:07 pm 
Freelancer

Chuck decided to make a trip to the outside to look for generator parts. he was sick of constantly recharging it, and so was Spur. Chuck looked in the back of his garage for a crowbar, which would be his weapon of choice. Once he had a backpack on him as well, Chuck set out of his garage. He had a key for it, so he locked the door and headed for the middle of town, where the electric plant was.

Once outside, Chuck saw that most people were inside, as the streets were now eerily empty. Chuck knew the roads very well, so finding the best way to the center of the city was not hard. The trek was slow, but eventually Chuck made it to the outskirts of the city's center. Once there, Chuck was shocked at the damage here. And all the dead bodies. "I got a bad feeling about this..." Spur said to Chuck.

Chuck also had a bad feeling. He weaved his way in between business buildings and other buildings. This reminded Chuck of his adventures in the city when he was young. One person caught Chuck's eyes, though. He had a white shirt on and some blue jeans. He looked to be walking lazily. Chuck tried his best to walk past him sneakily, but the spirit within this person caught Chuck trying this.

Troy was on his way home when he spotted a chunky man in biker goggles. Gaap was pleased to see this. "Let's have some fun Troy." Gaap said, as the possessed body ran towards Chuck. A big piece of rock flew first, almost nailing Chuck in the head. "We got a feisty one! All the more fun to kill!" Gaap hissed between Troy's lips. Chuck heard this, and knew he was in trouble. Troy finally got up to Chuck, and wailed on Chuck's bald head with a hearty fist swing. Chuck recoiled to this pretty badly. Troy went for another punch to Chuck's gut, as it landed. Chuck clenched his stomach, as Troy kicked Chuck in the head. Chuck was now bleeding out of his nose. The pain was very bad for Chuck, and this pleased Gaap very much.

Chuck was dazed as Troy landed another hit to his torso. It was a sparta kick, as Chuck fell onto a broken piece of concrete. Troy lifted a huge rock up, and made his way to Chuck. The rock was held against the poor Gearhead's head. Then, out of nowhere, a bolt came from Chuck, as Spur sent a lightning wave to Troy, paralyzing the evil man, sending him to the floor, defenseless, the rock falling behind Troy. Chuck finally made his escape and made his way to the electrical plant.

Once in the plant, Chuck looked at all of the generators, still slightly in pain. He found a generator that was exactly like his, and stripped it for what he needed. After all, who here really knew how these things worked except him? On his way out, Chuck found a Geiger counter, still in tact. Chuck picked it up, thinking he could use this for another function. He tossed it into his backpack with the generator parts and made his way out of the plant. Thankfully Troy had fled somewhere else, so Chuck made a straight b-line for his garage.

Once at the garage, Chuck found his garage thankfully un-raided. He unlocked the door and laid out his items on his workbench. He unplugged his generator, and went right to work fixing in it in the not-so-bright light. The Geiger counter was placed in a metal cabinet for later.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:01 pm 
Commentator

Melissa stared down with expressionless eyes at the alley way below her. Her mind remained blank as she took in the situation that had just happened before her. It had all happened to quickly it seemed and as she began mulling through her dead thoughts she felt a surge of urgency enter her. However she quickly tossed that feeling away as she shook her head lightly her long brown hair blowing in the wind about her.

Slowly she stood up and made her way towards the door that led to the inside of the old abandoned apartment complex below her. Carefully she turned the handle on the door before slipping inside and slamming the door lightly behind her. A cloud of dust followed in her wake but she ignored it moving swiftly towards the hallway in front of her.

The sound of her heeled shoes echoed about the otherwise silent building as she continued down her way in silence. There was no longer any sense of urgency in her step. No worry to be found within her cold silver eyes. Her body tensed ever so slightly as an image of the boy in the alley way flickered lightly in her mind but she quickly tossed it aside. Without any further distractions she continued her trek down dim broken down hallways and frozen stairwells.

Finally she reached the entrance of the building and opening the door lightly she found herself greeted with the foul scent of freshly shed blood. Even this did not faze her as she strode casually towards the alley way she had previously been looking down on. Although truth be told such a scent had only become common place in the world she was living in.

It took her only a moment more to reach the scene of the murders. Out of instinct her nose shut instantly to the scent before her but she quickly relaxed as she stared down at the three motionless bodies before her. She shook her head lightly as she gazed at the mess of blood before her.

Only one of the thugs had managed to die from something other then blood loss. It was indeed unfortunate that they had have to been caught up in all of this. Still her heart held no sympathy towards them even as she slowly turned their bodies over with her foot. They had done it to themselves after all. This world was a cruel place where only the strongest could survive. If they were not strong enough on their own then they did not deserve to live.

"Truly unfortunate." She said to herself lightly. "I would of thought that you thugs would have more power then this." she turned herself to face the largest of the thugs the one she had referred to before as "Grant" whom had met the most unfortunate end at the hands of a meddler. "I guess your spiritual suppression power did not do you any good against a couple of random meddlers my dear Grant. It is a shame...you would of lasted much longer under any other circumstances."

Turning away she turned towards her next target of interest. Jacob stood there still petrified clutching the dagger which he had removed from the nameless thug's lifeless body. He seemed to be caught in a trance. This was no surprise to Melissa however as she continued her hold of his mind until she saw fit to release him. It was also no surprise to her that despite the two meddlers part in these events Jacob had managed to remain completely intact.

"Your copycat ability still serves you well little Jacob." Melissa thought to herself as she grinned lightly to herself. The events that had transpired her had only been partially her doing and the two strangers did not help ease her mind at this moment. True she would most likely never see them again but they had made quite a mess here and she did not feel directly inclined to clean it up.

Melissa continued to stand there silently weighing her options at this point. Indeed there was a bit of bitterness still towards those two strangers who had shown up out of nowhere. Melissa grin remained plastered to her face. However inside of her she could feel a number of brooding emotions that were causing her anger levels to rise. Things had not worked out the way she planned.

Finally Jacob broke free of his trance as he slowly took in the image of the woman standing in front of him. His eyes dropped from her to the bodies behind her before once again resting on Melissa's cold stare. He knew that he had failed her so then why was she so silent? He locked his eyes with hers for a few moments before turning his face away. Those eyes of hers had always caused him a degree of discomfort.

Still he continued to wonder at the fact that she had not done anything towards him yet. Here he knew she had the power to kill him or worse torture him on the spot but she made no movements towards him. Was she feeling sympathy towards the eight year old body which he inhabited? No. He had known her long enough to know that could not be the case.

She was far too deceptive to have a heart for children like that or a heart for anyone at that matter. She was the type of person who would take advantage of anyone child or otherwise. He knew how her mind worked...he had seen it before. Not only that he knew that he had fallen for it before.

Jacob cringed inwardly as he thought of how he had fallen so easily into her trap. He had been fooled by her empty charades enough so that he had become like a puppet to her. Obeying her only to preserve his own sanity. Thats right...that was the only reason why he allowed her to use him and the boy so easily.

Deceiving the boy had been so easy. All she had to do was use that strange power of hers and the boy instantly believed that she was his mother. Jacob however had not been so easily broken. Still try as he may now he knew he could not escape the illusion that stood there before him. She had him right where she wanted him. He had no choice but to surrender.

"You win this round b*tch." he mumbled under his breathe as he lowered his head in submission. He felt the need to fall to his knees before her but out of his own defiance continued to stand there keeping his eyes level with the ground. He would let his 'other self' deal with this witch for now. At least then he could maintain some minor dignity inside.

If she did decide to slay the child it would be to his benefit at this point. At least then he could escape from her crazy clutches and be free to choose a new stronger host this time. However if she didnt then he would do as he must for now showing up when the kid needed "help" much the same way he had when that insane stranger had shown up and killed the man he himself was originally set to kill.

Jacob shrugged off all of these thoughts now and fell limp as he gave over control to the young boy whose body he possessed. He moved his presence into the back recesses of the boys mind as he rested his thoughts of all that had happened here. At least if he had to obey someone that someone was relatively respectable he thought to himself.

The boy fell silently into Melissas arms. Without another word she picked him up and carried him away from that place. He had done his job for now. He would maintain his use to her until the next time she need him. Such was his fate at this point and he indeed seemed resigned to it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elaine continued to senselessly run from the presence of the strong spirit within that alley way. As she ran she passed a cold figure that smelt strongly of blood and something else she could not identify at the time. Her senses were fully alert now as she could read that the man was yet another spiritual although somehow he seemed even stronger then the last.

Elaine stopped suddenly as she realized which direction she had been running. As her mind slowly began to return to her recognition came over her about what she had just been doing. Just what was it she had been running from?

She shook her head lightly trying to collect her thoughts on the matter. She continued walking in the general direction she was going. This was not the first time she had seen such strong spirits before. After all she and Crystal had worked for years now at preventing such spirits from gaining control in this world. Still she couldn't help but wonder at the terror she had felt within herself the moment that man had awoken from being knocked out. What had happened that would cause her to feel such fear?

She thought back to the moment where she had first panicked. The man didn't seem all that powerful to her. Even with that spirit inside of him it had only taken Crystal a very quick kick to the head to knock him out. So there had to be something more to it then that. Could it be that there was some other force at work here that she didn't know about?

Elaine paused for a moment thinking over such a possibility. It seemed out of the way but somehow it made sense. After all there were two powerful spirits there not just one. However she continued to question the validity of such a thought. It seemed that no matter what idea she drew at there was always something that countered such a notion.

Elaines thoughts flowed a bit more smoothly now as she turned in the direction of Aarons house. She could really use his company right now as much as it aggrieved her to admit it. She realized slowly that she could feel Crystals love for him within herself and she nearly gagged on the thought of it.

Then it hit her. The feeling of fear from earlier...that wasn't hers either. Elaines mind immediately clicked as the thought completed itself. Just after Crystal had fainted from whatever had caused her to feel so horrified her own heart had taken on Crystals feelings. Thus she reacted in the way that was only natural to her. She fled.

Elaine heaved a slight sigh of relief as she realized that it was not her own reaction that had caused her to act this way. Although just after that a sense of dread came upon her in realization of the fact that something had indeed been terrifying enough to frighten Crystal that much. There was indeed some power there that she was unable to understand and it was coming... from that boy.

However just as Elaine was getting to the bottom of the mystery behind these feelings she felt her head begin to ache. Crystal was awakening once more. For now Elaine felt it best to block out memories of all that had just happened. Continuing towards home she carried the package for Aaron in her arms and began to work her way slowly through Crystal's head blocking out images and replacing her thoughts. This was the best she could do for now.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:56 pm 
Newcomer

In his shelter in the dark, Xander woke suddenly from what felt like a deep sleep. He shook his head, he hadn't slept well... those dreams again. Xander felt around in the dark, searching for his light. His hand hit something sharp and he pulled it back rapidly. letting his eyes adjust he slowly began to make out the shape of his room... which seemed... messier than usual. Finally finding a flashlight he turned it on and looked around. Claw marks and broken objects were all over the room, his sheets torn, and it looked like all the food was gone too.

Bloody hell, not this again.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

Meat! She had found meat! Sweet, savory beef! Preserved by the icy darkness beneath the restaurant. She knew if she pushed on far enough she would find some scrap of tender goodness! Sure the restaurant was picked clean but not everyone could get where she could. Not even the rats.

Sure a few tried. Somehow they got dug through the concrete floor and scampered through the air vent. But none of those greasy rodents could have survived that drop. The ten feet from the vent to the cooler floor was enough to snap their flimsy spines. She was grateful for their attempt. Their bodies made for a satisfying crunch when she jumped into the forgotten fridge.

Her first few bites of the dry beef were sloppy but satisfying. Her snarling stomach complained. Surely the meat hadn’t spoiled at this temperature. It was too dark to check the color but the taste said fresh. Well, passable. It couldn’t be human anyway. Human had never appealed to her. It just sounds so... chewy. Nothing like a juicy cow.

Tears trickled down her midnight eyes, but they weren’t hers. Her body didn’t believe in eating meat. No wonder she was so thin and pale. Although, her rail-like body did help in snaking through that vent. But meat was health. Nicole wiped away the drops forming in her eyes. She never cried. Not even death had made her weep. She was far too strong for that.

When Nicole finished her slice of hope she let out a small sigh. From what she could tell the meat was the only salvageable food in the entire fridge. She fished out the lighter from her left pocket. and automatically reached for her smokes in the other. But the pocket was empty and she took a deep breath. She didn’t plan on ruining this body too. That life was behind her. She wouldn’t even keep a pack if she found one. But first she had to find one.

Any boxes that weren’t open should have been kept that way. Bananas did not last forever. Same with red peppers.. or green.. whatever color they were. When she uncovered a crate of shriveled strawberries she felt a tingle. A little chill down her spine. A cloudy picture formed in her mind of a girl with silver hair and an older boy that wore Nicole’s trench coat picking strawberries from a bush. She hated that girl. So shy and weak. "Why are the seeds on the outside?" The girl whispered.

“So you don’t have to worry about finding them inside,” her brother replied as he plucked one and popped it into his mouth. Nicole began to stack boxes so she could get back to the vent. More boxes than she used to need. She couldn’t dissuade the tears this time.

After returning to the surface, Nicole brushed the dust off of her coat. It was a good coat, regardless of its last owner. She didn’t need to search the kitchen to know the place had been pillaged. The front entrance had a gaping hole where the door had been removed from its hinges. Surprisingly, the window next to it remained intact. Perfect.

A part of her still received a shock when she dove into the window. A very small part. The surface of the glass was no different than the surface of a lake but then again this body had never swam before. Next to the feel, it was the sound she loved. Like holiday bells. A whole cast iron orchestra, ringing.

On the other side, she inspected the window behind her. She frowned when she saw a small crack where her fingers made contact. She was out of practice. The dissatisfaction quickly left as she began to walk down the city street. The breeze made Nicole brushed the silver locks out of her face. Trying to push it back only made her realize what a tangle her hair had become. Her walk became a trot. She would find a comb in this city. And a steak. And a full rack of ribs.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:57 am 
Freelancer

Miles makes sure the kitchen is closed with a locked combination that only he and Ryder knew its passcode. If some insane person were to burst in, they either won't be able to get in or it would be a challenge for them.

Meanwhile in the library:

"Focus the power in your head," Amy told Ryder. "Remember that it's not the words the describe the power. It's the soul that makes it happen. Many who produce witchcraft can summon spells silently. But it takes years because they have to know the feeling. Saying these words in Latin will encourage you to use the actual power. But for a beginner, it may not be easy. Which is why you have drawn a pentagram on the desk. Any questions before we test your power out?"

"I do have one," Ryder said. "How will I be able to make magic without a pentagram? I can't just draw it everywhere I go."

"We'll worry about that later," Amy replied. "For now, let's practice."

Ryder took a deep breath.

Miles spends his time walking around since there's never anything Ryder and Miles can do. The hotel is same old same old. Miles sat on a desk next to a powerless lamp and turned its head as if it were a friend of his.

"I wish you could talk little lamp," Miles said. "It's no fun being alone with Ryder. It would be cool to have someone else we can depend on. Another friend."

Miles cuts off talking to nothing, knowing that talking to an inanimate object will get him nowhere. He closes his eyes with his head down and hears some voices in the background. Miles looks towards the entrance of the hotel and sees shadows coming inside on the walls.

"Oh no," Miles murmured as he quickly slid off the desk and hides under it.

"THERE'S GOT TO BE FOOD AROUND HERE!" a young adult women shrieked.

"We will find it!" the man said next to her who seemed more calm.

Miles tries to get a closer look without an indication of his presence. The man and women were so close to each other that they could either be siblings or lovers. Their expressions looked ugly, especially the women and both of them had a little bit of blood on their face and clothing presuming they were insane cannibals.

"There's the kitchen!" the women pointed out with a shriek.

"Let's see if they got booze!" the man said as the two limped their way to the kitchen.

Miles crawled as silently as he could out to make sure he can run up the stairs and get to Ryder in time. "Son of a b¡tch," Miles whispered to himself.

"THERE'S THE DOOR!" the women shrieked from the kitchen.

Miles finally gave a move and silently sneaked upstairs. He was glad that he made a clearer way for him and Ryder to go up and down the stairs. Never in the months have they been here that a person has walked in the hotel. It has surprised them but for it to happen now, it was about time. That means if these people get the remaining rice and beer, they will have nothing and cannibalism is the last thing they would ever want to commit just for survival. Miles got to the top and silently ran to their room. Ryder was not present and then remembered about Ryder holding the book about learning the language Latin. So he switched turns and ran as silently as he could to the library.

Ryder exhaled as his arm was wide out with his palm pointing towards two books with one stacked on top of the other. Ryder gave another inhale than exhale with his eyes closed.

"Try opening your eyes," Amy said. "You have better control with them open."

Ryder opens his eyes and prepares to summon his first real spell.

"Sursum!" Ryder said in latin.

The bottom book started to shake, and suddenly the book was rising up into thin air with the other book on top. Ryder gave a smile but remembered that he had to focus in order to control it. Ryder raised it higher until the top book touched the ceiling.

"Deorsum!" Ryder said to lower to bottom book down carrying the top book with it.

"Very steady!" Amy admitted. "You have learned quite fast. But there's still lots of terms and spells for you to learn."

Ryder gave a smile as he finally released the stress he thought he had to hold. He was able to keep a book balanced on the book he was controlling while lowering it down slowly.

"I want to learn more," Ryder pleaded. "Just nothing dark."

"Of course," Amy replied. "You're only an amateur, so you definitely need practice."

"Ryder!" Miles called out silently running down the aisle to the table.

"Miles?" Ryder said. "What are you doing-"

"Sh!" Miles silenced Ryder. "There's two people in the hotel stealing our food!"

"Oh son of a b¡tch," Ryder said. "What kind of people?"

"A man and a women," Miles replied. "They have blood on them that I'm presuming is not theirs."

"Well that just made me feel better," Ryder sarcastically said.

"We have to find a way out of this hotel without getting caught," Miles said.

The two nodded to each other as they reached the exit.

"Remember Ryder!" Amy said, "you can't use your power without a pentagram."

Ryder and Miles reached the door right when Miles backed up from the man.

"Looks like my lucky day!" the cannibalistic man grinned holding his big sharp pocket knife.

"Look pal," Miles said. "We're just a bunch of people trying to survive too okay, let's not get violent here, we don't want to hurt you."

"But I do," the cannibalistic man grinned. "I must eat.

The man slashed as Miles jumped back almost getting his stomach cut.
The man slashed downwards and Miles grabbed his wrist preventing to be stabbed.

"Miles!," Ryder said with an idea. "Follow me!"

The man kicked Miles and Miles dodged the knife slashing down. Miles ran further behind Ryder with the man on his tail.

"Ryder!" Miles yelled. "What are you doing?"

"Ryder!" Amy called from inside him (Miles and the man can't hear Amy.) "This is risky! You're not ready yet!"

"I'm willing to take a chance!" Ryder said.

Ryder ran back into the spot where he drew the pentagram on the table.

"Ryder!" Miles shouted as the man threw the knife.

"FINIS!" Ryder yelled out pointing his palm at the knife. The knife was a hair away from impaling Miles' back as it came to a sudden halt in mid air.

"What the hell?" Miles shouted realizing what Ryder was doing.

"Die you motherfu-" the cannibalistic man yelled before Ryder uses another spell.

"SURSUM!" Ryder shouts sending the man pinned to the ceiling well dropping the knife to the ground.

Miles couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Ryder performing magic. "How?" he asks.

"I'll explain later," Ryder says.

The man struggles trying to get off of the room.
"I need food!" the cannibalistic man begged.

"Well I guess you should have robbed the grocery store when you had the chance," Ryder snaps thinking of how to fight this guy.

"Do it Ryder," Amy said. "Send him flying out the window. Kill him."

"I can't," Ryder replied.

"You can't what?" Miles asks.

"Do it Ryder!" Amy says. "This man is corrupted with evil. The longer he's alive, the more people he'll kill. Kill him now."

Ryder struggles trying to figure out what to do. He didn't want to kill a man. But he believes Amy is right. Not only would he be saving Miles and himself but he would save dozens that this man would hunt.

"VAPULATE!" Ryder shouts sending the man flying out the window. The man screams as he falls to the ground.
The boys look out the window and the man is on the ground with a large broken shard of glass impaled through his body.

"Holy sh¡t Ryder," Miles swore.

Ryder didn't feel good. He felt terrible that his first human to kill is a man who tried to kill them. But the only thing that made him feel good about it is that it wasn't a man who was good in any way. The guy was a cannibal. He was insane.

Report this post