The RichAlvarez Fan Forums

The Plumber Fans Return

It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to <strong>Stupid Mario Bros Fan Forum.</strong>

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:31 pm 
Storyteller

what as the name of the buyer?

it was...iGottaCatchemAll...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:33 pm 
Middling

5/10 con-sorry i mean it was funny but episode wasn't the greatest it seemed like the episode wasn't going anywhere(no offense rich)
pro-liked that ups guy was in another episode and the hat thing was funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:57 pm 
Commentator

I really enjoyed this episode! Especially Ash playing with Mario and Luigi's hats. "I'm Maluiash!"

And I'm glad coconut is talking again! I like coconut.

The weirdest bit for me though was the Link killing Steve. (Not in a bad weird way at all.) It sent shivers through me and made me feel a little ill. (In a good way!)

It took me a moment to pinpoint the reasons why. First, so far, the seriousness of the show has been tempered with comedy. Even the death of Nox Decious had a tinge of the outrageous. In comparison, Steve's death seemed very weighty.

The second reason, and probably the stronger of the two, is that some small part of me didn't see Link kill Steve and instead saw Kent kill Dane. I guess you could call it a "partial suspension of disbelief." (Or you could call it crazy, I don't mind.) But I can't help but think of each character at least in part as the actor who is playing him. Needless to say, it was a sense of relief I got when the bloopers rolled and Dane reappeared alive and well.

9.5/10 you guys! (–.5 for Mario swearing)

^Thanks ML!^

Last edited by Aisling on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 am 
Tyro

Great episode overall, but I really thought Steve's death scene seemed sort of... corny. The parts with Link talking about never killing anyone seemed kind of out of place, but maybe that's supposed to be funny to some people. Regardless, I did like that Steve actually was killed.

What I did like was the humor. Ash was great and I thought the bloopers were some of the season's best. My only real problem with this episode besides the corniness of Steve's death was the lack of any real plot movement. Yes, Mario and Luigi recovered their hats and Link killed Steve and talked to the cocunut, but I would think that there would be a bit more plot considering the finale is drawing nearer.

This episode was a great one and has given me reason to look forward to the next three episodes, which I expect will be filled with plot movement with a little less than usual comic relief (but not zero comic relief).

8.5/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:38 am 
Novice

9.5/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:49 am 
Newcomer

I enjoyed the sheer silliness of the whole Ebay fiasco with Ash buying the hats and all. It is a bit pointless, but it's all good fun.

I have to admit though, that I was a little disappointed with the fight between Link and Steve. It was cool to see them slug fists, but if that's all that Steve could do, Link could have probably let him run away. I mean, no need to gut the guy if all he can do is throw punches. I was hoping it was going to turn out that he had this badass ability, and we could have enjoyed a really awesome fight.

Oh well.

With that said, I still think you guys are doing an awesome job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:13 am 
Creator

geekbot wrote:
I enjoyed the sheer silliness of the whole Ebay fiasco with Ash buying the hats and all. It is a bit pointless, but it's all good fun.

I have to admit though, that I was a little disappointed with the fight between Link and Steve. It was cool to see them slug fists, but if that's all that Steve could do, Link could have probably let him run away. I mean, no need to gut the guy if all he can do is throw punches. I was hoping it was going to turn out that he had this badass ability, and we could have enjoyed a really awesome fight.

Oh well.

With that said, I still think you guys are doing an awesome job!

The fight in 44 will make up for that I'm sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 am 
Forum Gamer

I was never really a fan of Steve and I was waiting for Link to Kick some butt, so I absolutely loved this episode haha!

9.5/10

^Click to view my youtube page!^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:18 am 
Commentator

OH NOES! Rich Cursed!!! Oh my virgin, 18yearold ears! lol jk Rich you gained my respect by not being afraid to cuss alittle. *high Five* also I like the episode it seemed alittle bit more dark then normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:17 am 
Freelancer

9.5/10 rarely given

.5 off because the Crazy Fan wasn't really funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:51 am 
Forum Gamer

Well, it was definately funny, I'll give you that. I give it 8/10 sub-plots resolved. I just need more main plot in my StMB diet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:09 am 
Site Admin

TheHiddenOne wrote:
1. I find it strange that Mario and Luigi have completely ignored their quest to find Walgina, and that the fan part had nothing to do with bringing them closer to Walgina's location. It was a funny joke at first, but to me, it seemed the joke dragged on too long, and it took away from the plot. I'm not saying Mario and Luigi can't have funny, out of place moments, but still, it seemed a little strange that they would sidetrack for that long over this problem.
2. Now I understand if they aren't looking for Walgina because they now know where Wario is, and now they know he has the nether saber, but I find it strange that in one episode, Mario was trying to warn snake about Wario, and was worried, and then completely forgot about Wario and chased after the fan in the next episode. I know, you need to get his hat back. Fine, but again, seems like this joke subplot went too long. Even if it did show the return of UPS man (who I wanted back for awhile.)

I'm not saying this was a bad episode, I enjoyed it greatly. And I understand that there can't always be serious episodes, and we need some silly parts, but I just feel that I can't give this episode a perfect score with some of these things in mind. Maybe I'll see something in the next episode that might change my mind, like Wario pretending to be Snake's teacher, but right now, I just can't give it a perfect score. But please, don't think I hated this episode, I loved it.

Yeah when I took a step back from the Hat thing I said to myself: What does this have to do with Nox Decious? This is like an entire different series. So I did the Math.

Mario and Luigi chase the Fan Girl who stole thier hats.
Mario and Luigi run into a fan girl while looking for Walgina.
Mario and Luigi want to find Walgina so they can get to Waluigi.
Mario and Luigi want to find Waluigi so they can get to Wario.
Wario killed Decious at the end of the Finale.

Oh there we go. But we know Walgina doesn't know where Waluigi is, and nobody knows where Waluigi is, and Waluigi probably doesn't nkow much about Wario. So is this 7 episode long quest even make sence?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:10 pm 
Newcomer

Woot! I just got done watching it. 10/10 from me. I rofled at Ash and his odd antics. Though the completely different feelings of the two plots gave me whiplash, it's alright b/c there's probably no good way to mosh them. This way it satisfies the overall audience since it's split between the people who love the silliness of the first episodes and the people who love the newer storylines. It adds up great overall.

Though I'm confused on why Luigi explained to Ash that Mario's powers come from the hat...I suppose he was just being consoling at the time and didn't think twice about it. That and it makes for a very good plot point. If we weren't told that then, and it happened later, more people would complain.

The Link and Steve scene was very shocking to me because I didn't expect Link to actually kill him, but kudos anyway!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:31 pm 
Newcomer

AdminAdam wrote:
But we know Walgina doesn't know where Waluigi is, and nobody knows where Waluigi is, and Waluigi probably doesn't nkow much about Wario. So is this 7 episode long quest even make sence?

Yes, but they don't know that they don't know, you know? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:55 pm 
Co-Creator

geekbot wrote:
AdminAdam wrote:
But we know Walgina doesn't know where Waluigi is, and nobody knows where Waluigi is, and Waluigi probably doesn't nkow much about Wario. So is this 7 episode long quest even make sence?

Yes, but they don't know that they don't know, you know? :P

Don't worry guys, all of the loose plot holes and continuity errors will be cleared up in the final 3 Episodes. Most of them will actually be cleared up in Episode 43. So yeah, don't stress about it. Everything should make sense next week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next