The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post subject: Re: Ethereal Dominance - Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:37 pm 
Intermediate

WhiteMage wrote:
I think he was speaking more along the lines of direct locations such as "where in the city is this located" and such. For example: Where exactly is the hotel located? Towards the center of the map or elsewhere?

Yeah, slightly, though it's hard to say so in words without any means of reference. I'll be attempting to do up a doodle of a map including "general" areas and locations (like the forests, the borders, the ruined city, the heart of the merging, such things as that). Concerning specific locations (dots on the map), those can be places according to the RPGer's preferences after we've agreed what I've got laid out works for our means. Any underground or interior mappings will NOT be done up on this map or any other (since those hard mainly irrelevant in comparison to the general map), so just don't expect those coming from me.

Remember:
THAT'S LORD GAVIN TO YOU!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:58 pm 
Freelancer

I suppose the hotel is close to the park, just north across the street.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:11 pm 
Freelancer

You could always include Chuck's garage, which is hidden under a huge pile of rubble (not sure that can be done, and if not, it's fine).

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:14 am 
Novice

also, possibly a section of the college Raux came from.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:49 pm 
Intermediate

So, as you guys might know, I've gone and gotten myself sick right now and (since I work all day still), I'm end up coming home totally fried. In that, I might not be appearing much on Skype for the next few days and/or posting in ED. It really all depends if either I find the mental concentration and/or time for it at this point, so don't hold it against me. I'm just sort of sucking at things right now. -_-'

That said, you guys are doing just fine without me still (Thank God I decided to withhold my direct involvement for a time... quite convenient, actually). Ensure your time-flow of events seems natural enough and continue to pay attention to what time of day it is and how long it's been like that. Continuing to try and keep things balanced within 4-5 posts minimum before time transitions would be idle so things do appear jumpy or disjointed from one another.

As for the character sketches and maps, I'll try and attend to those sometime soon, while I'm relaxing away from the computer (so long as I have the capacity to do them still). Just know they're coming. Continue to mention any locations that should/may be included on the map as I draw it out and, if you could be nice enough to, tell me which character is your MAIN character for me to doodle out (if you're controller more than one, that is).

Beyond that... Yeah. Keep having fun.

P.S.
I am AMAZED everyone have embraced the cannibalism idea from my post... Thought I'd end up disturbing people, but hey, it's what works given the setting. XD

Remember:

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:34 pm 
Commentator

LordGavin wrote:
So, as you guys might know, I've gone and gotten myself sick right now and (since I work all day still), I'm end up coming home totally fried. In that, I might not be appearing much on Skype for the next few days and/or posting in ED. It really all depends if either I find the mental concentration and/or time for it at this point, so don't hold it against me. I'm just sort of sucking at things right now. -_-'

That said, you guys are doing just fine without me still (Thank God I decided to withhold my direct involvement for a time... quite convenient, actually). Ensure your time-flow of events seems natural enough and continue to pay attention to what time of day it is and how long it's been like that. Continuing to try and keep things balanced within 4-5 posts minimum before time transitions would be idle so things do appear jumpy or disjointed from one another.

As for the character sketches and maps, I'll try and attend to those sometime soon, while I'm relaxing away from the computer (so long as I have the capacity to do them still). Just know they're coming. Continue to mention any locations that should/may be included on the map as I draw it out and, if you could be nice enough to, tell me which character is your MAIN character for me to doodle out (if you're controller more than one, that is).

Beyond that... Yeah. Keep having fun.

P.S.
I am AMAZED everyone have embraced the cannibalism idea from my post... Thought I'd end up disturbing people, but hey, it's what works given the setting. XD

I havent really "embraced" the cannibalism idea. I think both of my spirit character detest such things. Still yeah it only makes sense given the context. Who was it who put it best "wandering around like zombies" or something like that? Yeah thats pretty much the way it is at this point.

Dont worry though...all they wanna do is eat your brains ;)

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:43 pm 
Freelancer

It's hard to say if Ryder or Miles will be more of my main character since they will get even amounts of time, but more time for the one developing or discovering his powers. The first few posts seem to show more of Ryder over Miles, but Miles will be as much of a main character as Ryder is.

It's quite sad how the cannibalism theme is strong within the characters but it works out great. I do mention that Ryder hopes they don't have to eat human flesh, so it may be possible that they'll have to if they have no choice. For living on dry rice and beer without proper food and absolutely no water, it's hard enough on them. Since they are running out of food and beer, they will have to alter their ways of eating while avoiding cannibalism and raw meat, and keeping each other alive.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:28 pm 
Commentator

After Jays post I think its finally about time that peoples characters start meeting up. I dont know how this will work but I think with the new addition of the private skype chat we can figure some things out.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:18 am 
Role Player

Location: In my own secret place, hiding from the cold world.
I'm going to make a post tomorrow, when I'm (hopefully) not as tired from school camp. XD (Forgive me for not posting in a few days and stuff, school camp and feeling KINDA tired now. XD)

Image <-Thanks ML!

Life SUCKS,
but death sucks even MORE.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:33 am 
Intermediate

It's probably around time that Mathew met up with someone's character by now. He's in the borderline area of the residential and forested areas of the city, so if there's anyone there that would enjoy crossing paths with him, let me know and we'll work on exactly how that'll go down.

Remember:

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 am 
Commentator

Ill be thinking about my third post today. I wont be able to write it out for a bit though as work will be keeping me busy this weekend. Until then *Shrugs* well see what happens.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:14 am 
Freelancer

If you're still sketching a map, how about a cemetery on the east side
a five story ruined hospital downtown
and a ruined sport (probably football) arena near the park.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:46 pm 
Intermediate

See my forum member's post for information concern my involvement in this RPG. I'm sorry, but I just want to be alone for a while...

Remember:

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:23 pm 
Intermediate

*Ahem* No need to kill the RPG with my absence. There's still plenty to be had with; especially before Xaphan shows up. Keep it going people. ;P

On a minor note, I'm doing a lot better right now, emotionally. Physically, I'm still needing to take care of, but I'm slowly taking the right steps towards that. Since I can pop in around here at work, don't think I won't check these forums every so often. I'll do my best to keep my roles going despite what's happening. Beyond that, it might be a while before you guys see me around Skype... I'm just needing more time for myself still and I don't know how long that's gonna be...

Remember:

Report this post